Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] So, you think aiming is too hard? Good.

OP Cheaptastic

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. 9
  7. ...
  8. 10
The beta was a much better aiming system. As implemented it's broken and flawed. Can't believe anyone is defending these changes since beta.
Archaic wrote:
The beta was a much better aiming system. As implemented it's broken and flawed. Can't believe anyone is defending these changes since beta.
here here
Personally, I'm not too bothered about the aiming function. I'm ok at it as to me, it feels a lot like classic halo in a way with some of the weapons (Br and Dmr etc) so I have no idea why there's so much commotion about it.
Looked at your profile. You havent played one halo game except 5. You have no ideal what we are talking about. Only the people who have played halo over the years know that the aiming is -Yoinked!- up. And fixing it wont make it easier like everyone seems to think none of the games before it where easy so why the hell would this one be.
How do you counter people spartan charging and killing you off with the Ar?
Some people don't seem to realize that something being more difficult when it is broken and inconsistent is not good.
How do you counter people spartan charging and killing you off with the Ar?
You don't until 343 changes it like they had to with noobs in Reach sprinting and double-meleeing you.
Conclusion: An option to turn off aim assistance/deceleration would be appreciated by the community.
Conclusion: An option to turn off aim assistance/deceleration would be appreciated by the community.
and would make false results for everyone
and would make false results for everyone
Query: Please define term "False Results".
Some people don't seem to realize that something being more difficult when it is broken and inconsistent is not good.
Inconsistent!, that's the word i was searching for =)

Wonky and Inconsistent, that is what it feels like to me ...
Broken≠A Skill Gap
Tests have proven how broken dead zones are. If they fix this, there will still be a skill gap.
It's hard for the wrong reasons.
No, I don't find the aim hard. I find it broken and unresponsive because the deadzones are too damn big.
Replying to op

Not hard, but rather unnatural. You shouldn't make a game hard to aim artificially by making it feel unnatural. If you want to make it take skill then you remove bullet magnetism/auto aim etc.

If you wanted to make a game hard through making the aiming feel unnatural, you could do something like making the sensitivity too high for the average player. See what I'm saying?
For someone who has played all the Halos since the very first when it was released I can honestly say that the aiming in this game is what I would considered flawed. I feel like the actual game for the right analog is all but gone. I know people try and stay positioned on the enemy with left analog stick and slightly aim with the right, however I feel like this is most accurate with Halo 5. When people get to close it's all but gone the movement becomes so slow that trying to aim with the right stick is useless. I feel like most of this game has made it all but with the exception of a super specific range. I feel like all the Halos still had a large skill gap except for Halo 4, but this is not skill since most kills feel more like luck than anything else.
i think there's a bug that when you get hit, aim gets accelerated to give a better chance for multi-kills etc.... like shooter gets more aim assist, and the one hit gets accelerated... problem is... i don't think the acceleration is getting removed (bugged) and its continuing on, to the point where you can't kill nothing...

Play swat, and see.... It's all I play, and very obvious.... that acceleration might even be a server side stat that don't reset unless you quit for hour or more...
Just find it strange as hell that all previous Halo's I played on 3-4 but now I have to play on 6-7 to counter after the clunky aiming system. 13+ years of 3-4 and now I have to basically double my speed for some reason?
Wait.... the aiming is too slow for people?! I feel its far too fast, i have to play on 1-2 sens. Then again i was playing a lot of cs:go before Halo 5 came out...
xD Zoe wrote:
Just find it strange as hell that all previous Halo's I played on 3-4 but now I have to play on 6-7 to counter after the clunky aiming system. 13+ years of 3-4 and now I have to basically double my speed for some reason?
Wait.... the aiming is too slow for people?! I feel its far too fast, i have to play on 1-2 sens. Then again i was playing a lot of cs:go before Halo 5 came out...
It's slow up to about 70% stick deflection, then it gets super fast. It's like there are two modes, aiming mode which is extremely slow, and turning mode.
A agree 100%.
I do not understand the complaint with the aiming. Been reading the threads for the past week and I just don't see the problem. I have been mainly in Warzone so maybe this problem is in Arena? I played several arena modes but have not noticed the issue yet.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. 9
  7. ...
  8. 10