1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
What I think is total BS is that dudes in Fatal and other high ranking companies will make smurfs and then play with other high ranking members of Fatal and quit on purpose at the very end of the game if their team is definitely going to lose. They go through all of this trouble to "boost" up 1 or 2 players csr and lower would-be csr of the winning team by quitting. this needs to be recognized by 343 and penalized. its very obvious when they do it and it happens frequently.
Smurf accounts allow for the game to continually be fun since a higher level is worried about his rank and sometimes its nice to have two sets of accounts with certain presets for certain gametypes
I think in some cases, people who make content have alternate accounts compared to their main ones. I know once I get all the stuff set up to stream properly, I will make a secondary account. One will be my main for hanging out and gaming with friends and the other will be like my main streaming account, that way if I do Achievement Hunting guides for my channel or something, I can show off how to get some that I may have already gotten on my main.

But yea, the ones that do it just to be -yoinks- is very frustrating especially when it's obvious that they are doing it to take advantage of other players. It's why I never go by someone's rank in any game. To me, rank doesn't mean skill....rank means just how long an account has been played because you can have people who smurf accounts that seem low leveled but will stomp you....and then there are low level players who just pay for or have someone else rank their accounts up so they appear to be skilled but overall suck in the end.
then there are low level players who just pay for or have someone else rank their accounts up so they appear to be skilled but overall suck in the end.
I don't understand if you're a silver player who paid to have your rank be onyx or champion why you would play on that rank. It's obvious you're going to get crushed.
KayMrt wrote:
then there are low level players who just pay for or have someone else rank their accounts up so they appear to be skilled but overall suck in the end.
I don't understand if you're a silver player who paid to have your rank be onyx or champion why you would play on that rank. It's obvious you're going to get crushed.
Because some people want it too look like they are great. You see/hear it all the time about people who suck at a game but want their profiles/accounts/ranks to look like they are awesome so they just pay to have someone else do all the work for them so they can be like "Well, this is my Rank on my profile." or "I'm this level/rank so obviously I am awesome at the game." And then they can't back it up when they try to 1v1 someone.
Is that even a thing anymore? Last I heard of people paying for accounts was in H3.
KayMrt wrote:
Because some people want it too look like they are great. You see/hear it all the time about people who suck at a game but want their profiles/accounts/ranks to look like they are awesome so they just pay to have someone else do all the work for them so they can be like "Well, this is my Rank on my profile." or "I'm this level/rank so obviously I am awesome at the game." And then they can't back it up when they try to 1v1 someone.
I understand having the rank. I don't understand playing in a ranked playlist on a rank you clearly are not.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Is that even a thing anymore? Last I heard of people paying for accounts was in H3.
It may not be as common a thing now in Halo 5 but I am pretty sure it still happens to some extent.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
For the topic on this site, I'm afraid that this is still a common practice not just in Halo, but a number of games. People go online and have someone/they themselves hack their records and make it seem like they're an experienced, badass player. They believe this gives them the right to brag to everyone else that they one of the best players in a certain gameplay. They basically 'talk the talk' when they can't 'walk the walk'.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
It may not be as common a thing now in Halo 5 but I am pretty sure it still happens to some extent.
Sadly, it does happen. Perhaps not so much in Halo 5, but it does tend to happen. Despite the measures implemented to prevent it from happening, people will still do whatever it takes to get 'bragging rights' to certain ranks, titles and achievements.
What I think is total BS is that dudes in Fatal and other high ranking companies will make smurfs and then play with other high ranking members of Fatal and quit on purpose at the very end of the game if their team is definitely going to lose. They go through all of this trouble to "boost" up 1 or 2 players csr and lower would-be csr of the winning team by quitting. this needs to be recognized by 343 and penalized. its very obvious when they do it and it happens frequently.
No kidding! It's so frustrating to other players on their team - even when there's still a chance to turn the game around and pull victory from the jaws of defeat, some players just go SP Cartman and say: "Screw you guys, I'm going home!"

And even if they are going to win, the least they can do is stay on until the end of the match. A little something some people call 'proper sportsmanship'.

I agree full-heartily - 343 needs to do something about this. To make sure these people receive proper penalties for poor behavior, and that they are prohibited from doing it again.
KayMrt wrote:
KayMrt wrote:
I understand having the rank. I don't understand playing in a ranked playlist on a rank you clearly are not.
They enjoy talking the talk, especially when they don't have to strain themselves getting the rank the hard way.
Creating a new account and playing at a consistent level is not against the rules. Creating a new account, then throwing matches so you can steamroll later is against the rules and 343 has systems in place to ban those players
I wonder how they can detect that and act on it without making really bad mistakes.
No kidding! It's so frustrating to other players on their team - even when there's still a chance to turn the game around and pull victory from the jaws of defeat, some players just go SP Cartman and say: "Screw you guys, I'm going home!"

And even if they are going to win, the least they can do is stay on until the end of the match. A little something some people call 'proper sportsmanship'.

I agree full-heartily - 343 needs to do something about this. To make sure these people receive proper penalties for poor behavior, and that they are prohibited from doing it again.
Please don't post multiple time in a row. If you need to add more information or quote other users, you can edit your last post. Thanks
omarlotrc wrote:
Creating a new account and playing at a consistent level is not against the rules. Creating a new account, then throwing matches so you can steamroll later is against the rules and 343 has systems in place to ban those players
I wonder how they can detect that and act on it without making really bad mistakes.
Dr. Menke's E-Wizardry is supposed to be top notch. All other things aside, I think it's a good system they have in place for smurfs at the moment.
tuhin94 wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
Dr. Menke's E-Wizardry is supposed to be top notch. All other things aside, I think it's a good system they have in place for smurfs at the moment.
I'm just wondering if there's anyone out there who got banned undeservingly. But I haven't heard of anything like that, so you're probably right.
omarlotrc wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
I'm just wondering if there's anyone out there who got banned undeservingly. But I haven't heard of anything like that, so you're probably right.
Every person that gets banned will tell you they didn't deserve it...

99,999/100,000 probably deserved it.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2