Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

So, about the distribution of Ice Unicorn Skins

OP RoGuE Ag3nT 1

Hey guys. I managed to match Grim during this week's community stream, and from what i've heard it usually takes 24 to 48 hours for the skin to be sent. Over 48 hours have passed and there is no sign of the pack in my account... What are the chances someone at 343 missed my GT? :( How long it took you to receive your skin? Thanks in advance.
You can always send a tweet to @GrimbrotherOne and he should be able to sort that out for you
Thanks for the suggestion. I just sent him a tweet.

Still nothing on my end, hopefully he can help.
I had a friend whose skin took over two weeks to arrive, although he got his for being featured in the community update. So don't fret!
tuhin94 wrote:
I had a friend whose skin took over two weeks to arrive, although he got his for being featured in the community update. So don't fret!
Thanks, I have yet to receive the skin (and Grim didn't respond to my tweet lol) so I was starting to get worried. Guess I'll just have to wait.
tuhin94 wrote:
Thanks, I have yet to receive the skin (and Grim didn't respond to my tweet lol) so I was starting to get worried. Guess I'll just have to wait.
Yeah I hear ya. Good to have this post up too just as a reminder of sorts.
tuhin94 wrote:
He gets quite a lot of messages so things can slip through. You can prod him again or reach out to @ske7ch :)
I matched Postums and company last Friday in the MCC Insider big team battle scheduled PM playtest and I have yet to receive my Unicorn skin and waypoint Stuff. I’m starting to get worried. Anyone else match the devs in one of the MCC Insider playtests and not get your loot yet?
It may take Grimbrother One upto two weeks to get your weapon skins and waypoint medal to you due to what stckrboy stated as well as the system glitching sometimes. He does weekly batch releases if I understood his tweets properly when it comes to the releases of Fire and Ice Unicorn Weapon Skins . It took him two attempts for him to successfully get my Fire Unicorn Assault Rifle skin to me for having three sets of screenshots featured in the weekly Halo bulletins.

Be patient for the moment and if you don't see a result from him in a week, send Grimbrother One, Unyshek, or Ske7ch a tweet. Sometimes messages are missed and in rare cases like mine the batch distribution glitches out and doesn't work the first time.
Thank you for the info, lizking! I’ll continue to wait patiently. Friday will mark 2 weeks, so I’ll reach out next week if I don’t get the skin/avatar/badge by then.
I know this is a little off topic but I was wondering if anyone has played "halo 343i games" before?
(That's a gamertag)
I was wondering if this person was actually affiliated with 343i and Microsoft
velchron wrote:
I know this is a little off topic but I was wondering if anyone has played ***** before?
(That's a gamertag)
Looks like that person is trying too hard to seem like an employee so probably not.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
velchron wrote:
I know this is a little off topic but I was wondering if anyone has played ***** before?
(That's a gamertag)
Looks like that person is trying too hard to seem like an employee so probably not.
That's what i thought but it is a strange thing to do. I always thought you could be banned for impersonating Microsoft employees.
velchron wrote:
I always thought you could be banned for impersonating Microsoft employees.
I don't know for sure, but I'm leaning on the side that you could be banned. Whether they get caught and banned probably depends on the system flagging their GT or getting reported and then Xbox Live actually enforcing it.
tdsquire wrote:
I matched Postums and company last Friday in the MCC Insider big team battle scheduled PM playtest and I have yet to receive my Unicorn skin and waypoint Stuff. I’m starting to get worried. Anyone else match the devs in one of the MCC Insider playtests and not get your loot yet?
Did you ever get yours resolved? I played earlier with a member of 343 during the mcc insider flight today and was wondering if it still counts?
I got mine the next day
TED5TRONG wrote:
tdsquire wrote:
Did you ever get yours resolved? I played earlier with a member of 343 during the mcc insider flight today and was wondering if it still counts?
I don't think you get the Unicorn skin unless they specifically say that's what your reward will be. The only nameplate that's being given out for this weekend's playtest is the MCC Insider one for just playing it.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
TED5TRONG wrote:
tdsquire wrote:
I don't think you get the Unicorn skin unless they specifically say that's what your reward will be. The only nameplate that's being given out for this weekend's playtest is the MCC Insider one for just playing it.
That was my thinking too but when I saw the 343 nameplate pop up during matchmaking I got excited and thought maybe.. just maybe lol
TED5TRONG wrote:
LUKEPOWA wrote:
TED5TRONG wrote:
tdsquire wrote:
That was my thinking too but when I saw the 343 nameplate pop up during matchmaking I got excited and thought maybe.. just maybe lol
Yeah I played with Postums yesterday. But I'm pretty sure you only get the ice unicorn nameplate if you match them during a community play date.
TED5TRONG wrote:
LUKEPOWA wrote:
TED5TRONG wrote:
tdsquire wrote:
I know I’m late to respond, but yea...I did finally get my skin. I ended up having to send postums a message on Twitter, as it seemed like they’d already sent out the req packs and I didn’t get mine initially. I didn’t have a pic of the PGCR, but did tell him in my message the approximate time I matched him and what map it was on. He looked it up and took care of me, which was awesome! However, the time I matched was a set play time during the MCC insider flight 2, and they had explicitly said they’d be giving anybody that matched them during that time the ice unicorn skin (along with a badge on waypoint). You may be out of luck if they didn’t say anything about giving it away in a forum post or anything.

I’d check the official forum post and possibly postums’ and ske7ch’s recent posts, and see if they mention anything about giving away ice unicorn skins. It took me about 2 weeks after matching before I finally got mine, and it seems like they gave them out to most people within a week. Best of luck though! I hope you get it, too. Definitely my favorite skin.