2. ...
  3. 33
  4. 34
  5. 35
  6. 36
  7. ...
  8. 37
Mongerty wrote:
  • It was one of the most painful experiences of my life. Every moment was tiring and draining and honestly took off a few years of my life.
  • I spent hours on end playing, even staying up for two days straight to grind out 2.5 Million XP.
  • I can't relax when I play that game anymore because of the competitive nature the game has. I wish I could enjoy the game but it's gotten so bad for me and I really just hate the game now.
  • I'm so glad I don't have to play it anymore.
Congratulations first of all, it's a crazy achievement!

However, I can't help but be a little put off by the lines I quoted from you (forgive the formatting, was the easiest way to highlight the lines in question). You never HAD to play it, and I honestly think it is nuts that you were so miserable but still grinding for what amounts to a skin in a game. If anyone feels that way about Halo 5, they shouldn't be playing it. Instead, take the time saved, put $50 aside and buy the coolest skins you can in Infinite when it releases instead.

I'll admit that there are times where I wasn't having fun playing WZFF, but I would either switch gametypes or play something else. Breaks are healthy, people. Staying up for two days straight doing something that makes you miserable is not.

I apologize if this is coming across as harsh, but I really don't mean this as a direct critique of you. I am using your example as a PSA that nobody NEEDS to get to 152. I see a lot of people absolutely burning themselves out, and it really is depressing.
No sweat man! I get where you're coming from and you're completely right! Thank you for responding to my message and and for looking out for the community!

What I did wasn't healthy and I don't recommend anyone else try to do what I did for 152 unless they really want to. There were a few reasons I did the two days straight thing and they were personal for my case and shouldn't happen to anyone else. However when it comes to playing specific game modes, you sort of HAVE to play Mythic Warzone Firefight and not really anything else because it gives the most XP per hour. And since we don't have much time before Halo infinite, it's sort of what's necessary in order to get to SR 152. I'm not saying everyone needs to get to 152 and I'm not telling people to play anything they don't want to, I'm just listing the fact that MWF is what people should be playing for the most efficient amount of XP each hour. DON'T play anything you don't want to but playing arena while trying to get to 152 isn't efficient and could be wasting your time depending on how you look at it. I personally never played anything but MWF because of the XP and everything else wasn't fun to play.

Grinding for 152 was MY choice and it was worth it in my opinion. The meaning and principle of it was important to me and I'm glad there's going to be special rewards in Halo Infinite. I did take breaks from playing every so often (the two days straight thing only happened once) but even then, I found it extremely hard to get going again because I really didn't enjoy the game. But I kept playing because it's what I wanted. I was determined. If you enjoy Halo 5 I respect that and there's nothing wrong with that. I just personally don't and I have a hard time playing and relaxing the game. I'd also like to apologize if what I said offended anyone, what I said was just my opinion and SHOULDN'T be taken as the correct opinion. I love Halo 5 for it gave me when the game first came out but now it just brings me pain.

Again no one should grind to 152 if they don't want to, please don't destroy yourself to get to this incredibly difficult rank. If you choose to grind for 152, I wish you luck and remember to take good care of yourself while playing. I'm proud to have gotten this rank and I'm excited to show my hard work in Halo Infinite. I hope everyone has a great day and Happy Haloing! :P
Mongerty wrote:
  • It was one of the most painful experiences of my life. Every moment was tiring and draining and honestly took off a few years of my life.
  • I spent hours on end playing, even staying up for two days straight to grind out 2.5 Million XP.
  • I can't relax when I play that game anymore because of the competitive nature the game has. I wish I could enjoy the game but it's gotten so bad for me and I really just hate the game now.

However, I can't help but be a little put off by the lines I quoted from you (forgive the formatting, was the easiest way to highlight the lines in question). You never HAD to play it, and I honestly think it is nuts that you were so miserable but still grinding for what amounts to a skin in a game. If anyone feels that way about Halo 5, they shouldn't be playing it. Instead, take the time saved, put $50 aside and buy the coolest skins you can in Infinite when it releases instead.

I'll admit that there are times where I wasn't having fun playing WZFF, but I would either switch gametypes or play something else. Breaks are healthy, people. Staying up for two days straight doing something that makes you miserable is not.

I apologize if this is coming across as harsh, but I really don't mean this as a direct critique of you. I am using your example as a PSA that nobody NEEDS to get to 152. I see a lot of people absolutely burning themselves out, and it really is depressing.
No sweat man! I get where you're coming from and you're completely right! Thank you for responding to my message and and for looking out for the community!

What I did wasn't healthy and I don't recommend anyone else try to do what I did for 152 unless they really want to. There were a few reasons I did the two days straight thing and they were personal for my case and shouldn't happen to anyone else. However when it comes to playing specific game modes, you sort of HAVE to play Mythic Warzone Firefight and not really anything else because it gives the most XP per hour. And since we don't have much time before Halo infinite, it's sort of what's necessary in order to get to SR 152. I'm not saying everyone needs to get to 152 and I'm not telling people to play anything they don't want to, I'm just listing the fact that MWF is what people should be playing for the most efficient amount of XP each hour. DON'T play anything you don't want to but playing arena while trying to get to 152 isn't efficient and could be wasting your time depending on how you look at it. I personally never played anything but MWF because of the XP and everything else wasn't fun to play.

Grinding for 152 was MY choice and it was worth it in my opinion. The meaning and principle of it was important to me and I'm glad there's going to be special rewards in Halo Infinite. I did take breaks from playing every so often (the two days straight thing only happened once) but even then, I found it extremely hard to get going again because I really didn't enjoy the game. But I kept playing because it's what I wanted. I was determined. If you enjoy Halo 5 I respect that and there's nothing wrong with that. I just personally don't and I have a hard time playing and relaxing the game. I'd also like to apologize if what I said offended anyone, what I said was just my opinion and SHOULDN'T be taken as the correct opinion. I love Halo 5 for it gave me when the game first came out but now it just brings me pain.

Again no one should grind to 152 if they don't want to, please don't destroy yourself to get to this incredibly difficult rank. If you choose to grind for 152, I wish you luck and remember to take good care of yourself while playing. I'm proud to have gotten this rank and I'm excited to show my hard work in Halo Infinite. I hope everyone has a great day and Happy Haloing! :P
Anyone can get to 152, I will say however it was a very hard grind for sure. But I really believe anyone can get there that's willing. Keep it up everyone.
I can barely play warzone or arena without getting burnt out so ive just been sticking to customs
I can barely play warzone or arena without getting burnt out so ive just been sticking to customs
Good choice my friend. Customs are extremely fun!
I'm at a wonderful SR16 after playing MCC on PC the past few years rather then Halo 5.
I appreciate a good grind but stopped once I became aware that 151 was the half way point to 152. Didn't help that for a long time no one was ever on H5 and most of the community either went away or hopped back over to MCC. If it was possible to get 3x Xp weekends or something then maybe. Unfortunately my window to play is usually a dead zone to get enough people in for a match and the xp takes too long from there and with Warzone it just gets old fast...
Pro Tip Here: Feeling burned out? Try turning down game volume and listen to a podcast or some Lo-Fi beats while playing MWZFF. It helps ease the grind.
Super great. Almost at Achilles!!! Far from 152 though…
I made 150 a week ago. Its slow but if you use Mythic Warzone Firefight you have less time wasted in the arena. Its still refreshing tho.
After two years of playing arena on and off I went from 145 to 146. It’s safe to say this is where I will be when infinite launches.
Try making a match of Mythic Warzone Firefight with friends and a party. Its a coördinated chaos.
But you get around 20.000 xp each game. Its hard but possible.
Mongerty wrote:

Thats both wholesome and crazy. Love it.
Take care. Respect!
After two years of playing arena on and off I went from 145 to 146. It’s safe to say this is where I will be when infinite launches.
Try making a match of Mythic Warzone Firefight with friends and a party. Its a coördinated chaos.
I’ve tried when it came out but personally not a huge fan of the Firefight in Halo or warzone in general. The only thing that was getting me those ranks was Warzone Assault but that’s not always around anymore.

I enjoyed Warzone in the beginning but now its just Req Chaos and not fun for me. I’ve just accepted the ways 343 gave us to get a decent amount of XP to rank up are not the playlist I personally enjoy and that’s fine.
If i do 1,000,000xp a week I'll reach 152 in August!
Going so well that i finished it a year ago.
I’ve tried when it came out but personally not a huge fan of the Firefight in Halo or warzone in general. The only thing that was getting me those ranks was Warzone Assault but that’s not always around anymore.

I enjoyed Warzone in the beginning but now its just Req Chaos and not fun for me. I’ve just accepted the ways 343 gave us to get a decent amount of XP to rank up are not the playlist I personally enjoy and that’s fine.
Thats true yes. Everyone has a unique taste for gameplay. Before i only played Star Fox 64. But when my console broke i got the original xbox with halo ce. Im from 2002 but luckely not too late to enter the best francize of the Dacade.
If i do 1,000,000xp a week I'll reach 152 in August!
Thats ambitious but not impossible, I wish you best of luck!
4.8 million to go! So excited after the E3 show!
yeah, that multiplayer reveal definitely makes that reward worth it even more!
Just over halfway to 152... got about 23,750,000 xp to go i think? It is hard but i want that armor coating lol.
I wish they would give us a global double xp weekend or something, the xp gain just feels sooooo slow even on WZFF
with the Infinite beta fast approaching, I imagine a lot of people won't have time to do it
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 33
  4. 34
  5. 35
  6. 36
  7. ...
  8. 37