Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

So I tried out the rock 'n' rail

OP LethalQ

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
It was actually more fun than I thought it was going to be. If you haven't played it you should try it out. A nice twist to the game really.
I wasn't that impressed with it, to be honest. Not that it was bad, it just wasn't great, yano?
It's just kinda meh. After how awesome extermination was it was going to be hard to top it. They're saying they're going to add a classic playlist that sounds awesome though
Danny Five wrote:
It's just kinda meh. After how awesome extermination was it was going to be hard to top it. They're saying they're going to add a classic playlist that sounds awesome though
I played classic settings in customs it's pretty fun. But I actually enjoyed the anniversary throwback settings more.
The first match of Rock n' Rail that I played was on Fathom. The floaty jumps combined with the map had me humming this to myself while the match was going on.
It was okay, but it's not something that will keep my interest. I'd probably have more fun looking for new things to clamber onto now that we have a huge jump heights.
Might you say that you thought it... "Rocked"?

I'll see myself out. (That was awful, but someone had to say it)

Yes, I was being for Rail when I said that was awful.
Wait they brought Rock and Rail back? Great...just what I need to finish the two commendations Ive already done.
Still, sounds fun. Its stuck on the same maps though I bet.
Rock 'n Rail has been pretty fun so far. I expected the SPNKr Prime to be the dominant weapon of this mode, but all the matches I've played are saying otherwise.

Side note: When charging the Whiplash, does it ever seem to get stuck or jam during the process for anyone else?
Rock 'n' Rail is literally me in a nutshell; fast, frantic, and frenzied. But it has also been a harsh lesson for me. Now, I must become better with the Railgun than ever before.
I played it once, and on Eden; did not flow so excitingly but at least we won; nice playlist for blowing off "whatever" though…
HaXoR73 wrote:
Rock 'n' Rail is literally me in a nutshell; fast, frantic, and frenzied. But it has also been a harsh lesson for me. Now, I must become better with the Railgun than ever before.
In case you (and anyone else) didn't already know, the Whiplash uses proximity air-burst fuses for its projectiles, which means that, like the Ad Victoriam, the round doesn't necessarily have to connect with the target. Makes it a little more forgiving and easier to aim.
I've played it, its very fun but my problem with the mode is the gravity and the height of the maps. Some of the maps feel really small, and the sky box of the maps feel too low for the gravity setting.

I'll jump off something and hit the top of the map amd then slowly float forward for a few seconds before finally start to come back down.

Maybe I'm jumping too much
HaXoR73 wrote:
Rock 'n' Rail is literally me in a nutshell; fast, frantic, and frenzied. But it has also been a harsh lesson for me. Now, I must become better with the Railgun than ever before.
In case you (and anyone else) didn't already know, the Whiplash uses proximity air-burst fuses for its projectiles, which means that, like the Ad Victoriam, the round doesn't necessarily have to connect with the target. Makes it a little more forgiving and easier to aim.
I know, but I don't think my performance wasn't good enough.
HaXoR73 wrote:
HaXoR73 wrote:
Rock 'n' Rail is literally me in a nutshell; fast, frantic, and frenzied. But it has also been a harsh lesson for me. Now, I must become better with the Railgun than ever before.
In case you (and anyone else) didn't already know, the Whiplash uses proximity air-burst fuses for its projectiles, which means that, like the Ad Victoriam, the round doesn't necessarily have to connect with the target. Makes it a little more forgiving and easier to aim.
I know, but I don't think my performance wasn't good enough.
THEN YOU MUST GET EVEN MORE GOODER!

Would lowering your sensitivity help? It could, at the very least, allow for steadier aim (or it'll screw you up. Hell if I know.).
I'm playing it right now lol. I'm actually having a "blast" (pun intended) playing it. One thing I've noticed is that the SPNKr Prime seems to be under performing a lot when compared to the Whiplash. It reminds me of the Direct Hit in Team Fortress 2, but kind of worse: It's a rocket launcher that fires sort of fast and deals a lot of damage when you hit right on, but when you miss, there's almost no splash damage, so you're instantly screwed. Might need to take that into consideration for future matches, especially due to how the Prime is the primary spawn weapon.
Side note: When charging the Whiplash, does it ever seem to get stuck or jam during the process for anyone else?
I haven't experienced this myself, but I have seen this happen in one of Taquin/Reach Way's videos. Seems really weird, might need to bring it up to 343 if it becomes more common, if it hasn't already.
I played two games. Had some fun. You would be surprised at how many people were jumping and getting picked off mid air.
My first game of this playlist was fun, the others I played were annoying and tedious T.T 2 Problems I had is that you could easily get spawn killed and the fact that everyone I see that plays this just uses the whiplash, but I can see why people don't use the spnkr prime that much though, cause its an unreliable piece of garbage in this mode.
Broey Broe wrote:
My first game of this playlist was fun, the others I played were annoying and tedious T.T 2 Problems I had is that you could easily get spawn killed and the fact that everyone I see that plays this just uses the whiplash, but I can see why people don't use the spnkr prime that much though, cause its an unreliable piece of garbage in this mode.
It's not garbage you just have to be accurate with it.
LethalQ wrote:
Broey Broe wrote:
My first game of this playlist was fun, the others I played were annoying and tedious T.T 2 Problems I had is that you could easily get spawn killed and the fact that everyone I see that plays this just uses the whiplash, but I can see why people don't use the spnkr prime that much though, cause its an unreliable piece of garbage in this mode.
It's not garbage you just have to be accurate with it.
I suppose but most of the time it looks like a direct hit with the thing, I just see a hitmarker and they take damage, Compared to the whiplash its pretty outclassed imo. Which I kind of don't like saying that from a mythic weapon .-.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9