Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

So much for Herioskill being special anymore

OP jpraelster93

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 16
  4. 17
  5. ...
  6. 18
they look distinctly different from the special Helio set, and its not hard to earn. anyone who has the MCC can earn it, just like practically everyone has the MKVI even though its legendary.
u dont need to hate on how the helioskrull is having variants at least the original is the rarest
Slxyde wrote:
U guys can whine over helioskrill while I dribble over the noble 6 armor
Noble 6 armor?
The deciminator armor is noble 6's armor and what's good it's a ultra rare.
helioscrill isn't even rare so why care, beating the campaigns on legendary isn't a hard task it just takes time
no u r right its not rare, its Legendary and my fav,;~}
Helioskrill is a sick armor set its sad to see variations of it now pretty lame if ya ask me
Though I don't really care about the armour in this game because most looks ugly as anything or they all look too similar... but I agree with the OP. Why do this? If your going to do this, then make it so EVERYTHING in the game is obtainable threw REQ or if you are going to do this, do it at the end of your monthly updates (which as of now is June) like Halo 3 did with recon.

LethalQ wrote:
Yeah it's pretty lame. Guess they need to go ahead and make variants for Achilles next.
Calling it now, the april update will have it.
no I don't think it'll be April... I'm calling June, the final update (as of now anyways)

Arkanagos wrote:
Oowoon wrote:
This is basically no different than Bungie giving everyone recon and preserving a variant for the pre-order crowd alone.

Except this isn't an exclusive, and anyone can complete the pre-requisites if they have the MCC. You won't have my sympathy on this subject.
Pretty sure Recon was exclusive in Halo 3, what they did in other games is irrelevant. I was wondering how long it would take for a 343 sympathizer to show up.
Nope. Recon was given out to everyone at one point.
Recon was given out towards the end of Halo 3's life span with Reach around the corner, not only a few months after launch...
This is correct!! (bold) and I think this is what they should of done with Herioskill and others.
Though I don't really care about the armour in this game because most looks ugly as anything or they all look too similar... but I agree with the OP. Why do this? If your going to do this, then make it so EVERYTHING in the game is obtainable threw REQ or if you are going to do this, do it at the end of your monthly updates (which as of now is June) like Halo 3 did with recon.

LethalQ wrote:
Yeah it's pretty lame. Guess they need to go ahead and make variants for Achilles next.
Calling it now, the april update will have it.
no I don't think it'll be April... I'm calling June, the final update (as of now anyways)

Arkanagos wrote:
Oowoon wrote:
This is basically no different than Bungie giving everyone recon and preserving a variant for the pre-order crowd alone.

Except this isn't an exclusive, and anyone can complete the pre-requisites if they have the MCC. You won't have my sympathy on this subject.
Pretty sure Recon was exclusive in Halo 3, what they did in other games is irrelevant. I was wondering how long it would take for a 343 sympathizer to show up.
Nope. Recon was given out to everyone at one point.
Recon was given out towards the end of Halo 3's life span with Reach around the corner, not only a few months after launch...
This is correct!! (bold) and I think this is what they should of done with Herioskill and others.
Incorrect. Recon was given out because Halo was being handed over from Bungie to 343, and 343 didn't create the ability to track vidmasters/unlock recon for players through the vidmaster system. So bungie had to unlock it for everyone.
Durp EXE wrote:
Though I don't really care about the armour in this game because most looks ugly as anything or they all look too similar... but I agree with the OP. Why do this? If your going to do this, then make it so EVERYTHING in the game is obtainable threw REQ or if you are going to do this, do it at the end of your monthly updates (which as of now is June) like Halo 3 did with recon.

LethalQ wrote:
Yeah it's pretty lame. Guess they need to go ahead and make variants for Achilles next.
Calling it now, the april update will have it.
no I don't think it'll be April... I'm calling June, the final update (as of now anyways)

Arkanagos wrote:
Oowoon wrote:
This is basically no different than Bungie giving everyone recon and preserving a variant for the pre-order crowd alone.

Except this isn't an exclusive, and anyone can complete the pre-requisites if they have the MCC. You won't have my sympathy on this subject.
Pretty sure Recon was exclusive in Halo 3, what they did in other games is irrelevant. I was wondering how long it would take for a 343 sympathizer to show up.
Nope. Recon was given out to everyone at one point.
Recon was given out towards the end of Halo 3's life span with Reach around the corner, not only a few months after launch...
This is correct!! (bold) and I think this is what they should of done with Herioskill and others.
Incorrect. Recon was given out because Halo was being handed over from Bungie to 343, and 343 didn't create the ability to track vidmasters/unlock recon for players through the vidmaster system. So bungie had to unlock it for everyone.
That is what I'm saying... I agree with you, hence me and buddy I quoted is correct. Maybe I/we just didn't do a good job explaining it like you did, so thanks for that. My point is, they didn't give out recon and go 3 months later, here you go everyone. If Bungie would of done that eventually is all speculation so who knows...

I just think if 343 is going to do this, they should at least wait a while, not 3 months after the game came out....
Aww poor baby did you know a lot of people completed all halo's 1,2,3,4 o. Legendary and didn't get the armor or the achievement I'm one of those people I completed the entire mcc on Solo legendary and did not get either of the 2 in my opinion this payment for what they owe me that I didn't get
I don't get what the issue is. They're giving away variants of Helioskrill in the REQ system. They're NOT giving away the original variant. This doesn't at all devalue the original variant in the least. Why is it an issue? It's not a mistake, it doesn't make your effort moot, and it doesn't just give away what you earned with your effort. This is the epitome of "problem out of nothing" mentality.
No it isn't, its a valid complaint, I can't wait until the same people saying this is no big deal, lose their -Yoink- when they do the same thing with Achilies in a few months.
Riddle me this. With this update, are you able to obtain the original Helioskrill armor from REQ's? Short answer? No. It, again, doesn't matter, as they're variants, not the original. It doesn't devalue, or make the original any less relevant. If Achilles got dual skin sets next update, I wouldn't care. If anything, it'd be good, as it'd stop people from farming in Warzone, which I'd TOTALLY love. This is literally a non-issue, and doesn't impact those who obtained the original Helioskrill variant, as it doesn't grant out that variant.
You can argue that until you are blue in the face. Its the same armor, I don't care if it has a few extra stripes or some crap like that. ITS THE SAME ARMOR. You may not care, and thats great, but its an issue, even if you refuse to believe it.
It's a variant of the armor, not the same. Is the armor you get with the Hammer Storm update THE original Helioskrill that can only be obtained by completing MCC on Legendary? Nope. That armor is still exclusive to that challenge and can't be earned by randomness. It's not an issue at the core, because what you cherish so greatly, isn't affected. And if anything, the variants would make the original MORE relevant now, since only a part of the Halo 5 community even has it.
Not even gonna bother arguing with you. Its pretty obvious you will defend whatever they do.
I wouldn't be defending them if they put the original Helioskrill variant in there, because then it'd actually affect me, and what I did to get the armor, making my effort pointless, and rendering the armor "useless" in terms of rarity and overall accomplishment factor. And on top of that, you've only interacted with me in this one argument, you can't really say I'd defend "everything" they do, if you only know my points based off of an armor set. So, no, it's not obvious. It IS obvious however, that your argument has flaws to it, because you fail to provide valid points in your favor past the personal "Oh noes, people have variants of an armor set I like!!!". Seriously, brah.
Bruh the pattern on the variant is pretty unnoticeable to the untrained eye. Part of the issue is some people will think those that got it out of a pack actually did one of the hardest things in the MCC.
Do you honestly care what other people on the internet think of your avatar? That's the most asinine defense I've seen thus far.

This reminds me of back in the late 90s when there was a surge of knockoff Oakleys in circulation. Nobody cared, you couldn't tell the difference unless closely inspected, but you knew if yours were legit and that was all that mattered. We didn't chase people down and tell them theirs weren't as good as ours. You're just being petty over something as insignificant as pixels in a video game.
Well yeah it is only a skin in a game, and not very important but it was nice back before everyone could get recon in halo 3, it was something to be proud of, and it was a good feeling strutting your stuff. Now don't get me wrong, i'm not the the type to send a message to strangers bragging about having a certain piece of armor in a video game, lol, but it's a fun little thing to rub in those select few friends faces who you know will take it light heartedly.
Trying to beat friends on leaderboards can be fun. Competitiveness doesn't always have to be arrogance.
TLDR this thread:
- Jimmy did his chores without being asked and got a cookie for it
- Jimmie is happy.
- Bobbie only did half his chores, but also got a (similar) cookie
- Jimmie cries because other people get to have things too

Welcome to the real world
This is exactly how the entire rest of your life, both professional and personal, will work.

80% of work in any skilled area is done by 20% of the contributors, while the rest sit back, watch & collect the rewards.
This is nothing new or unique, this is every single day, all across the world.

Some people are just born useless & will never achieve anything on their own, and sometimes you give them a participation ribbon to make them feel better.
So now the "special kids" who still struggle with legendary can also unlock the same useless master-chief-barbie-dress-up outfit as you... oh boo hoo, poor you for being able to do it through a method that they can't. We all feel your pain at being competent, what a miserable existence (/sarcasm).

You can't fix lazy or incompetent people, but you can at least try not being an elitist -Yoink- about it -- also known as "dealing with it" (that's what grown-ups do, FYI).

Mochi7367 wrote:
And it took me days to get and there goes all my time, but I hope that's its only lockable for those who got the original.
"There goes all my time"

Yeah, poor you for being forced to play copious amounts of video games for some different-looking pixels.
Now other people might be able to have a duplicate of those virtual pixels, what a tragedy!! It's basically the same as stealing!

Think of all that you lost!
How will you ever get those hours back now??

Fotus was for buying a console, that isn't special. Earning an armor is special. I will complain about it, because its a valid complaint, 343 continues to -Yoink- over people, be it hardly any new content since launch, or releasing armors that were special.
No. Fotus was purchased. Helio was an achievement.
also this, just because you shelled out money for a special console doesn't mean you worked hard for it. I am talking about earning it in game. So few games have real accomplishments for stuff anymore, Herioskill was one of those, and they ruined it.
So because other people can also have something similar to what you have, suddenly it's "ruined?"

This is the epitome if childishness.
This
As if helioskrill was special to begin with.
Trust me most people don't think about what the Spartan their killing looks like they just care about killing the,
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 16
  4. 17
  5. ...
  6. 18