2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 14
honestly if you are that determened to rank into diamond and are having problems, you shouldn´t be playing primarlily solo anyway.
yes randoms often suck... that´s common knowledge

now before you spit back at me hear me out:
if you say that you don´t have anyone on your friendslist that (still) plays H5 then make (new) friends as statet in one of the first posts on this topic
if you say that your friends are all ranked lower then that´s probably due to your IMPROVEMENT over the last few weeks as you stated in your OP. This could be a reason for your ´´slow´´ rank up. there seems to be a hidden system that won´t allow you to fly through the ranks to quickly (so silvers don´t get to high into gold or even platinum due to a winning spree)
After posting this i will go through your service record to see how high you were ranked in previous seasons, how long you´ve been playing etc. so I apologize in advance for any arguments that are objectively invalid. :-)

personally, i like how the ranking system rewards team play and comunication. It´s not perfect but it´s good (in MY opinion)
so maybe plug in the ol´ mic and talk some sence into those noobs
CPU100Xx wrote:
CPU100Xx wrote:
CPU100Xx wrote:
It's so stupid how people can manipulate it. I'll get into a plain doubles game, ready to have fun, and as soon as my teammate gets killed once he'll start suiciding himself then leave the game. WTF man? It's stupid that people will go and make themselves look worse just to play against noobs, and even worse that they'll troll other people along the way. If possible I'll post the last two times this happened to me.
What is even more stupid, is that you play doubles solo and expect to get a good teammate every time. Accept responsibility for your mistake and get a fireteam.
Oh I generally win when I'm alone but but I have to be more careful and it slows the game down. I never expect to get a good teammate but I'd rather get a crappy teammate than one, like my friends, who would completely ruin the other team. Don't play with friends if you want a challenge.
Sorry but how can that be true? If you and your friend would ruin the other team, then you'll both rank up. Then you'll be playing more skilled players until you reach the liits of your skill.

That's what is so good about Halo's ranking system, and for me personally it's what has always kept me coming back.
No, not like that. I won't be winning, my friend will be. I'll be dying as much as I'd be killing but my friend would be destroying them. I don't want to rank up and then be placed with people skilled way above me, I want to be placed where I should be but that's hard to do when people -Yoink- up my score. Instead of team based performance rating it should be individual player rating, for all game modes.
No it shouldn't. It's a team game, if you want individual performance rated then play FFA.

And lets just examine your nonsense - random people aren't good enough to play with you, as they "always" mess up your score? But your friend is too good to play with you as you'll end up ranking too high? Poor Goldilocks, if only your porridge was just right.

And what you're saying makes no sense at all - you worry about not being able to rank up but also worry about ranking up too high? Why not just try to have fun with the game and forget about rank?
I don't care if I rank up, I just don't want to rank down. I have my porridge just right when my teammates at least try. I don't play FFA because I want all the kills (even though I know I won't get them all). I'd rather have a realistic rank, based on my skill, however, not based on my friends or affected by a teammate who sabotages me and then leaves. I'm the type of player that, when getting destroyed in a game, will stay and take it. It help properly rank me and maybe teach me something new. I would love to just play casually but it's not fun if I just play against noobs or pros when I'm not near that level. I want a challenge, not a shutout from either team, mine or the opponent.
I don't much care if I ever reach Onyx or champ. All I strive to reach and one day stay at is diamond. I made it up to diamond 1 once near the beginning of the seasons. But for some reason after that I was stuck in gold for a while. Now I reached my way up to platinum. I can't day I agree with you on the playlists ranking system, but I will agree that they need to fix the match ups.
know what screw the respect
you have been playing this game for 6 months now, have never even cracked plat 5 and you´re -Yoinking!- about not being a diamond
even if you´ve been ´´improving´´- you shouldn´t be
even if you think you´re outplaying everyone in platinum four
you´ve never been diamond so you´re in no position to make acusations against the crs
if all of that is untrue then you shouldn´t have any problems ranking into diamond from now on.
CPU100Xx wrote:
CPU100Xx wrote:
CPU100Xx wrote:
CPU100Xx wrote:
It's so stupid how people can manipulate it. I'll get into a plain doubles game, ready to have fun, and as soon as my teammate gets killed once he'll start suiciding himself then leave the game. WTF man? It's stupid that people will go and make themselves look worse just to play against noobs, and even worse that they'll troll other people along the way. If possible I'll post the last two times this happened to me.
What is even more stupid, is that you play doubles solo and expect to get a good teammate every time. Accept responsibility for your mistake and get a fireteam.
Oh I generally win when I'm alone but but I have to be more careful and it slows the game down. I never expect to get a good teammate but I'd rather get a crappy teammate than one, like my friends, who would completely ruin the other team. Don't play with friends if you want a challenge.
Sorry but how can that be true? If you and your friend would ruin the other team, then you'll both rank up. Then you'll be playing more skilled players until you reach the liits of your skill.

That's what is so good about Halo's ranking system, and for me personally it's what has always kept me coming back.
No, not like that. I won't be winning, my friend will be. I'll be dying as much as I'd be killing but my friend would be destroying them. I don't want to rank up and then be placed with people skilled way above me, I want to be placed where I should be but that's hard to do when people -Yoink- up my score. Instead of team based performance rating it should be individual player rating, for all game modes.
No it shouldn't. It's a team game, if you want individual performance rated then play FFA.

And lets just examine your nonsense - random people aren't good enough to play with you, as they "always" mess up your score? But your friend is too good to play with you as you'll end up ranking too high? Poor Goldilocks, if only your porridge was just right.

And what you're saying makes no sense at all - you worry about not being able to rank up but also worry about ranking up too high? Why not just try to have fun with the game and forget about rank?
I don't care if I rank up, I just don't want to rank down. I have my porridge just right when my teammates at least try. I don't play FFA because I want all the kills (even though I know I won't get them all). I'd rather have a realistic rank, based on my skill, however, not based on my friends or affected by a teammate who sabotages me and then leaves. I'm the type of player that, when getting destroyed in a game, will stay and take it. It help properly rank me and maybe teach me something new. I would love to just play casually but it's not fun if I just play against noobs or pros when I'm not near that level. I want a challenge, not a shutout from either team, mine or the opponent.
Well you're not going to get that each and every game, it just doesn't happen. Some games are great, you have a to and fro and it finishes 50-49. But other games you either stomp them or get stomped. It's always been like that, and always will be. There is no perfect skill ranking system that can take all variables into account, and give you an amazing matchup every time.
I think that the ranking system in Halo 5 is pretty annoying when you get top on your team but lose because your teammates can't carry there own weight. Of course I just recently came back to Halo after a few months and have avoided the ranked matches because I'm still very rusty but before I took my break I would say that I was pretty good at slayer and could carry my own weight and got on the top of the leaderboard on a regular basis. This being said I think that your own performance shouldn't mirror your rank I think that if you do well in a match but lose you should not lose your rank but stay at the same rank you are. I do think that the ranking system is flawed
CPU100Xx wrote:
CPU100Xx wrote:
CPU100Xx wrote:
CPU100Xx wrote:

Well you're not going to get that each and every game, it just doesn't happen. Some games are great, you have a to and fro and it finishes 50-49. But other games you either stomp them or get stomped. It's always been like that, and always will be. There is no perfect skill ranking system that can take all variables into account, and give you an amazing matchup every time.
I know that there isn't a perfect ranking system and I know I won't get the perfect games, but still. I generally get games that end 25-20 (doubles) and that's what I like, but I hate when I get a 25-3 game. Something is way off then and I want that to change. That's something that I find is a big problem.
I don't much care if I ever reach Onyx or champ. All I strive to reach and one day stay at is diamond. I made it up to diamond 1 once near the beginning of the seasons. But for some reason after that I was stuck in gold for a while. Now I reached my way up to platinum. I can't day I agree with you on the playlists ranking system, but I will agree that they need to fix the match ups.
i think they increased the respective skill ranks for the ranks a few months after launch
a lot of people experienced rank drop after the update
CPU100Xx wrote:
CPU100Xx wrote:
CPU100Xx wrote:
CPU100Xx wrote:
CPU100Xx wrote:

I know that there isn't a perfect ranking system and I know I won't get the perfect games, but still. I generally get games that end 25-20 (doubles) and that's what I like, but I hate when I get a 25-3 game. Something is way off then and I want that to change. That's something that I find is a big problem.
It happens to me a lot too in doubles. I think that's the worst playlist for mismatches, but my guess is it's because it's quite new. You may go against someone who is plat in doubles, but onyx 2200 in arena. I'm sure that in time it'll balance out a bit.
Judging by you last 3 games, your playing a lot of lower ranked players. Golds silvers and some plats.
im not fond of the ranking system but i don't bother pushing rank. Until your playing diamonds and dominating them, your gonna stay plat. A platinum 6 bested you in your last game.

Take the advice on the first page and find a steady group of guys. The higher tiers involve a lot more team work and team shot. Platinum and below is a lot of run and gun style in my opinion.

You came here for advice I think, so remember when it stops being fun, just walk away man. Come back after you calm down. Slam an energy drink of your choice and get sweaty.
Sh*t Jimmie if you see me on just send an invite and I'll play. Hell even if I'm not on just message me on xbox and I'll get it on my phone.
What I dont understand is when Im Platinum and I face 2 onyx while I have a gold in my team, maybe it's the population but it's dumb
I don't mean to be mean or anything man but your kd is less than a 1.0 in slayer this season and you have played 135 games with a 50% win percentage. It looks to me you are in the correct division and you should be a platinum. If your kd this season was like a 1.5-2.0 against your division and you are doing well against diamonds then id say you deserved to rank up to diamond. But according to your stats you are playing at the right level. My suggestion if you really want to rank up is play with a full team of you and your friends communicating and calling out. You gotta remember once you get into diamond and onyx it starts to get really sweaty with full teams and searching solo is never a good idea. Run with a full team, its so much fun to play as a team and win and rank up together.
The biggest problem with the ranking system is the lack of party restrictions. solo's against To4s are going to have a bad time. You should never play against teams that have a player difference more than 1. basically a To4 should only play a To4 or To3 + 1 solo to fill in the gap.
What we have now is a lot of solo players on teams with other solo players playing against teams of 3 or 4 and getting smashed.
CPU100Xx wrote:
CPU100Xx wrote:
CPU100Xx wrote:
CPU100Xx wrote:
CPU100Xx wrote:

It happens to me a lot too in doubles. I think that's the worst playlist for mismatches, but my guess is it's because it's quite new. You may go against someone who is plat in doubles, but onyx 2200 in arena. I'm sure that in time it'll balance out a bit.
I play it instead of FFA because I hate when, out of the 5 people in the room, I'm the only one that ends up getting killed. It doesn't happen much but hey, easy way to just eliminate the chance. Doubles is so broken because, instead of relying on four people to do everything, you only have two. It's harder for one person to carry a four man team than it is for one person to carry a two man team, especially when that one person has to deal with four other (hopefully equally skilled) people instead of just two people. That's why it's so broken, people leech off of the good players. I don't see it getting fixed unless they based the ranking off individual skill, but then it would be the same as FFA and doubles would be pointless.
I only hate answer too much toppings in the forums to grow up my rack
Here's the thing, OP. Everyone has games where they carry and their team does poorly. Even the people who held you back have had the same experience as you.

I'm not going to dig through your game history to show examples of games where you played poorly. But I did observe you multiple times saying that you are "one of the exceptions."

Another game where claims like this are made all the time is league of Legends. Talk to any bronze player and they will swear up and down that it's their team and not them.

I was one of them. I placed bronze 1 and fell alllllll the way down to bronze 5. The lowest of the low. Then I changed my perspective to allow me to objectively judge my own game play. What did I do right? What did I do wrong? What are other players doing right or wrong? I climbed up to gold 5 and, having met my goal, stopped playing.

Even if your numbers are good it doesn't always mean you were a benefit to your team. Look at who has the most assists... those players are the unsung heroes.

I have no doubt you'll get to the goal you want so long as you take the time to learn.

Blaming your team in every situation is an intellectual cop out and doesn't allow you to grow as a team member or a player. Even if you went 25-0 just ask yourself how you could have assisted the players on your team who weren't have a great game.

Of course it helps to get a team and communicate but my tips still applies to a coordinated team.

Best of luck.
I hate when I have a random teammate that will go let's say 18-8 and with 1,400 damage, and 2 assists, and i'm over here at 10-14 with 14 assists and 2,400 damage. And they get mad at me.....
Maybe OP should get placed into Onyx so he can match premade lobbies of Onyx and champs. Or smurf players and get destroyed lel.
The ranking system was stupid from the start I mean,what the hell is "Diamond"rank.If you ask me it honestly sounds like a name you would give a p**nstar
Ability and conduct count as well, how often you've quited a match or betrayed a temate? Maybe that also have affected your rank
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 14