So let me get this straight.....

OP DropzOfCrimzon

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 12
So...the chief awakens after three years of cryosleep in Halo 4. Saves the day multiple times proving once more he IS the top of the Spartan food chain. Is seen at the end if the game taking off his whole armor (now obsolete). Is then sent off on further missions taking down a being who has killed the whole black team.....and by Halo 5 he is still wearing obsolete hardware????

WHY?? Why would the UNSC even allow this? Why would they not outfit him and Blue Team with top of the line armor??
It is top of the line Gen2 armor. It merely looks like the old armor, probably because he wanted it that way. It has all the new and fancy features, this is proven by the new undersuit, spartan abilities, as well as the fact that there are some differences between halo 4 and halo 5 master chief armor
It's been heavily repaired and updated. He's back to having a bright gold visor again, he's got color on his under suit (I know, no one is excited about that), and I think his chest piece is bulkier (they at least filled in the gash).

Here, compare these two renders:

HALO 4

HALO 5

Here's a closer view of him with a better look at his under suit and chest piece
Yes...read the GI interview. It is specifically said Osiris armors are superior to Blue hence why they are on somewhat equal footing with the superior spartan 2s....so why are John, Fred, Kelly and Linda not given better armor?
It was said in some interview that it was upgraded between the games. MJOLNIR was said in the lore to be very modular and upgradeable so it's not entirely out of the question.

The body suits themselves look newer and lack the rough snakeskin appearance of H4, the dent in MC's chest plate is gone and the visor is now the familiar gold rather than H4's orange so obviously some or all of it is entirely new.
Sigh....

Guys I am not talking looks
Sigh....

Going AWOL kinda limits your wardrobe.
DSight wrote:
Sigh....

He is still wearing it BEFORE going awol as per those who played the demo of Blue's level

So I ask again....WHY?
DSight wrote:
Sigh....

He is still wearing it BEFORE going awol as per those who played the demo of Blue's level

So I ask again....WHY?
Because it's a video game.
didnt the canon fodder that covered both teams armor confirm that all the armors worn by each member of both teams are GEN 2? because if that's the case that should make his armor current and not obsolete correct?
DSight wrote:
DSight wrote:
Sigh....

So I ask again....WHY?
Should we excuse every point that breaks suspension of disbelief or plothole with "because this is a book/videogame/movie"?
Mnkymn89 wrote:
didnt the canon fodder that covered both teams armor confirm that all the armors worn by each member of both teams are GEN 2? because if that's the case that should make his armor current and not obsolete correct?
And the GI interview specifies Blue's armor is obsolete compared to Osiris...and goes on by saying their armor I'd the only reason Osiris has a shot because they are the least augmented soldiers.
Mnkymn89 wrote:
And the GI interview specifies Blue's armor is obsolete compared to Osiris...and goes on by saying their armor I'd the only reason Osiris has a shot because they are the least augmented soldiers.
Would be far from the first time GI mucked up an article.
Yet....were they WRONG and thus both sets of armor were on the same tech level (far as I know blue team has no Artemis)....Osiris team has ZERO advantage on Blue and as such is far inferior and likely has no chance in a direct fight.
Probably the same reason that some modern soldiers prefer to use the M16s over the M4's, familiarity and and reliability. The II's know their armor as well as they know their own bodies, give them new armor and it's going to take them a little while to get acclimated to the new suite and altered physicality again. They are already the strongest and most proficient warriors Humanity has to offer, I'm not sure how much GEN. II armor even upgrades their abilities.
Yet....were they WRONG and thus both sets of armor were on the same tech level (far as I know blue team has no Artemis)....Osiris team has ZERO advantage on Blue and as such is far inferior and likely has no chance in a direct fight.
Both team got GEN 2 armor, but AFTER blue team went AWOL, ONI gave team OSIRIS some upgrades to help them hunt blue team.
DSight wrote:
DSight wrote:
Sigh....

So I ask again....WHY?
Should we excuse every point that breaks suspension of disbelief or plothole with "because this is a book/videogame/movie"?
As something as insignificant as his suit being slightly different, yes.
www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2015/06/11/halo-5-guardians-unmasking-the-fireteam-hunting-master-chief.aspx

About this much apparently....

Blue team, the BETTER spartans as per 343's word of God, are outfitted with lesser hardware and that makes no sense militarily speaking......if not to force them through author's vis on equal footing as the better equipped Osiris

Now if that is not true then both spartan groups have identical armors in potential but Spartan 2s are far more heavily augmented thus Osiris has not even a snowball's chance in hell against Blue
Ndas Sraom wrote:
Probably the same reason that some modern soldiers prefer to use the M16s over the M4's, familiarity and and reliability. The II's know their armor as well as they know their own bodies, give them new armor and it's going to take them a little while to get acclimated to the new suite and altered physicality again. They are already the strongest and most proficient warriors Humanity has to offer, I'm not sure how much GEN. II armor even upgrades their abilities.
Please try to keep up, Blue team got gen 2 armor, it has been know for about 2 weeks at least.
Both team got GEN 2 armor, but AFTER blue team went AWOL, ONI gave team OSIRIS some upgrades to help them hunt blue team.
Only a conjecture
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 12