Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

So much for Herioskill being special anymore

OP jpraelster93

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 18
Fotus was for buying a console, that isn't special. Earning an armor is special. I will complain about it, because its a valid complaint, 343 continues to -Yoink- over people, be it hardly any new content since launch, or releasing armors that were special.
No. Fotus was purchased. Helio was an achievement.
So actually getting off your butt and earning enough cash to buy a massive Halo console isn't as much "hard work" as playing a video game? Hell I'd say FOTUS users "earned" their armor just as much as anyone else.
Fotus was for buying a console, that isn't special. Earning an armor is special. I will complain about it, because its a valid complaint, 343 continues to -Yoink- over people, be it hardly any new content since launch, or releasing armors that were special.
No. Fotus was purchased. Helio was an achievement.
So actually getting off your butt and earning enough cash to buy a massive Halo console isn't as much "hard work" as playing a video game? Hell I'd say FOTUS users "earned" their armor just as much as anyone else.
I disagree, a fool and his money are soon parted.
Fotus was for buying a console, that isn't special. Earning an armor is special. I will complain about it, because its a valid complaint, 343 continues to -Yoink- over people, be it hardly any new content since launch, or releasing armors that were special.
No. Fotus was purchased. Helio was an achievement.
So actually getting off your butt and earning enough cash to buy a massive Halo console isn't as much "hard work" as playing a video game? Hell I'd say FOTUS users "earned" their armor just as much as anyone else.
Well we all own a console.
Fotus was for buying a console, that isn't special. Earning an armor is special. I will complain about it, because its a valid complaint, 343 continues to -Yoink- over people, be it hardly any new content since launch, or releasing armors that were special.
No. Fotus was purchased. Helio was an achievement.
So actually getting off your butt and earning enough cash to buy a massive Halo console isn't as much "hard work" as playing a video game? Hell I'd say FOTUS users "earned" their armor just as much as anyone else.
Well we all own a console.
also this, just because you shelled out money for a special console doesn't mean you worked hard for it. I am talking about earning it in game. So few games have real accomplishments for stuff anymore, Herioskill was one of those, and they ruined it.
343i announced even before Halo 5 launched that Heliokrill would be in the REQ system. It was later removed, whether due to a bug or fan outcry. Regardless, it was meant to be unlocked by all, one way or the other.
It's a little disheartening, but you know what? Life goes on. Besides, it's not like people are going to look at you and stop to think "Wow! That guy has Helioskrill! He's really good at Halo!" And you can still be distinguished from players who haven't beaten the legendary campaigns by looking at their service records. Point is, this really isn't worth getting up in arms about, especially when we have more important matters to discuss, such as the game's lack of a dedicated PVE mode.
Rhydon65 wrote:
It's a little disheartening, but you know what? Life goes on. Besides, it's not like people are going to look at you and stop to think "Wow! That guy has Helioskrill! He's really good at Halo!" And you can still be distinguished from players who haven't beaten the legendary campaigns by looking at their service records. Point is, this really isn't worth getting up in arms about, especially when we have more important matters to discuss, such as the game's lack of a dedicated PVE mode.
I think the biggest problem is the lack of any new content. Baring 2 new arena maps, they haven't added a single real new piece of content to the game since launch.
Rhydon65 wrote:
It's a little disheartening, but you know what? Life goes on. Besides, it's not like people are going to look at you and stop to think "Wow! That guy has Helioskrill! He's really good at Halo!" And you can still be distinguished from players who haven't beaten the legendary campaigns by looking at their service records. Point is, this really isn't worth getting up in arms about, especially when we have more important matters to discuss, such as the game's lack of a dedicated PVE mode.
I think the biggest problem is the lack of any new content. Baring 2 new arena maps, they haven't added a single real new piece of content to the game since launch.
Agreed, I am sure they don't sit around thinking of ways to diminish the value of the game, but it seems like they do.
Rhydon65 wrote:
It's a little disheartening, but you know what? Life goes on. Besides, it's not like people are going to look at you and stop to think "Wow! That guy has Helioskrill! He's really good at Halo!" And you can still be distinguished from players who haven't beaten the legendary campaigns by looking at their service records. Point is, this really isn't worth getting up in arms about, especially when we have more important matters to discuss, such as the game's lack of a dedicated PVE mode.
I think the biggest problem is the lack of any new content. Baring 2 new arena maps, they haven't added a single real new piece of content to the game since launch.
Agreed, I am sure they don't sit around thinking of ways to diminish the value of the game, but it seems like they do.
You would think with all the money they are making off the req scam packs, they could make better maps, but apparently not.
I cannot understand why everyone is up in arms about this. Oh? You earned it?

Completing Halo 1/2 on legendary is difficult solo, but you can have a co-op partner which makes it so very very much easier. Four player co-op legendary is in no way hard, Halos 3 and 4 are a breeze. Whether you used the buddy system is up to you, but dont think that Helioskrill means anything other than "I played the first four Halos on legendary, the difficulty anyone can do when you have a partner"

Its really not that special, ayone can do it, only thing thats stopping me is that 20 something gig update for MCC.
This is definitely frustrating to say the least. Of all the pointless armor sets they could've included, they decide to pick a special campaign exclusive. Okay then. I've been grinding through MCC for Helioskrill and now it's all for nothing.

I wonder if the dev who made the call has ever sat down for a 4 hour session of Halo 2 on solo Legendary. It'll give you high blood pressure. What a butt.
Rhydon65 wrote:
It's a little disheartening, but you know what? Life goes on. Besides, it's not like people are going to look at you and stop to think "Wow! That guy has Helioskrill! He's really good at Halo!" And you can still be distinguished from players who haven't beaten the legendary campaigns by looking at their service records. Point is, this really isn't worth getting up in arms about, especially when we have more important matters to discuss, such as the game's lack of a dedicated PVE mode.
I think the biggest problem is the lack of any new content. Baring 2 new arena maps, they haven't added a single real new piece of content to the game since launch.
Agreed, I am sure they don't sit around thinking of ways to diminish the value of the game, but it seems like they do.
You would think with all the money they are making off the req scam packs, they could make better maps, but apparently not.
Keep in mind, when they're designing maps and gametypes they have to put a lot of time into testing them to make sure there are not any game-breaking glitches. Weapon skins and armor, on the other hand, don't need this kind of time and care. They're just aesthetic, and they're created by the art team instead of the programmers at 343. That's why we're seeing more customization instead of game-changing content.
Rhydon65 wrote:
Rhydon65 wrote:
It's a little disheartening, but you know what? Life goes on. Besides, it's not like people are going to look at you and stop to think "Wow! That guy has Helioskrill! He's really good at Halo!" And you can still be distinguished from players who haven't beaten the legendary campaigns by looking at their service records. Point is, this really isn't worth getting up in arms about, especially when we have more important matters to discuss, such as the game's lack of a dedicated PVE mode.
I think the biggest problem is the lack of any new content. Baring 2 new arena maps, they haven't added a single real new piece of content to the game since launch.
Agreed, I am sure they don't sit around thinking of ways to diminish the value of the game, but it seems like they do.
You would think with all the money they are making off the req scam packs, they could make better maps, but apparently not.
Keep in mind, when they're designing maps and gametypes they have to put a lot of time into testing them to make sure there are not any game-breaking glitches. Weapon skins and armor, on the other hand, don't need this kind of time and care. They're just aesthetic, and they're created by the art team instead of the programmers at 343. That's why we're seeing more customization instead of game-changing content.
Keep in mind,the game shipped pretty bare bones, lacking modes that have been in almost every other halo from day 1, I'm not going to defend bad developer choices.
Not to mention all the pointless uncommon armor variants no one will ever wear.
Rhydon65 wrote:
Rhydon65 wrote:
It's a little disheartening, but you know what? Life goes on. Besides, it's not like people are going to look at you and stop to think "Wow! That guy has Helioskrill! He's really good at Halo!" And you can still be distinguished from players who haven't beaten the legendary campaigns by looking at their service records. Point is, this really isn't worth getting up in arms about, especially when we have more important matters to discuss, such as the game's lack of a dedicated PVE mode.
I think the biggest problem is the lack of any new content. Baring 2 new arena maps, they haven't added a single real new piece of content to the game since launch.
Agreed, I am sure they don't sit around thinking of ways to diminish the value of the game, but it seems like they do.
You would think with all the money they are making off the req scam packs, they could make better maps, but apparently not.
Keep in mind, when they're designing maps and gametypes they have to put a lot of time into testing them to make sure there are not any game-breaking glitches. Weapon skins and armor, on the other hand, don't need this kind of time and care. They're just aesthetic, and they're created by the art team instead of the programmers at 343. That's why we're seeing more customization instead of game-changing content.
Keep in mind,the game shipped pretty bare bones, lacking modes that have been in almost every other halo from day 1, I'm not going to defend bad developer choices.
We don't know if it's because 343 willingly chose to ship it with less content, or if it's because Microsoft rushed them. There's reason to believe it's the latter because we were going to get this UI instead of the one currently in the game, why would they cut it out if they were not rushed?
Rhydon65 wrote:
Rhydon65 wrote:
Rhydon65 wrote:
It's a little disheartening, but you know what? Life goes on. Besides, it's not like people are going to look at you and stop to think "Wow! That guy has Helioskrill! He's really good at Halo!" And you can still be distinguished from players who haven't beaten the legendary campaigns by looking at their service records. Point is, this really isn't worth getting up in arms about, especially when we have more important matters to discuss, such as the game's lack of a dedicated PVE mode.
I think the biggest problem is the lack of any new content. Baring 2 new arena maps, they haven't added a single real new piece of content to the game since launch.
Agreed, I am sure they don't sit around thinking of ways to diminish the value of the game, but it seems like they do.
You would think with all the money they are making off the req scam packs, they could make better maps, but apparently not.
Keep in mind, when they're designing maps and gametypes they have to put a lot of time into testing them to make sure there are not any game-breaking glitches. Weapon skins and armor, on the other hand, don't need this kind of time and care. They're just aesthetic, and they're created by the art team instead of the programmers at 343. That's why we're seeing more customization instead of game-changing content.
Keep in mind,the game shipped pretty bare bones, lacking modes that have been in almost every other halo from day 1, I'm not going to defend bad developer choices.
We don't know if it's because 343 willingly chose to ship it with less content, or if it's because Microsoft rushed them. There's reason to believe it's the latter because we were going to get this UI instead of the one currently in the game, why would they cut it out if they were not rushed?
I am willing to bet that the game was in development before the xbox one was even released, so the whole rushed excuse is just another way fanboys can give them a free pass for their stupid decisions, I play halo 5 everyday, its the most fun I have had on halo in a long time. I WILL NOT HOWEVER, defend the lack of content this game still has.
Rhydon65 wrote:
Rhydon65 wrote:
It's a little disheartening, but you know what? Life goes on. Besides, it's not like people are going to look at you and stop to think "Wow! That guy has Helioskrill! He's really good at Halo!" And you can still be distinguished from players who haven't beaten the legendary campaigns by looking at their service records. Point is, this really isn't worth getting up in arms about, especially when we have more important matters to discuss, such as the game's lack of a dedicated PVE mode.
I think the biggest problem is the lack of any new content. Baring 2 new arena maps, they haven't added a single real new piece of content to the game since launch.
Agreed, I am sure they don't sit around thinking of ways to diminish the value of the game, but it seems like they do.
You would think with all the money they are making off the req scam packs, they could make better maps, but apparently not.
Keep in mind, when they're designing maps and gametypes they have to put a lot of time into testing them to make sure there are not any game-breaking glitches. Weapon skins and armor, on the other hand, don't need this kind of time and care. They're just aesthetic, and they're created by the art team instead of the programmers at 343. That's why we're seeing more customization instead of game-changing content.
Yes. These steps take some time. I find it interesting that 343 did not plan on having some of the game types they are adding. Like the expected everyone to be wowed with the product as launched.
Its such a mistake for them and makes that huge grind for the armor useless
Rhydon65 wrote:
Rhydon65 wrote:
Rhydon65 wrote:
It's a little disheartening, but you know what? Life goes on. Besides, it's not like people are going to look at you and stop to think "Wow! That guy has Helioskrill! He's really good at Halo!" And you can still be distinguished from players who haven't beaten the legendary campaigns by looking at their service records. Point is, this really isn't worth getting up in arms about, especially when we have more important matters to discuss, such as the game's lack of a dedicated PVE mode.
I think the biggest problem is the lack of any new content. Baring 2 new arena maps, they haven't added a single real new piece of content to the game since launch.
Agreed, I am sure they don't sit around thinking of ways to diminish the value of the game, but it seems like they do.
You would think with all the money they are making off the req scam packs, they could make better maps, but apparently not.
Keep in mind, when they're designing maps and gametypes they have to put a lot of time into testing them to make sure there are not any game-breaking glitches. Weapon skins and armor, on the other hand, don't need this kind of time and care. They're just aesthetic, and they're created by the art team instead of the programmers at 343. That's why we're seeing more customization instead of game-changing content.
Keep in mind,the game shipped pretty bare bones, lacking modes that have been in almost every other halo from day 1, I'm not going to defend bad developer choices.
We don't know if it's because 343 willingly chose to ship it with less content, or if it's because Microsoft rushed them. There's reason to believe it's the latter because we were going to get this UI instead of the one currently in the game, why would they cut it out if they were not rushed?
I am willing to bet that the game was in development before the xbox one was even released, so the whole rushed excuse is just another way fanboys can give them a free pass for their stupid decisions, I play halo 5 everyday, its the most fun I have had on halo in a long time. I WILL NOT HOWEVER, defend the lack of content this game still has.
I do not have any experience in the gaming industry, and I assume that you don't either. So we don't know exactly how much time needs to be invested into a modern AAA game. Regardless, I'm not defending what 343 did or the state of the game, there are still many improvements to be made. But rather than cracking a verbal whip at 343, we should be offering clear, unambiguous feedback to them. We can't go back and time and help them redo Halo 5's release, but we can help them improve it. You original post says that they haven't added enough 'real' new content. What do you mean by that? What do you want to be added exactly?
Its such a mistake for them and makes that huge grind for the armor useless
This.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 18