1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
So I know that Smurfing is generally against the rules and frowned upon and if I remember correctly its bannable right? Well why is it that YouTube content creators don't get their smurf accounts Banned? I don't want to name names but for instance someone who's well known for FFA and pretty much a pro-level player couldn't find a match while on their main account then went onto a new one and destroyed the competition, or when the creator makes a new account for a new series they're doing on their channel and start over again? why aren't these accounts banned?
I'd like to know this myself. People are always making smurf accounts for this game and it never seems anything will ever get done about it.
Those accounts probably eventually get banned. It's not like they instantly know when some one makes a "Smurf" account. It takes awhile for the account to gets detected
Creating a new account and playing at a consistent level is not against the rules. Creating a new account, then throwing matches so you can steamroll later is against the rules and 343 has systems in place to ban those players
Playing on an alt account is fine as long as you play normally like you would on your main account.
Just played a SWAT match where I am ranked CSR 1752 and got put up against two unranked players who had just a couple of games on their account. They played normally and both went slightly positive and the game was close (evenly matched). Of course the first game will probably be a washout but one mismatched game per account seems ok by me.

How the system can instantly recognize a good player from just a few games is actually quite an accomplishment. As long as the "evenly matched" criterion is met, they can make as many smurf accounts as they like as far as I'm concerned.
Smurfing is a fact of life on consoles, as long as there is skill based MM there will always be smurfing. Gamers are a competitive bunch. A lot of them will do anything to get an advantage or to feel better than the competition.

Developers can't do much about it, considering how easy it is to make a new one.

I understand it's not fun to play against these tryhards. They have a habit of being toxic and total -Yoink- s.

But at this point, just be glad the situation in H5 isn't as bad as it is in Rainbow 6 Siege or another more popular game.
Creating a new account and playing at a consistent level is not against the rules. Creating a new account, then throwing matches so you can steamroll later is against the rules and 343 has systems in place to ban those players
If the competitive skill system works in Halo as it does for Overwatch, then new accounts will almost always start on the lower elo spectrum. If the player blatantly holds back despite being skilled, then the system will keep them lower (or as you say, if they blatantly throw, they won't excel, they're cheating a system) and they can easily stomp the competition and then repeat the cycle the next season during placements.

I however don't know EXACTLY how the MMR works in Halo 5, and I won't pretend to know how it works; I am merely stating that if it works like another game, that's likely what's happening.

Regardless, if someone of high skill jumps onto an account that purposely is set to a lower elo to stomp the competition, that's hardly fair. I mean (again, comparing to Overwatch as that's the only other game I know of personally that has this problem) if a top500 player that plays, say, Reaper were to hop on an account they purposely kept at around Silver or Gold to easily stomp the competition; that's about a 2000 SR difference (which is about a 5 rank difference as Overwatch doesn't have intermission ranks, they just go Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Diamond, Master, Grand Master, top500). Things like that should not be allowed, yet they are, until they break something like a rule or someone finally decides they've seen enough reports to finally do something (or however it goes down.)

Doing things like that skews data; if it's in a team based scenario then some teams might experience victories they should not have and will push them up when they're not ready.
It's definitely frustrating when Smurf like that happens.
Dilionaire wrote:
So I know that Smurfing is generally against the rules and frowned upon and if I remember correctly its bannable right? Well why is it that YouTube content creators don't get their smurf accounts Banned? I don't want to name names but for instance someone who's well known for FFA and pretty much a pro-level player couldn't find a match while on their main account then went onto a new one and destroyed the competition, or when the creator makes a new account for a new series they're doing on their channel and start over again? why aren't these accounts banned?
then if he cant find games with the main account and he really wants to play Halo, what is he supposed to do? I think is not a bad thing in that cases, is a only a problem with people that abuse of making a lot of accounts
I played triple team and had a guy on my team go 25 and 1 when i checked his stats i found out he was a bronze 1 the while watching twitch i found out it was a streamer and youtuber who tanked his mmr so he could play social games and get clips its not right to tank a game for any reason
I played triple team and had a guy on my team go 25 and 1 when i checked his stats i found out he was a bronze 1 the while watching twitch i found out it was a streamer and youtuber who tanked his mmr so he could play social games and get clips its not right to tank a game for any reason
That’s exactly what I’m talking about, people like that deserve to have all accounts they play halo on banned. It makes the game so much less enjoyable for others trying to get as good as them.
I had a silver 2 in an extermination match absolutely dominate. I'm plat 2-3 typically and all the other players in the match were gold & platinum.

Don't know what their main account was (probably champ based on performance), but the placement matches for the account they were playing on told the story. All terrible games and DNFs.
Smurfs get console banned fast.

Usually the best players will match Onyx/Champ players after two or three games on a fresh account! Only way to smurf now is to throw games. But, I advise againt it, the banhammer will find you fast.
I run into smurf accounts all the time, and it's annoying. You can tell they're smurf accounts because they'll have a ridiculously low gamerscore, usually in the 100-200's with a rank of like 30 and proceed to dominate. I just report them and move on.
This game has such a dvindling population that I can only play HCS on balanced and Warzone and BTB fiesta on expanded. Any playlist other than these or infection and firefight and it's a miracle I even find a game. So I can't really blame people for making alts to at least play the game. Of course if people just tank games and intentionally lower their MMR it's wrong but the matchmaking and ban systems detect these cases I believe.
I am new to halo I’ve only been playing about a year. I started out at a bronze 1 level and I remember how bad I was now I’m consistently ranking in at a low gold. I play with diamond and platinum players. So when I play alone I do pretty well against other gold players. But the other day I played a match against a bronze 2 with only 3 games total completed and this player went 25 and 1 now to someone like me who is trying to rank up this is frustrating because it only takes a couple losses to drop a whole rank and a ton of wins to go up. So people saying it’s ok for these players to do this so they can play and get good clips is bull dung. Because they are ranking up players that are not ready and keeping down players that are it messes up the whole system of match making.
This ^
I have a second account that matches me with higher online competition than my main account, so is that smurfing?
I hope infinite uses the Overwatch method, which would be that social games are allowed at any spartan level but ranked matches are only allowed once you reach spartan level 15 for example.
Yes, people do create smurf accounts because they have trouble finding games but this won't be an issue when infinite comes out and the population is healthy again. Those that are creating smurf accounts simply to pub stomp would decrease dramatically because by the time they get to level 15 they would (hopefully) get noticed and banned. Or they might not even want to put the hours in again in the first place just to play ranked games. Regardless I think this is a much more fair matchmaking method overall.
Personally afk and guys that team mate kill on purpose for whatever reason are far more of an issue than smurf accounts ever will be.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3