Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

So will Halo 5 have full armor customization

OP SNIPERxJACKAL

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Or just body, helmet, and visor?
That's it, they said there are a lot of variants, also the fact that there are stances, assassins, vehicle variants, gun variants. It's a tradeoff, but oh well.
I'm sure by this point, it'll be just like the beta... Which in my eyes is a step back.
That's it, they said there are a lot of variants, also the fact that there are stances, assassins, vehicle variants, gun variants. It's a tradeoff, but oh well.
Yeah, just helmet, body and visor
Cool that there is all this new stuff but seems like 2 steps forward 1 step back with the rest of the armour pieces being removed
Just that, i know it's so disappointing :/ a step back IMO
It's not a step back, they are allowing you to choose from hundreds of different armor sets, and helmets. Yet, it's not enough because you want to choose if the screw used to hold the helmet on is flat head, phillips, or hex point. Seriously, be happy with what you get and stop the complaining.
It's not a step back, they are allowing you to choose from hundreds of different armor sets, and helmets. Yet, it's not enough because you want to choose if the screw used to hold the helmet on is flat head, phillips, or hex point. Seriously, be happy with what you get and stop the complaining.
I'd rather have more in-depth customization than a bigger variety of ugly armors. Why wouldn't fans want 343 to build off of the foundation of Reach, which had the best customization in a Halo game to date.
There are customizable stances? I'm even more excited now! I'm assuming they're pre, and post game stances. It's a pretty fair trade off imo.
There are customizable stances? I'm even more excited now! I'm assuming they're pre, and post game stances. It's a pretty fair trade off imo.
That's what I'm assuming too, I can't think of stances any other way than the intro/outro which will be pretty neat.
I hope it's like 3
Seriously, everyone has to complain on these boards. With them able to focus on giving us body, helmet, and visor variations, we will have a whole lot of more unique looking Spartans than ever. Everyone keeps talking about Reach being the best but I have to say different. Everyone had the same Body (MK V) but with a barely noticeable accessory tacked on. Shoulders are barely noticeable too, except for those stupid giant ones. Literally it was only the helmet/colors that really made people look different. Them focusing on full bodies only give them more leeway to be unique and artistic and not having to worry about if a different shoulder or something clashes or clips with Armor it wasn't meant to go with. We get a lot out of this.
Dead1ift wrote:
Cool that there is all this new stuff but seems like 2 steps forward 1 step back with the rest of the armour pieces being removed
Well the fact of armor customization being limited to helmets, visors, and armor suits may not be correct all that stuff is pre release info and gameplay I can 100% hope and guarantee that there will be 100% full armor customization in halo 5 guardians
From what I know, the explanation is that full customization is limiting on the design of each individual Armor set, as every piece of each set has to be compatible with all the other armors. At first I thought this explanation was BS. But then I thought back to Halo 4. Every Chest and shoulder piece has at least 3 other pieces that look almost the same to it. There were a lot of armors sets in H4, but not as much visual diversity as you'd think. Perhaps this goes hand in hand with the explanation given regarding the H5 armors. Maybe they are looking at the experience they had creating armors for Halo 4 and making the decision based on what they thought was a restricting system for armor. Still kind of sucks, but surprisingly I'm already over it. I just want to play the game. Like, right now.
Or just body, helmet, and visor?
Yes.

And to be honest, I'm completely over this. Probably would have flipped tables if visor color was taken out though.

I don't even change my armor in Reach/Halo 4 anymore aside from primary color/visor color because I've had the pieces I want for such a long time now... As long as Halo 5 has a massive amount of Helmets/torsos like Josh Holmes said it would, I think we ALL will be able to get by...
Dead1ift wrote:
Well the fact of armor customization being limited to helmets, visors, and armor suits may not be correct all that stuff is pre release info and gameplay I can 100% hope and guarantee that there will be 100% full armor customization in halo 5 guardians
Dude, they've already confirmed its just those three options. It's not a work in progress thing, not any more.
Honestly, I don't mind. No matter how long I spent toying with my Spartan's knees in Reach and 4, it ultimately didn't matter. The only thing people notice in a match is the helmet, and maybe visor. I'm happy knowing the development budget/time went into a greater meaningful variety in sets and skins that are actually noticeable and meaningful this time.
Honestly all we really lost in my opinion was shoulders. Usually i would try to find the best fitting arms anf legs for my spartan in halo 4, and here they come giving us a perfect pair for every set. Shoulders chest and helmet were what really mattered, and they added weapon skins, armor skins, assasinations, stances, and in a way far more arm pieces and leg pieces than halo 4 had (you cant change them, but every armor has their own now). I'm happy with the tradeoff, but dissapointed that i cant pick shoulders.
Also all the armor looks 100% better than halo 4's, which almost looked alien with all the odd shaped visors.
1. this is not complaining, it's constructive criticism, if valid arguments are provided - that's something necessary for every game developer.

2. i'd rather have fewer armor sets and more options to customize the single parts (similiar to reach) than to chose from one hundred complete sets.

3. two short questions: what is the purpose of forums like this, if not to provide feedback? that's why we're all here. and second, should we praise everything and anything and take everything for given, even if we SIMPLY DON'T LIKE IT ?
just body helmet and visor for the armor sadly...

this is because they're making lots and lots of armor sets, weapons skins and attachments, assassination animations, and vehicle skins (don't know if also vehicle attachments)

I would have prefered them to not make weapons/vehicles skins and attachments and asssassination animations, customizing the armor is cooler than this stuff... (lots of armor sets is awesome, but it would have defenitely been much better if we had full customization like Halo Reach)
There are dozens of there threads on here already. Why do people insist on making new ones? I'd gladly take reduced customization in favor of getting more options for armor variants.
I think we might even get mixed armors just that they are still a whole armor, I just hope there is a gladiator type armor that has 1 bigger and 1 smaller shoulder, kind of like the MKIV.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2