2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 18
Oowoon wrote:
This is basically no different than Bungie giving everyone recon and preserving a variant for the pre-order crowd alone. (which happened with Reach, mind you, I was just offering a comparison)

Except this isn't an exclusive, and anyone can complete the pre-requisites if they have the MCC. You won't have my sympathy on this subject.
The opportunity to earn recon didn't come about until two years after release, and it wasn't outright given to players until what, 2011? This game is four months old. That is not a valid comparison.
Rhydon65 wrote:
Rhydon65 wrote:
Rhydon65 wrote:
Rhydon65 wrote:
It's a little disheartening, but you know what? Life goes on. Besides, it's not like people are going to look at you and stop to think "Wow! That guy has Helioskrill! He's really good at Halo!" And you can still be distinguished from players who haven't beaten the legendary campaigns by looking at their service records. Point is, this really isn't worth getting up in arms about, especially when we have more important matters to discuss, such as the game's lack of a dedicated PVE mode.
I think the biggest problem is the lack of any new content. Baring 2 new arena maps, they haven't added a single real new piece of content to the game since launch.
Agreed, I am sure they don't sit around thinking of ways to diminish the value of the game, but it seems like they do.
You would think with all the money they are making off the req scam packs, they could make better maps, but apparently not.
Keep in mind, when they're designing maps and gametypes they have to put a lot of time into testing them to make sure there are not any game-breaking glitches. Weapon skins and armor, on the other hand, don't need this kind of time and care. They're just aesthetic, and they're created by the art team instead of the programmers at 343. That's why we're seeing more customization instead of game-changing content.
Keep in mind,the game shipped pretty bare bones, lacking modes that have been in almost every other halo from day 1, I'm not going to defend bad developer choices.
We don't know if it's because 343 willingly chose to ship it with less content, or if it's because Microsoft rushed them. There's reason to believe it's the latter because we were going to get this UI instead of the one currently in the game, why would they cut it out if they were not rushed?
I am willing to bet that the game was in development before the xbox one was even released, so the whole rushed excuse is just another way fanboys can give them a free pass for their stupid decisions, I play halo 5 everyday, its the most fun I have had on halo in a long time. I WILL NOT HOWEVER, defend the lack of content this game still has.
I do not have any experience in the gaming industry, and I assume that you don't either. So we don't know exactly how much time needs to be invested into a modern AAA game. Regardless, I'm not defending what 343 did or the state of the game, there are still many improvements to be made. But rather than cracking a verbal whip at 343, we should be offering clear, unambiguous feedback to them. We can't go back and time and help them redo Halo 5's release, but we can help them improve it. You original post says that they haven't added enough 'real' new content. What do you mean by that? What do you want to be added exactly?
Real maps and real game modes, this month brings us some new game modes and 1 new map, bringing the total of new content to 2 new maps (One arena and one warzone) And some new game modes, most of which should have been in at launch.
Oh no, my special helmet that so many people already have is now going to be less special! And I bet 343 will nerf the special abilities that my current helmet has!
Honestly, I don't really care. It's not that hard completing halo 1-4 on legendary. Anyone can do it. It would be quicker to get the original helioskrill than getting a legendary one from the RNG system.
Oowoon wrote:
This is basically no different than Bungie giving everyone recon and preserving a variant for the pre-order crowd alone. (which happened with Reach, mind you, I was just offering a comparison)

Except this isn't an exclusive, and anyone can complete the pre-requisites if they have the MCC. You won't have my sympathy on this subject.
The opportunity to earn recon didn't come about until two years after release, and it wasn't outright given to players until what, 2011? This game is four months old. That is not a valid comparison.
It is a valid comparison when the whole outcry was for "armies like recon".
Do not remove/repost content removed by Monitor.

Spoiler:
Show
I'm more mad that I'm gonna get stuck with helioskrill variants as potential req cards in packs when I don't like the way it looks at all. Was so happy doing legendary made sure it wouldn't pop up instead of helljumper and now there are 2 new variants to hog legendary rolls :/
Bakaijin wrote:
I'm more mad that I'm gonna get stuck with helioskrill variants as potential req cards in packs when I don't like the way it looks at all. Was so happy doing legendary made sure it wouldn't pop up instead of helljumper and now there are 2 new variants to hog legendary rolls :/
This, for me, is what's bad about these variants. They aren't much different, but they will just bloat the system and take up rolls which could have give better armours.
Bakaijin wrote:
I have to second this. I have h-skrill but I did the cheevo before H5 came out. I've got my H3 Scout helmet so I'm happy with that. Having to get more emblems and armors is hilarious. How can anyone really tell whats legendary or not with all this variants?
Rhydon65 wrote:
It's a little disheartening, but you know what? Life goes on. Besides, it's not like people are going to look at you and stop to think "Wow! That guy has Helioskrill! He's really good at Halo!" And you can still be distinguished from players who haven't beaten the legendary campaigns by looking at their service records. Point is, this really isn't worth getting up in arms about, especially when we have more important matters to discuss, such as the game's lack of a dedicated PVE mode.
Right?! Totally needs a PvE mode!! Please bring back firefight!! Some wave system at the very least.
343i Does not have to keep certain exclusives at one varient. They do what they want.
Yeah not gonna lie, was pretty salty about this.

i went through halo 2 on legendary to get that damn armor.....the pain was real (im looking at you jackal snipers).
Yah it sucks for you guys. Worked so hard! You guys have my respect.
hey, it might only be available to those who already have helioskrill; and even if not, i feel it will only make the original more special and rarer
Oowoon wrote:
This is basically no different than Bungie giving everyone recon and preserving a variant for the pre-order crowd alone.

Pretty sure Recon was exclusive in Halo 3, what they did in other games is irrelevant. I was wondering how long it would take for a 343 sympathizer to show up.
Nope. Recon was given out to everyone at one point.#
343 did it
Seriously, what on earth were you thinking making variants of it, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU 343, besides not making enough real new content.
well we can tell just by looking at you that you LOVE your heroskrill armor
Rhydon65 wrote:
Rhydon65 wrote:
Rhydon65 wrote:
Rhydon65 wrote:
I think the biggest problem is the lack of any new content. Baring 2 new arena maps, they haven't added a single real new piece of content to the game since launch.
Agreed, I am sure they don't sit around thinking of ways to diminish the value of the game, but it seems like they do.
You would think with all the money they are making off the req scam packs, they could make better maps, but apparently not.
Keep in mind, when they're designing maps and gametypes they have to put a lot of time into testing them to make sure there are not any game-breaking glitches. Weapon skins and armor, on the other hand, don't need this kind of time and care. They're just aesthetic, and they're created by the art team instead of the programmers at 343. That's why we're seeing more customization instead of game-changing content.
Keep in mind,the game shipped pretty bare bones, lacking modes that have been in almost every other halo from day 1, I'm not going to defend bad developer choices.
We don't know if it's because 343 willingly chose to ship it with less content, or if it's because Microsoft rushed them. There's reason to believe it's the latter because we were going to get this UI instead of the one currently in the game, why would they cut it out if they were not rushed?
I am willing to bet that the game was in development before the xbox one was even released, so the whole rushed excuse is just another way fanboys can give them a free pass for their stupid decisions, I play halo 5 everyday, its the most fun I have had on halo in a long time. I WILL NOT HOWEVER, defend the lack of content this game still has.
I do not have any experience in the gaming industry, and I assume that you don't either. So we don't know exactly how much time needs to be invested into a modern AAA game. Regardless, I'm not defending what 343 did or the state of the game, there are still many improvements to be made. But rather than cracking a verbal whip at 343, we should be offering clear, unambiguous feedback to them. We can't go back and time and help them redo Halo 5's release, but we can help them improve it. You original post says that they haven't added enough 'real' new content. What do you mean by that? What do you want to be added exactly?
We've been helping. The halo community feedback program for halo 5 has been around for what now, a year? I've been a member for close to that, giving feedback since the beta. Yet, despite multiple outcries on both this forum and that survey, nothing the community wants is there. It goes a little further than "we can help improve it". That concept is a ploy.
I try to get the helioskill helmet and armour
hey, it might only be available to those who already have helioskrill; and even if not, i feel it will only make the original more special and rarer
but you don't really notice the difference in game if you are shooting at them
I try to get the helioskill helmet and armour
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 18