Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

So.. How's everyone's 152 grind going?

OP Dawnforger

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 20
  4. 21
  5. 22
  6. ...
  7. 23
I don't recommend actively trying to get specific commendations. The amount of XP you get from playing Mythic FF outweighs the reward from commendations.
DrEZdoesIT wrote:
I don't recommend actively trying to get specific commendations. The amount of XP you get from playing Mythic FF outweighs the reward from commendations.
Pretty much anything overweighs the xp reward from commendations like the xp payouts from the worst possible playlist. This is mainly due to the fact that the rewards from the commendations are one time rewards which means that the size of the rewards can only grow to a certain point. In addition to that, the rewards the xp rewards from the commendations are extremely small.
Slow going since I'm working on my last 3 personal commendations, 2 of which are Breakout exclusives (Unstoppable and Against All Odds, along with And Stay Off). So the small amount of XP gained from Ranked Games is killing me. But once that's finished I have hundreds of XP packs for WZ so that will make it go much quicker
Yo, I am actively looking to mop up my final 6 immortals for unstoppable, if you want to group up hmu as it should only take another session or two.

I just completed a 16 minute Extermination match and finished with 1.4k xp...so yea the xp system is absolutely broken and someone somewhere should feel ashamed for what they did to arena lovers in this game. Oh well, only a few more months until infinite and I am highly confident I will be able to get the final comms.

Any tricks on getting Mongoose Destroyer btw? its likely gonna be my final one.
No good tricks for mongoose destroying. Though someone on that post mentioned spawning them yourself, damaging them some, then get hijacked. Then turn around and destroy it quickly. Never done that but could help.

Feel free to join me if you see me on. I'm almost always on Breakout cause I need 5 more immortal medals and 23 more bifecta/trifecta/superfecta medals. Either way, best of luck
Slow going since I'm working on my last 3 personal commendations, 2 of which are Breakout exclusives (Unstoppable and Against All Odds, along with And Stay Off). So the small amount of XP gained from Ranked Games is killing me. But once that's finished I have hundreds of XP packs for WZ so that will make it go much quicker
Yo, I am actively looking to mop up my final 6 immortals for unstoppable, if you want to group up hmu as it should only take another session or two.

I just completed a 16 minute Extermination match and finished with 1.4k xp...so yea the xp system is absolutely broken and someone somewhere should feel ashamed for what they did to arena lovers in this game. Oh well, only a few more months until infinite and I am highly confident I will be able to get the final comms.

Any tricks on getting Mongoose Destroyer btw? its likely gonna be my final one.
No good tricks for mongoose destroying. Though someone on that post mentioned spawning them yourself, damaging them some, then get hijacked. Then turn around and destroy it quickly. Never done that but could help.

Feel free to join me if you see me on. I'm almost always on Breakout cause I need 5 more immortal medals and 23 more bifecta/trifecta/superfecta medals. Either way, best of luck
Oh I'll add you real quick. I only need 4 more immortals and have been teamkilled today on the final round 7 times already in the past 48 hours, and agin the low xp payout and long search times have meant I have lost excess of 2 million xp at this point so I am very desperate to finish this off and never touch arena again outside the featurefd social playlists. It doesn't matter how many griefers I report there are swarms more lol.

Hopefully we can help each other out and have fun in the process
Where is the OP now? 145 in February and its April, did you progress?
Where is the OP now? 145 in February and its April, did you progress?
Asking the real questions. Checking their profile they are on the cusp of 148 into 149.
Where is the OP now? 145 in February and its April, did you progress?
Asking the real questions. Checking their profile they are on the cusp of 148 into 149.
The grind is real. Going to have to really double down on the Mythic Firefights. It's a shame living in Australia time the servers/game just doesn't carry the same population as it used to.
Where is the OP now? 145 in February and its April, did you progress?
Asking the real questions. Checking their profile they are on the cusp of 148 into 149.
The grind is real. Going to have to really double down on the Mythic Firefights. It's a shame living in Australia time the servers/game just doesn't carry the same population as it used to.
I play overnights in the US so I know the struggle well. Been trying to wrap up my final two immortals for Breakout and searches are taking forever, coupled with the low xp payout its absolute murder for the grind.
Where is the OP now? 145 in February and its April, did you progress?
In general, the best way to see if the player has progressed is to compare the progress report with the service record. In this instance, he had approximately 8.5 million xp when he posted the report and he has at this time around a bit less than 20 million xp.

This means that he has collected in average around 220k xp/day which is pretty impressive. If he continues in this rate, he will reach SR152 in a bit less than 5 months.
I think I'm going to continually revisit this thread as a therapy outlet for when I really need it like today, lol. I think I'm hitting my 3rd major wall in terms of wanting to just take a long break from playing since I've started the grind (March 2020). The first wall was definitely in the first 5 mil mark when I didn't fully realize the grind ahead of me. 2nd wall was for sure right before hitting halfway point. Now that im at 150, there aren't any visible incentives to keep going (i.e. milestone REQ packs) until I hit 151 really. I've also ran out out the Arena Legendary Boosts, so now I'm back to Mythic WZFF until those legendary boosts run out too, in order to keep up the pace with my current everyday grind. On top of all that, in general, I've just exhausted my intrigue with the rotating playlists on Arena. Don't get me wrong, I think Arena is a blast.... but at this point, everything is just feeling stale for me. Anyone else feeling the same or is it just me?
SDdawg wrote:
I think I'm going to continually revisit this thread as a therapy outlet for when I really need it like today, lol. I think I'm hitting my 3rd major wall in terms of wanting to just take a long break from playing since I've started the grind (March 2020). The first wall was definitely in the first 5 mil mark when I didn't fully realize the grind ahead of me. 2nd wall was for sure right before hitting halfway point. Now that im at 150, there aren't any visible incentives to keep going (i.e. milestone REQ packs) until I hit 151 really. I've also ran out out the Arena Legendary Boosts, so now I'm back to Mythic WZFF until those legendary boosts run out too, in order to keep up the pace with my current everyday grind. On top of all that, in general, I've just exhausted my intrigue with the rotating playlists on Arena. Don't get me wrong, I think Arena is a blast.... but at this point, everything is just feeling stale for me. Anyone else feeling the same or is it just me?
That definitely is something I have had bits of. I am on the last 500,000 of my 151 grind, and may need to take a short break after that. I am almost 4 million XP and a month ahead of where I thought I would be, so it is a good time to rest up for the last 15 million.

I find that listening to audiobooks has been a good distraction while playing if you are ok with going on autopilot a little.
Mongerty wrote:
SDdawg wrote:
I think I'm going to continually revisit this thread as a therapy outlet for when I really need it like today, lol. I think I'm hitting my 3rd major wall in terms of wanting to just take a long break from playing since I've started the grind (March 2020). The first wall was definitely in the first 5 mil mark when I didn't fully realize the grind ahead of me. 2nd wall was for sure right before hitting halfway point. Now that im at 150, there aren't any visible incentives to keep going (i.e. milestone REQ packs) until I hit 151 really. I've also ran out out the Arena Legendary Boosts, so now I'm back to Mythic WZFF until those legendary boosts run out too, in order to keep up the pace with my current everyday grind. On top of all that, in general, I've just exhausted my intrigue with the rotating playlists on Arena. Don't get me wrong, I think Arena is a blast.... but at this point, everything is just feeling stale for me. Anyone else feeling the same or is it just me?
That definitely is something I have had bits of. I am on the last 500,000 of my 151 grind, and may need to take a short break after that. I am almost 4 million XP and a month ahead of where I thought I would be, so it is a good time to rest up for the last 15 million.

I find that listening to audiobooks has been a good distraction while playing if you are ok with going on autopilot a little.
Audiobooks are a great distraction! I personally listen to a podcast while playing, also super helpful.

I jumped from 147 to 149 but I've slowed down, I wanted to close out my final commendations and I've only got five left. After that, I'll resume this monumental grind!
mordorsam wrote:
Mongerty wrote:
SDdawg wrote:
I think I'm going to continually revisit this thread as a therapy outlet for when I really need it like today, lol. I think I'm hitting my 3rd major wall in terms of wanting to just take a long break from playing since I've started the grind (March 2020). The first wall was definitely in the first 5 mil mark when I didn't fully realize the grind ahead of me. 2nd wall was for sure right before hitting halfway point. Now that im at 150, there aren't any visible incentives to keep going (i.e. milestone REQ packs) until I hit 151 really. I've also ran out out the Arena Legendary Boosts, so now I'm back to Mythic WZFF until those legendary boosts run out too, in order to keep up the pace with my current everyday grind. On top of all that, in general, I've just exhausted my intrigue with the rotating playlists on Arena. Don't get me wrong, I think Arena is a blast.... but at this point, everything is just feeling stale for me. Anyone else feeling the same or is it just me?
That definitely is something I have had bits of. I am on the last 500,000 of my 151 grind, and may need to take a short break after that. I am almost 4 million XP and a month ahead of where I thought I would be, so it is a good time to rest up for the last 15 million.

I find that listening to audiobooks has been a good distraction while playing if you are ok with going on autopilot a little.
Audiobooks are a great distraction! I personally listen to a podcast while playing, also super helpful.

I jumped from 147 to 149 but I've slowed down, I wanted to close out my final commendations and I've only got five left. After that, I'll resume this monumental grind!
Yeah that's the thing, I only play WZFF if I'm listening to podcasts, video game news, etc.... and even then I'm still getting burned out. There's no way my brain would be able to stand it otherwise lol. But yea, I've never fully immersed myself into the halo books and maybe I should switch it up to audio books. Good suggestion.
SDdawg wrote:
mordorsam wrote:
Mongerty wrote:
SDdawg wrote:
I think I'm going to continually revisit this thread as a therapy outlet for when I really need it like today, lol. I think I'm hitting my 3rd major wall in terms of wanting to just take a long break from playing since I've started the grind (March 2020). The first wall was definitely in the first 5 mil mark when I didn't fully realize the grind ahead of me. 2nd wall was for sure right before hitting halfway point. Now that im at 150, there aren't any visible incentives to keep going (i.e. milestone REQ packs) until I hit 151 really. I've also ran out out the Arena Legendary Boosts, so now I'm back to Mythic WZFF until those legendary boosts run out too, in order to keep up the pace with my current everyday grind. On top of all that, in general, I've just exhausted my intrigue with the rotating playlists on Arena. Don't get me wrong, I think Arena is a blast.... but at this point, everything is just feeling stale for me. Anyone else feeling the same or is it just me?
That definitely is something I have had bits of. I am on the last 500,000 of my 151 grind, and may need to take a short break after that. I am almost 4 million XP and a month ahead of where I thought I would be, so it is a good time to rest up for the last 15 million.

I find that listening to audiobooks has been a good distraction while playing if you are ok with going on autopilot a little.
Audiobooks are a great distraction! I personally listen to a podcast while playing, also super helpful.

I jumped from 147 to 149 but I've slowed down, I wanted to close out my final commendations and I've only got five left. After that, I'll resume this monumental grind!
Yeah that's the thing, I only play WZFF if I'm listening to podcasts, video game news, etc.... and even then I'm still getting burned out. There's no way my brain would be able to stand it otherwise lol. But yea, I've never fully immersed myself into the halo books and maybe I should switch it up to audio books. Good suggestion.
Oh yes BTW what good video game podcasts or youtubers you guys following to at the moment? Top people I follow on Youtube right now are AngryJoe, YongYea, IGN's podcast Unlocked, Mega64...
SDdawg wrote:
SDdawg wrote:
mordorsam wrote:
Mongerty wrote:
SDdawg wrote:
I think I'm going to continually revisit this thread as a therapy outlet for when I really need it like today, lol. I think I'm hitting my 3rd major wall in terms of wanting to just take a long break from playing since I've started the grind (March 2020). The first wall was definitely in the first 5 mil mark when I didn't fully realize the grind ahead of me. 2nd wall was for sure right before hitting halfway point. Now that im at 150, there aren't any visible incentives to keep going (i.e. milestone REQ packs) until I hit 151 really. I've also ran out out the Arena Legendary Boosts, so now I'm back to Mythic WZFF until those legendary boosts run out too, in order to keep up the pace with my current everyday grind. On top of all that, in general, I've just exhausted my intrigue with the rotating playlists on Arena. Don't get me wrong, I think Arena is a blast.... but at this point, everything is just feeling stale for me. Anyone else feeling the same or is it just me?
That definitely is something I have had bits of. I am on the last 500,000 of my 151 grind, and may need to take a short break after that. I am almost 4 million XP and a month ahead of where I thought I would be, so it is a good time to rest up for the last 15 million.

I find that listening to audiobooks has been a good distraction while playing if you are ok with going on autopilot a little.
Audiobooks are a great distraction! I personally listen to a podcast while playing, also super helpful.

I jumped from 147 to 149 but I've slowed down, I wanted to close out my final commendations and I've only got five left. After that, I'll resume this monumental grind!
Yeah that's the thing, I only play WZFF if I'm listening to podcasts, video game news, etc.... and even then I'm still getting burned out. There's no way my brain would be able to stand it otherwise lol. But yea, I've never fully immersed myself into the halo books and maybe I should switch it up to audio books. Good suggestion.
Oh yes BTW what good video game podcasts or youtubers you guys following to at the moment? Top people I follow on Youtube right now are AngryJoe, YongYea, IGN's podcast Unlocked, Mega64...
I actually don't listen to many video game podcasts, but usually educational ones. It's lovely to learn subconsciously on the grind, truly.
My grind is currently paused as i am in the process of moving :(, but will restart soon. Just got to 145 before xbox got packed, will be to 146 by august for sure
I think i'm gonna need a few months to earn more exp and reach 152 level, i'm trying to reach 3 leves per day and it's a little bit frustating when i should work or when i'm too busy to play :'( I'm level 71 now
Like paddling up river with a rope tied to the boat, and cinder block dragging underneath.
QUAD4Ds wrote:
Like paddling up river with a rope tied to the boat, and cinder block dragging underneath.
maybe even harder
Chakin9317 wrote:
I think i'm gonna need a few months to earn more exp and reach 152 level, i'm trying to reach 3 leves per day and it's a little bit frustating when i should work or when i'm too busy to play :'( I'm level 71 now
Once you get to the 140’s you’ll be slowing down a lot. It will start to take million’s of XP per level which will take days to weeks to months depending on your rank.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 20
  4. 21
  5. 22
  6. ...
  7. 23