OP David iZ Mental

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. ...
  7. 6
Let's be real here: competitive players are a minority. The vast majority of people like Sprint. (Edit: Or are indifferent to it.)

What we must lobby for is custom games options to remove Sprint, Spartan Abilities, and anything else 343i decides to add in the days and months ahead before release. As well as a minimum of one dedicated competitive playlist with those settings.

Let's be real here, no one playing halo wants sprint or AA's oops i mean spartan abilities.
343i already tried to win over that huge CoD casual market with H4 and as we saw, it failed miserably, that CoD crowd left 2 weeks after launch and the majority of the true halo fanbase never even showed up, those that did however also left in 2 weeks, leaving halo 4 a barren wasteland.

I play Halo not COD. I like sprint and most of the spartan abilities look solid so far. Just because you and your bffs don't like sprint does not mean that everyone who plays doesn't like sprint. No one person speaks for the community. We will always be somewhat divided on personal preferences. It looks to me like 343 is trying to please both crowds with sprint being tied to your shield. Smart move, lets see how it plays out on Dec. 29.
Numerous threads and polls on this and a number of other halo related forums say otherwise, the majority of halo fans don't want sprint, btw i actually kinda like the new stuff but until i play the beta i'm sticking by the opinion that going further down that halo 4 path is a bad idea considering where it lead.
Here's what I truly don't understand...everyone saying it's balanced and all. True every Spartan has the same abilities and whoever uses them better will win the fight.
But...dont all you supporters (that supposedly LOVE HALO) think the game is too $#@&Ing fast??? Jesus Christ it's like Advanced warfare on steroids. If you really love Halo, you love the tactical, strategic gameplay. That simply does not exist based on the vidoc/scrimmage. It was so fast and chaotic. I just don't understand, if it slowed down to half that speed I could be interested. But it looks ridiculous, and those million beep sounds that go off. What is that. I swear it looked and sounded like a completely different game. Just because they look like Spartans doesn't mean it looks like halo.
Tbh I would play it over Advanced Warfare cuz it'll be way more balanced, but common people...dont praise EVERY DAMN CHANGE for $#@&'s sake.
Map control, fighting over power weapons, et cetera - all that exists and was present in the demo. There is as much tactical and strategic gameplay as there ever was. The only difference is that you now need to think and react faster.

Also, there are people who "really love Halo" and don't even go near Matchmaking.
Now this conversation is getting crazy, but I must ask. And be honest, how many people saw the reveal of Halo 5 Guardians, saw the Spartan Abilities and simply left? And if you didn't do that, did you write no in the twitch chat or come running to the forums? Because, I feel like a lot of people are missing out on how many features were added to this game.

Just some food for thought.
No sprint or other armor abilities please!
I've noticed I'm a bit weary today. The reason being that Halo hype has disappointed me before. Halo 3 wasn't nearly the game I expected it to be after 3 years of being REALLY active on B.net forums. Reach didn't quite turn out to be the change I thought/hoped it would be at the time. H4 didn't turn out to quite be what I hoped it would be.
But yet, all those games I did truly enjoy...even if they aren't my favorite games in the series (H3 and H4 most notably. Reach for some reason suddenly feels...great almost looking back at it).

Yesterday my feelings were through the roof. I mean: this is Halo! When I talk to my students about how big and important this series is they look at me like they don't know what I'm talking about because it is a relic from a bygone era to them.

And that is why Halo is changing: because its demographic grows older and eventually that first target audience starts to have families of their own and kids and jobs and all that and the fanbase declines in numbers. Problem is the changes to match the newer style of FPS games with Halo's own style never really worked out well.
Now, with H5 I see a lot of things I was truly opposed to. ADS for instance...but apart from looking 'bad' it doesn't seem to interfere with gameplay that much if at all. The Sword looks lame...sure. But the rest? It is fast, and going back to older Halo now makes me appreciate the faster pace in newer Halos more. It looks great already. It seems balanced. Note: seems...because we have yet to see if it does.

Most importantly to me: it looks vaguely reminiscent to Halo 2. Call me crazy but I think IGN nailed it when they also made that observation. The way the maps are build, the way players move, the way the shooting goes. It looks like Halo 2.0. The point is...by looking like an upgrade of those mechanics (the most pure and best Halo mechanics if you ask me, not taking in account CE because it wasn't on Live) I also feel somewhat disconnected to the game. It sure is Halo, it looks like Halo, it looks like it does many things right. I just don't feel overwhelmed by it...yet. And I don't know it that is good or bad.
I just hope that is a good feeling, coming from being disappointed before and now being more weary. But most likely...I just also start to become old and less focused on gaming and thus Halo...
This is why they have the beta to make sure when the final product is released the fans get what they want. I want the classic rocket launcher model back.
I'll lobby for this as well. What ever that is that they have as the rockets is not something I want to hold/use. It looks cool but It has to become something else.

But hopefully they'll change it back and maybe assign the new design as one of the "legendary" weapons. I'll be fine with that.
Gameplay looks nice and solid, can't wait to get hands on it. Some Pro opinions of H5: https://teambeyond.net/Halo-5-pro-impressions/
I feel people don't understand why sprint is different in halo. In a game like cod or battlefield sprint helps speed up game play and favors the stronger player because they use it at unnecessary times, and because kill times are so low in those games you can kill quickly right then and there. In halo however when a player sprints they can use it to escape because it takes time to kill a player, therefore letting weaker players avoid firefights or live a situation they should have died in.

solution?Instead of having players not regen shields, have them stop sprinting completely so they cant escape.
Exactly! Escaping to survive is a good thing!

So you got caught with your pants down? You might still survive if you use the terrain wisely. In Halo you are not guaranteed the kill just because you shot another player first. You must follow through, throw accurate grenades, pursue, team shoot, choose your path to victory. Tactics win the day. Your camping across the map and get angry that a player you hit a few times hid to recover his shield? by that logic why not just remove shields all together?

Here is an interesting thought. I hate to use CoD as an example but because you seem to identify with that here is an idea for all of you "supposed" CoD haters: You don't want sprint in Halo because players can survive and it takes longer to kill. You actually want it to be like CoD because in CoD sprint can not save you. You don't want another player to recover from a mistake then outsmart you because "you shot first." In a way by removing sprint from Halo now would actually make it more like COD... Think about that for a moment...
I feel people don't understand why sprint is different in halo. In a game like cod or battlefield sprint helps speed up game play and favors the stronger player because they use it at unnecessary times, and because kill times are so low in those games you can kill quickly right then and there. In halo however when a player sprints they can use it to escape because it takes time to kill a player, therefore letting weaker players avoid firefights or live a situation they should have died in.

solution?Instead of having players not regen shields, have them stop sprinting completely so they cant escape.

Exactly! Escaping to survive is a good thing!

So you got caught with your pants down? You might still survive if you use the terrain wisely. In Halo you are not guaranteed the kill just because you shot another player first. You must follow through, throw accurate grenades, pursue, team shoot, choose your path to victory. Tactics win the day. Your camping across the map and get angry that a player you hit a few times hid to recover his shield? by that logic why not just remove shields all together?

Here is an interesting thought. I hate to use CoD as an example but because you seem to identify with that here is an idea for all of you "supposed" CoD haters: You don't want sprint in Halo because players can survive and it takes longer to kill. You actually want it to be like CoD because in CoD sprint can not save you. You don't want another player to recover from a mistake then outsmart you because "you shot first." In a way by removing sprint from Halo now would actually make it more like COD... Think about that for a moment...
And you are the reason why you will be good at Halo xD
Let's be real here: competitive players are a minority. The vast majority of people like Sprint. (Edit: Or are indifferent to it.)

What we must lobby for is custom games options to remove Sprint, Spartan Abilities, and anything else 343i decides to add in the days and months ahead before release. As well as a minimum of one dedicated competitive playlist with those settings.

Let's be real here, no one playing halo wants sprint or AA's oops i mean spartan abilities.
343i already tried to win over that huge CoD casual market with H4 and as we saw, it failed miserably, that CoD crowd left 2 weeks after launch and the majority of the true halo fanbase never even showed up, those that did however also left in 2 weeks, leaving halo 4 a barren wasteland.

I play Halo not COD. I like sprint and most of the spartan abilities look solid so far. Just because you and your bffs don't like sprint does not mean that everyone who plays doesn't like sprint. No one person speaks for the community. We will always be somewhat divided on personal preferences. It looks to me like 343 is trying to please both crowds with sprint being tied to your shield. Smart move, lets see how it plays out on Dec. 29.

Numerous threads and polls on this and a number of other halo related forums say otherwise, the majority of halo fans don't want sprint, btw i actually kinda like the new stuff but until i play the beta i'm sticking by the opinion that going further down that halo 4 path is a bad idea considering where it lead.
Yes, I know that there are many sprint haters who get very vocal on the forum and they all jump on the band wagon. If sprint was removed I am sure all of the sprint lovers would come out of the woodwork, but they have no reason to now. That does not mean that there are not sprint lovers. I am not saying you are wrong for wanting sprint. That is your preference, and many other players preference as well. But there are still many players, myself included, who like sprint and a fluid and mobile gameplay.
MrFlibblex wrote:

You might see them as a minority but they were the ones which kept Halo 3's population healthy all the way leading up to Halo Reach's launch and they were also the ones who were overlooked with Halo 4 and look how the population for that has been for the last 12 months. That minority are the ones who would usually be daily visiting forums talking about all things halo and the ones who would still be populating the game two years down the line.. adding stuff like sprint when so many great points were made by various people over the last four years as to why it shouldn't be in is just a slap in the face to those people.
If this ^^^^^really is true then I hate to tell you that Halo is dead.
Why when the fanbase voted unanimously to remove sprint have you kept sprint?
At the very least they could have made it like Halo Reach and have it as an ability.

Yes, I know that there are many sprint haters who get very vocal on the forum and they all jump on the band wagon. If sprint was removed I am sure all of the sprint lovers would come out of the woodwork, but they have no reason to now. That does not mean that there are not sprint lovers. I am not saying you are wrong for wanting sprint. That is your preference, and many other players preference as well. But there are still many players, myself included, who like sprint and a fluid and mobile gameplay.
Fluid gameplay? As in, gameplay that deforms constantly over time with applied pressure? I'd say that's a pretty good description of what's happening to Halo.
The one hit Destiny-esque ground pound is unnecessary and gamebreaking. It adds nothing players actually want to the game and may actually frustrate a lot of those players enough to leave if they even buy the game. This community voted almost unanimously to revert to more Halo 2 style settings(not Halo 2 exactly) and they went completely in the opposite direction. I wouldn't be surprised if we got killstreaks at this point considering Halo 4 already had a version of them to begin with.
Here's what I truly don't understand...everyone saying it's balanced and all. True every Spartan has the same abilities and whoever uses them better will win the fight.
But...dont all you supporters (that supposedly LOVE HALO) think the game is too $#@&Ing fast??? Jesus Christ it's like Advanced warfare on steroids. If you really love Halo, you love the tactical, strategic gameplay. That simply does not exist based on the vidoc/scrimmage. It was so fast and chaotic. I just don't understand, if it slowed down to half that speed I could be interested. But it looks ridiculous, and those million beep sounds that go off. What is that. I swear it looked and sounded like a completely different game. Just because they look like Spartans doesn't mean it looks like halo.
Tbh I would play it over Advanced Warfare cuz it'll be way more balanced, but common people...dont praise EVERY DAMN CHANGE for $#@&'s sake.

"it's like Advanced warfare on steroids."

This part made me chuckle because in the Halo lore, Spartans are in fact advanced soldiers on lots of steroids!

But to address your speed concerns, yes Halo has sped up to a point. But it is still a tactical game. "First shot" does not guarantee the kill and to me that is the most important factor. If you can out-think you opponent than you can win.

As the video game community has grown over the last 10 years, so too has their ability, skill, and reaction time. We as players are becoming faster and more skilled. Halo must walk the new path or get left behind on this great journey...

"it's like Advanced warfare on steroids."

This part made me chuckle because in the Halo lore, Spartans are in fact advanced soldiers on lots of steroids!

But to address your speed concerns, yes Halo has sped up to a point. But it is still a tactical game. "First shot" does not guarantee the kill and to me that is the most important factor. If you can out-think you opponent than you can win.

As the video game community has grown over the last 10 years, so too has their ability, skill, and reaction time. We as players are becoming faster and more skilled. Halo must walk the new path or get left behind on this great journey...
Why hasn't Counter-Strike added sprint or ADS?

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame and attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Spoiler:
Show
That's a bold-faced lie and you know it. Source- The fanbase never votes unanimously on anything.
I've never had a problem with sprinting. I honestly don't care what happens to it.
Because they balanced it out. Your shields don't recharge when you sprint.
I do not remember voting against Sprint, which means it wasn't unanimous. I like Sprint, Sprint is here to stay, and it's not that hard to kill someone who's using Sprint in the first place, especially since their shields will no longer be able to charge while they're running.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. ...
  7. 6