Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

So I got to Level 150 on the weekend...

OP L4WLTR0N

.. it was a tough slog grinding through WZFF and social games month-after-month-after-month to get to this level and it was not overly"fun" but I wanted that sense of accomplishment. And to get to 151 is only 11,000,000 more XP points (LOL!) which is not going to happen to me. For those who have made it to 151 or 152, my genuine congratulations (or sympathy??). I enjoy Halo 5 but not to the point of grinding away any further and will now just play more infrequent and stick to custom and social games... anybody else feel burnt out after hitting 150/151/152?
I started playing in January 2018 and am at 146 now. Even at 2.5 million or so, it's a long hike between levels.

My only goal for this game is to 100% the commendations.
I mean, if your only goal is to grind for the 150s, then I can understand how people can get burnt out. You're constantly watching the XP gauge game after game, and it's only going up bit by bit. Not exactly the most satisfying feeling. It helps quite a lot if you try and ignore the grind and just play the game just to be playing the game. After all, the only thing that's required to get to 152 is to play the game.
Req pack rewards for 150+ should include more then just an emblem. Im shocked you dont get a cool piece of armour or helmet. Even a cool skin.
I'm not at 150 yet, but I will be near the end of the month. I'm enjoying the grind right now, but when November 1 rolls around I may be singing a different tune
The grind to 150 was a tough one for me, especialy the journy from 149 to 150.

congrats on 150
I was burnt out and didn't play H5 for months after hitting 152. The Target Master commendation brought me back though.
I believe in you, OP, you can make it to 152.
L4WLTR0N wrote:
.. it was a tough slog grinding through WZFF and social games month-after-month-after-month to get to this level and it was not overly"fun" but I wanted that sense of accomplishment. And to get to 151 is only 11,000,000 more XP points (LOL!) which is not going to happen to me. For those who have made it to 151 or 152, my genuine congratulations (or sympathy??). I enjoy Halo 5 but not to the point of grinding away any further and will now just play more infrequent and stick to custom and social games... anybody else feel burnt out after hitting 150/151/152?
Yes, and thanks. It was an extreme grind to reach 152; lots and lots of WZFF and Super Fiesta, plus any mode that was featured for extra XP; plus the double XP weekends they used to have available. My suggestion would be playing the game modes that you enjoy! For me, WZFF became really easy so I started to challenge myself by changing up my gameplay. Play some games using only loadouts and power weapons instead of vehicles. Play on Heroic and jump into the action Rambo style and try to live through it all. Use weapons you never use or use only the weapons that are left on the playing field. While using the ghost, try to splatter a 100 plus enemies. In other words, set fun goals to achieve. This will help with the grind and help to make it fun; and the next level-up will come sooner.
I thought 150 was a nice even number to stop caring about my rank and then once I got to the halfway point I said screw it and I'll end it on 151. Then when I got to three or four million with 151, I thought I might as well just get it over with and then I grinded for 152.
I don't think I'll ever get 152 until years from now. Only maybe 4 days a week for a few hours, isn't ever going to get me 152. I have gotten multiple halo 3 5 star generals, 50 in every playlist, maxed out halo reach and halo 4. I'm 13 now in halo 5 and I don't think I'll ever get it lol
Congrats op
Congrats! I'm almost halfway through 151. I'm hoping to get 152 before Halo Infinite comes out.
Exenius wrote:
Congrats! I'm almost halfway through 151. I'm hoping to get 152 before Halo Infinite comes out.
Same I'm down to 11,000,000 xp until I reach 152
I started playing in January 2018 and am at 146 now. Even at 2.5 million or so, it's a long hike between levels.

Same I couldn't give a skippy whether I hit max rank or not you don't get anything for it.

I've been feeling the drag of grinding, some commendations are harder, due to low player pop. I have a hard time finding breakout matches. :(

I've been feeling the drag of grinding, some commendations are harder, due to low player pop. I have a hard time finding breakout matches. :(
Objective commendations will be the last I complete. Not even looking forward to it, but feel obligated.

Also I haven't played firefight in quite a while. I'm sure those last 6 grunt mechs will be a grind on their own. Although, I have gotten the hang of the sorrow of teash/headshot method.