OP jpraelster93

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 15
  4. 16
  5. 17
  6. ...
  7. 18
I don't get what the issue is. They're giving away variants of Helioskrill in the REQ system. They're NOT giving away the original variant. This doesn't at all devalue the original variant in the least. Why is it an issue? It's not a mistake, it doesn't make your effort moot, and it doesn't just give away what you earned with your effort. This is the epitome of "problem out of nothing" mentality.
No it isn't, its a valid complaint, I can't wait until the same people saying this is no big deal, lose their -Yoink- when they do the same thing with Achilies in a few months.
Riddle me this. With this update, are you able to obtain the original Helioskrill armor from REQ's? Short answer? No. It, again, doesn't matter, as they're variants, not the original. It doesn't devalue, or make the original any less relevant. If Achilles got dual skin sets next update, I wouldn't care. If anything, it'd be good, as it'd stop people from farming in Warzone, which I'd TOTALLY love. This is literally a non-issue, and doesn't impact those who obtained the original Helioskrill variant, as it doesn't grant out that variant.
You can argue that until you are blue in the face. Its the same armor, I don't care if it has a few extra stripes or some crap like that. ITS THE SAME ARMOR. You may not care, and thats great, but its an issue, even if you refuse to believe it.
It's a variant of the armor, not the same. Is the armor you get with the Hammer Storm update THE original Helioskrill that can only be obtained by completing MCC on Legendary? Nope. That armor is still exclusive to that challenge and can't be earned by randomness. It's not an issue at the core, because what you cherish so greatly, isn't affected. And if anything, the variants would make the original MORE relevant now, since only a part of the Halo 5 community even has it.
Not even gonna bother arguing with you. Its pretty obvious you will defend whatever they do.
I wouldn't be defending them if they put the original Helioskrill variant in there, because then it'd actually affect me, and what I did to get the armor, making my effort pointless, and rendering the armor "useless" in terms of rarity and overall accomplishment factor. And on top of that, you've only interacted with me in this one argument, you can't really say I'd defend "everything" they do, if you only know my points based off of an armor set. So, no, it's not obvious. It IS obvious however, that your argument has flaws to it, because you fail to provide valid points in your favor past the personal "Oh noes, people have variants of an armor set I like!!!". Seriously, brah.
Bruh the pattern on the variant is pretty unnoticeable to the untrained eye. Part of the issue is some people will think those that got it out of a pack actually did one of the hardest things in the MCC.
And? So what if the skin-set's unnoticeable to a certain part of the playerbase? It still doesn't change the fact that what some players have, isn't as exclusive as the MCC's Helioskrill.
I'd be more bent out of shape if Helioskrill actually looked appealing. Definitely one of the fugliest armors I've seen/owned.
So you don't feel special anymore? Ha! Someone has self-esteem issues...
Seriously, what on earth were you thinking making variants of it, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU 343, besides not making enough real new content.
I 2nd this! Heck i've not wore my Helioskrill in god knows how long, but im currently using it to make the most of it before it becomes another standard armour thats hid behind the RNG wall of madness.

Ps. I know this version is still only obtainable via the MCC legacy acheivment, BUT who on gods earth notices skins while in the middle of a match? Skins, they are the worst addition to Halo, its just a lazy excuse to not add in more armour sets and instead move some lines around on an armour set.
Since when is any of the armour and helmets special or unique? They have pretty much made most helmets "new" by retexturingand the "Rarity" means -Yoink- when you can get a common one when it is the same as the legendary one. There is no value to most amour and this game is turning into cod. (Make "new" game. New content = retextured graphics and recycled content. WHAT AN AMAZINGLY NEW GAME)
e.g some common helmets and uncommon helmets are the same. whats different Is that the armor has a different design.
Whine about something that actually matters instead of you thinking what you unlocked is being given away.
It matters to me. As I said, still have nightmeres about grunts bull rushing me. You do know how hard it is to earn it, right? Do you have it?
Hard? Are you new to Halo? It can be knocked out in an afternoon. You can literally skip 75% of all the encounters in the games.
So you're saying everyone is a world record speedrunner and can complete Halo 1-4 in 8 hours? Nice! I learn something new everyday :D so happy
Look my friend Pie is right, Ive speed ran H CE and H2 but a speed run is a different animal than truly playing the mission and we both know Im not a newbie, but as alway you have my respect cuz U call it as u c it. A rare quality. I try diferent things with HALO, like CE mission 3 or H2 regret. I like to see how many waves I can survive or Regrets Guards gaurds I can kill . Once killed over 200 plus. But the waves in CE mission 3, yea I could go right to the lift but serviving until u r out of amo then take the lift. but grunts bull rushig you is true and kind of funny. An average plyer has to get better to get the armo. But good one pie, not good for the sand boxers though.,;~}hmm maybe a special achievement for a speed run and exclusive'not reskin earned armour. A new element added to why it is a slam and a better way to earn the reskined armor.Thank you pie for the food for thought, listening sandboxers,;~}
I think they need to have a lot more achievment based armour unlocks that are only available through achievement. Such as getting all the skulls getting all the terminals beating game normal heroic and legendary. Especially since there are what like 100+ armours they can make a lot of achievement armours. And also could be rmours for Mac nor than just halo 1 and halo 2 (personally if they are going to give us 1 and 2 achievement armour why not 3 and 4 as well just did to me) but that would promote actual campaign play
Lol..
343- were Bad guys.. it's what we do..
I think they need to have a lot more achievment based armour unlocks that are only available through achievement. Such as getting all the skulls getting all the terminals beating game normal heroic and legendary. Especially since there are what like 100+ armours they can make a lot of achievement armours. And also could be rmours for Mac nor than just halo 1 and halo 2 (personally if they are going to give us 1 and 2 achievement armour why not 3 and 4 as well just did to me) but that would promote actual campaign play
Thank you you saved me a post, Yes, speed run, no terminals, no sckulls , a different game in the game as r most all speed runs , but you never get to smell the roses . I like to explore and luv the art. Halo has allot of awesome art. The armor is losing the fresh artistic achievement and 343 should ban their sand boxers for poor work and on and on,;~} 343 your not bad guys at all, I still luv you, I think you are to close to the forest to see the trees. Thats all, take care, be well and step back for a minute,;~}
Oowoon wrote:
This is basically no different than Bungie giving everyone recon and preserving a variant for the pre-order crowd alone. (which happened with Reach, mind you, I was just offering a comparison)

Except this isn't an exclusive, and anyone can complete the pre-requisites if they have the MCC. You won't have my sympathy on this subject.
I agree with you 100%.
Seriously, what on earth were you thinking making variants of it, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU 343, besides not making enough real new content.
seriously don't talk trash on 343 they are trying there best
I agree. Armors just look cool now, but they used to be a statement of skill because you had to earn them through various achievements. No longer.
Halo 5 has just join my shelf collection. Sorry community it's just lost excitement. 343i has destroyed this franchise.
helioscrill isn't even rare so why care, beating the campaigns on legendary isn't a hard task it just takes time
Oowoon wrote:
This is basically no different than Bungie giving everyone recon and preserving a variant for the pre-order crowd alone.

Except this isn't an exclusive, and anyone can complete the pre-requisites if they have the MCC. You won't have my sympathy on this subject.
Pretty sure Recon was exclusive in Halo 3, what they did in other games is irrelevant. I was wondering how long it would take for a 343 sympathizer to show up.
Nope. Recon was given out to everyone at one point.
yeah but you needed to get some really hard achievement in ODST to get it.
not like we earn anything in this game anyway...
Yep. first they come out with the nightfall, MK6 gen 1s, and helioskrill armors with the helioskrill requiring you to beat mcc on legendary. Then they make all their armors unlockable without having to do anything specific. Then people complain about having no special armors they can unlock. So 343i introduces Achilles, which to unlock, you have to be in a spartan company and complete all 5 or 3 levels of the spartan company kill commendations (when you do complete it and unlock the armor set your whole company does as well and imo that kinda ruins the specialness of the armor set as it become less unique,Hope you guys understand by that.) And now we come to these Helioskrill variants which you dont have to work for really as you just have to open a req pack, rendering completing MCC on legendary to get the armor set useless.

So in short, not enough special unlocks to Achilles special unlock to ruining the hard work for the first special unlock. they backtracked.
I don't get what the issue is. They're giving away variants of Helioskrill in the REQ system. They're NOT giving away the original variant. This doesn't at all devalue the original variant in the least. Why is it an issue? It's not a mistake, it doesn't make your effort moot, and it doesn't just give away what you earned with your effort. This is the epitome of "problem out of nothing" mentality.
No it isn't, its a valid complaint, I can't wait until the same people saying this is no big deal, lose their -Yoink- when they do the same thing with Achilies in a few months.
Riddle me this. With this update, are you able to obtain the original Helioskrill armor from REQ's? Short answer? No. It, again, doesn't matter, as they're variants, not the original. It doesn't devalue, or make the original any less relevant. If Achilles got dual skin sets next update, I wouldn't care. If anything, it'd be good, as it'd stop people from farming in Warzone, which I'd TOTALLY love. This is literally a non-issue, and doesn't impact those who obtained the original Helioskrill variant, as it doesn't grant out that variant.
You can argue that until you are blue in the face. Its the same armor, I don't care if it has a few extra stripes or some crap like that. ITS THE SAME ARMOR. You may not care, and thats great, but its an issue, even if you refuse to believe it.
It's a variant of the armor, not the same. Is the armor you get with the Hammer Storm update THE original Helioskrill that can only be obtained by completing MCC on Legendary? Nope. That armor is still exclusive to that challenge and can't be earned by randomness. It's not an issue at the core, because what you cherish so greatly, isn't affected. And if anything, the variants would make the original MORE relevant now, since only a part of the Halo 5 community even has it.
Not even gonna bother arguing with you. Its pretty obvious you will defend whatever they do.
I wouldn't be defending them if they put the original Helioskrill variant in there, because then it'd actually affect me, and what I did to get the armor, making my effort pointless, and rendering the armor "useless" in terms of rarity and overall accomplishment factor. And on top of that, you've only interacted with me in this one argument, you can't really say I'd defend "everything" they do, if you only know my points based off of an armor set. So, no, it's not obvious. It IS obvious however, that your argument has flaws to it, because you fail to provide valid points in your favor past the personal "Oh noes, people have variants of an armor set I like!!!". Seriously, brah.
Bruh the pattern on the variant is pretty unnoticeable to the untrained eye. Part of the issue is some people will think those that got it out of a pack actually did one of the hardest things in the MCC.
Do you honestly care what other people on the internet think of your avatar? That's the most asinine defense I've seen thus far.

This reminds me of back in the late 90s when there was a surge of knockoff Oakleys in circulation. Nobody cared, you couldn't tell the difference unless closely inspected, but you knew if yours were legit and that was all that mattered. We didn't chase people down and tell them theirs weren't as good as ours. You're just being petty over something as insignificant as pixels in a video game.
Much prefer working for armour than RNG, Halo 4 does a great job of it! However it can be grinding sometimes! There should be unique armour sets.

Bonus idea:
Would-be cool to design your own Spartan company armour skin.
Much prefer working for armour than RNG, Halo 4 does a great job of it! However it can be grinding sometimes! There should be unique armour sets.

Bonus idea:
Would-be cool to design your own Spartan company armour skin.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 15
  4. 16
  5. 17
  6. ...
  7. 18