2. ...
  3. 15
  4. 16
  5. 17
  6. ...
  7. 18
Go vote on the poll to show your opinion
Where is this poll?
Ok, we need to have a serious discussion about what has become of Halo and its "community"... I have been playing Halo sense it launched in 2001 and I have noticed that Halo has become a "fandom" and has left the "community" aspect of the game out. Halo as a whole started with community game modes such as grifball, infection, actionsack Etc. and now we have lost touch and have only focused on MLG ESL... People really have showed this by showing their concern on social media. I know Halo has to "evolve" with the growing community but we need to step back and look at what started it all. An idea of what needs to happen is have a subsection titled "Community" where people can indulge in all of their favorite game modes as listed above. People need to have a place where they can "play" and not have to worry about a KDA or winning as much as having fun and talking... We as a community need to bring back contests where people make maps and take in game photos then have them publicized where people from all around the "community" can view and download them. Halo was formed on the idea of having people all in one place having fun not and not caring about what their next match will be... Lets make this big so 343i will notice and change for the better...
Revised due to an irrelevant topic
Yes, this game is lacking content. Social playlist, forge, fileshare, gametypes, etc should all be in this game and will hopefully be in soon.

HOWEVER, the lack of these things has nothing to do with "Catering to MLGz," Competitive players have always wanted these same things as it would keep more players playing and more players = more viewers for streams/more req packs bought = more money from tourneys or sponsors. What is ironic to me is that everyone on this forum complained that competitive players wanted "halo 3.5" and now we have a halo game extremely different in movement mechanics, map styles, and spartan abilities from any halo before and suddenly "the game is too MLG"....
There defiantly needs to be a balance between social and mlg game modes
343i Please, just bring us the weekend game modes and make em permanent ones.
In regards to community Halo 6 need to have the option of File share with the launch of Forge like the one in Halo Reach and casual modes such as infection and Grifball need to be added in when forge comes out. Everyone loved these game modes and it would good to see the return of them into Halo.
In regards to community Halo 6 need to have the option of File share with the launch of Forge like the one in Halo Reach and casual modes such as infection and Grifball need to be added in when forge comes out. Everyone loved these game modes and it would good to see the return of them into Halo.
pajama dad wrote:
monitor EU wrote:
I believe i speak for most people when i say split screen needs to be added... Even if split screen isnt the best quality.... I would much rather deal with 900p at 45fps like H2A and get to play 2-4 players... I do belive that single player should stay at 1080p 60fps however.
It's not that simple. The whole engine relies on the game running at 60 fps as that's how it was built, if it goes considerably lower then is starts to crash.
relies? crashes? where is this coming from?

sounds like nonsense to me.
I don't have the source to hand but it was a quote from 343i back when the splitscreen news broke.
monitor EU wrote:
I believe i speak for most people when i say split screen needs to be added... Even if split screen isnt the best quality.... I would much rather deal with 900p at 45fps like H2A and get to play 2-4 players... I do belive that single player should stay at 1080p 60fps however.
It's not that simple. The whole engine relies on the game running at 60 fps as that's how it was built, if it goes considerably lower then is starts to crash.
Halo 4 was not designed to perform at 1080p 60fps yet they were able to achieve that in MCC
That was a port, it's a different scenario. When game engine code is written so it can only run at a certain framerate you can't change it, or else the game starts to have major issues and crashes.
pajama dad wrote:
monitor EU wrote:
relies? crashes? where is this coming from?

sounds like nonsense to me.
The game wouldn't crash, but if what they're saying about the physics engine being reliant on 60fps is true, you'd start to see physics problems, like physics explosions, numerical instability, etc.

Problems like things flying into the air, getting embedded in surfaces, etc. Possibly also "bullet through paper" problems, where small, fast moving projectiles go through walls. The kinds of bugs you've probably seen a million times in hilarious YouTube videos, basically.

Physics engines generally don't like being ticked at too low a frame rate. Hard to say what the real issue is without inside knowledge though. Developer press releases don't tend to go into the minute details of problems, because it just confuses people.

With regard to Halo 4, having extra resources to run a game at a higher frame rate isn't a problem. It's the other way around that's an issue.
This is the link to the poll...
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/90a6869bcf944c54a17102ac9e31da1a/topics/social-gameplay/fabe61a9-fb9e-4f06-ae44-700882388817/posts?page=1
I agree with ARC 1796!
Damn all I see is you little girls complain. Be happy you even own an xbox one and have the privelage yes privelage to play halo 5.
Oh and if you don't want to mess up your k/d and try hard all the time in lets say breakout, make a second account you don't care about and warm up and mess around try taking new routes and when your feeling it get on your main. stop complaining and have fun you casuals!!!!!
I'll be back on Multiplayer when they add back social, I'm getting tired of Warzone and Ranked. No one wants to play 100% all the time and I want to use other weapons on the map. Like the Lightrifle.
Customs should have a Playlist like halo2
Viuez wrote:
Damn all I see is you little girls complain. Be happy you even own an xbox one and have the privelage yes privelage to play halo 5.
Oh and if you don't want to mess up your k/d and try hard all the time in lets say breakout, make a second account you don't care about and warm up and mess around try taking new routes and when your feeling it get on your main. stop complaining and have fun you casuals!!!!!
Im a competative player, its just nice to have the option to mess around every once and a while
All Halo 5 needs is Griftball, and infection.
Why Halo 5 isn't social:
  • pre-game lobby + fileshare screenshots (see Halo 3)
  • social playlists (see Halo 2 + 3)
  • que joining (see Halo Reach)
  • map voting (see Halo Reach)
All I need is infinite ammo in customs.
monitor EU wrote:
Halo 3 did it with their Split screen and it worked fine.
Viuez wrote:
Im a competative player, its just nice to have the option to mess around every once and a while
Who makes a second account to just protect their KD?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 15
  4. 16
  5. 17
  6. ...
  7. 18