So freaking sick of this stupid ranking system

OP I Jimmie I

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 14
Why do I deserve to derank because other players can't hold their own and/or some of them quit? Or because the game doesn't give a fair matchup? I have never been able to break out of the platinum ranks for this very reason. My KDA has been steadily improving in the past few weeks (for all of those who say "your KD sucks, you belong there"...I DON'T belong here), and I am playing as well as I need to be. I deserve to be a diamond player, not stuck in platinum. Look at my last few games and you'll see what I'm talking about.

*Disclaimer: I am raging hard, so this may just be me being pissy and irrational. I have gone from plat 4 to plat 1 in 10 games with 3 4v3's.

UPDATE: I finally reached Diamond 1 in Slayer and am almost there in Team Arena as well. Please excuse the previous raging in this post.
I am sorry buddy, but if I can get a Diamond going mostly solo than anyone can. I am an average player. It is some part luck, some part skill, and some part....luck. In other words it's not all your team's fault.
Just activate tryhard mode, no joke, works for me
Dude there are MANY players out there who can get to Onyx solo. Naded got to Champion solo...

You're not suck in Plat because of your teammates, you're a Plat player.

It is MUUUUCH easier to rank up with a full team of four however, but you shouldn't act so entitled to a high rank.

The best way to get a team is by msging people who you have good games with after the game, and inviting them to party/fireteam. Do that every time you have good games and soon you'll have a friends list full of other good players.

You could also try joining an active Company.
ranks almost reset anyway just keep playing and try next season.
Looonski wrote:
Dude there are MANY players out there who can get to Onyx solo. Naded got to Champion solo...

It is MUUUUCH easier to rank up with a full team of four however, but you shouldn't act so entitled to a high rank.

The best way to get a team is by msging people who you have good games with after the game, and inviting them to party/fireteam. Do that every time you have good games and soon you'll have a friends list full of other good players.

Explain to me why I just went 21-16 my last game with and lost because I was in a 4v3 (of course I was on the team with 3). That has happened to me 3 times in the last 7 games. I'm sorry, but this system is utter bs. I'm better than plat players, it isn't entitlement. Also, I'm a member of a company, but they haven't been on much lately.

I'm raging hard right now, so my bad for seeming irrational. This is just annoying.
ranks almost reset anyway just keep playing and try next season.
That's a good point. Hopefully next season they'll put me where I belong.
I Jimmie I wrote:
Why do I deserve to derank because other players can't hold their own and/or some of them quit? Or because the game doesn't give a fair matchup? I have never been able to break out of the platinum ranks for this very reason. My KDA has been steadily improving in the past few weeks (for all of those who say "your KD sucks, you belong there"...I DON'T belong here), and I am playing as well as I need to be. I deserve to be a diamond player, not stuck in platinum. Look at my last few games and you'll see what I'm talking about.

If someone wants to help me get to diamond, that would be much appreciated. I'm guessing that it's not going to happen solo.
Its not hard to get Diamond, I was diamond the first month of launch. Now I qualify Mid to high Onyx solo every season almost. You may just be a plat player. There is no shame in that, that is where i believe most of the community is anyways.
That usually backfires for me XD I've been raging all day so that probably doesn't help.
I should add that I was able to get up to high Plat 4 solo last night, but got stuck with 3 4v3's today. So my luck really isn't there today.
I Jimmie I wrote:
Looonski wrote:

Explain to me why I just went 21-16 my last game with and lost because I was in a 4v3 (of course I was on the team with 3). That has happened to me 3 times in the last 7 games. I'm sorry, but this system is utter bs. I'm better than plat players, it isn't entitlement. Also, I'm a member of a company, but they haven't been on much lately.

I'm raging hard right now, so my bad for seeming irrational. This is just annoying.
Just keep playing, stay focused, and don't rage.

People will quit, they lose the max MMR for that game and may get banned; screw them.

I remember at launch I was in your same boat, people kept quitting, and always when I was like Plat 5-6 or Diamond 5-6 it seemed...I just kept playing and made it to Onyx several times.

Eventually you learn to how carry, how to move to make your team win even if they suck, when to play safe, when to play aggressively. Stuff like that.

My advice is to start throwing out msgs after all your good games. Halo is better in groups, 100%, and learning how to call out and move with teammates is a huge part of being high ranked.

If you think getting to Diamond is hard, you're in for a rough ride.
I Jimmie I wrote:
That usually backfires for me XD I've been raging all day so that probably doesn't help.
Whatever you do, don't rage, just smile and whisper creepy things into the mic, that's always fun.
Looonski wrote:
Just keep playing, stay focused, and don't rage.

People will quit, they lose the max MMR for that game and may get banned; screw them.

I remember at launch I was in your same boat, people kept quitting, and always when I was like Plat 5-6 or Diamond 5-6 it seemed...I just kept playing and made it to Onyx several times.

Eventually you learn to how carry, how to move to make your team win even if they suck, when to play safe, when to play aggressively. Stuff like that.

My advice is to start throwing out msgs after all your good games. Halo is better in groups, 100%, and learning how to call out and move with teammates is a huge part of being high ranked.

If you think getting to Diamond is hard, you're in for a rough ride.
This is great advice, and makes me want to try that push to Onyx again. I could never break through. I always hit a wall, and I never quite learned how to carry. Man, it would feel awesome if I could though.
From plat 4 to plat 1 in a day. That's how much I hate this stupid system.
Dude it's possible. I ranked up in 2 days from platinum 1 and I stay as far aways as possible from ranked matches to avoid competitive gameplay.

Honestly, I know you probably don't want to hear it, but if you cannot rank up from that teir, more than likely you belong in it.

Everyone has to deal with bad teams, allbiet some get constantly lucky, but it cannot be that many people. You got to vety lucky to win 15 games in a row, you can only be carried so long.

if your that lucky, it begs the question, why you not doing lottery tickets.
Trusssson wrote:
Dude it's possible. I ranked up in 2 days from platinum 1 and I stay as far aways as possible from ranked matches to avoid competitive gameplay.
Honestly, I know you probably don't want to hear it, but if you cannot rank up from that teir, more than likely you belong in it.
Everyone has to deal with bad teams, allbiet some get constantly lucky, but it cannot be that many people. You got to vety lucky to win 15 games in a row, you can only be carried so long.
Except in my case, I don't belong here. Look at the game I just played. I literally carried my team with a 21-5-12 (2 diamonds were on my team and BOTH went negative) and we lost because one of the diamonds thought it would be funny to betray me towards the end. I guess I am one of those perpetually unlucky people in this case. I might be done with Slayer for good after that game, unless someone wants to boost me (not condoning cheating, but desperate times call for desperate measures).
I'm one of the rare cases where I just can't get lucky enough to be on teams with competent players.
Ranks reset in a few days. Maybe take a break and give it a good shot next season. If you are high Platinum solo, then you'd be diamond coordinating with a team. That's the easiest way to get there.
I Jimmie I wrote:
Trusssson wrote:

Except in my case, I don't belong here. Look at the game I just played. I literally carried my team with a 21-5-12 (2 diamonds were on my team and BOTH went negative) and we lost because SWEDxLIFE420 (one of the diamonds) thought it would be funny to betray me towards the end. I guess I am one of those perpetually unlucky people in this case. I might be done with Slayer for good after that game, unless someone wants to boost me (not condoning cheating, but desperate times call for desperate measures).

I Jimmie I wrote:
Trusssson wrote:

Except in my case, I don't belong here. Look at the game I just played. I literally carried my team with a 21-5-12 (2 diamonds were on my team and BOTH went negative) and we lost because SWEDxLIFE420 (one of the diamonds) thought it would be funny to betray me towards the end. I guess I am one of those perpetually unlucky people in this case. I might be done with Slayer for good after that game, unless someone wants to boost me (not condoning cheating, but desperate times call for desperate measures).
That last game you did good, but looking at past games you do great half the time and go in negative the other half. I believe the issue is being consistent.

It may not even be that you are doing bad in the other games due to lack of skill, it may be due to loss of motivation due to previous matches affecting games that happen next. I'm no expert or anything, but it seems to be looking at your past games that you just need to keep doing well.

It's great having a match where you dominate, but it may just be down to bad players. Hell sometimes I feel unstoppable and then I play with same teir platers as myself around rank 140-150 and I feel the heat. in some cass even recently I get obliterated by them because I got too comfortable playing lesser skilled players.

Consistency is key!

Just my opinion tho
Why would you want to get boosted? Let me tell you it's an empty accomplishment. I played with a friend of mine who was using an alt account in the beginning of the season for Team Arena. I felt like I didn't really earn that Diamond legitimately. I haven't played Team Arena since.

Also, don't post player's gt, it's against forum rules, fyi.
DaxSeven09 wrote:
Why would you want to get boosted? Let me tell you it's an empty accomplishment. I played with a friend of mine who was using an alt account in the beginning of the season for Team Arena. I felt like I didn't really earn that Diamond legitimately. I haven't played Team Arena since.

Also, don't post player's gt, it's against forum rules, fyi.
Thanks for the warning, I was unaware of that.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 14