OP Viper Skills

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. ...
  7. 6
I do get alot of JIP alone, but I don't mind if it's first 3 min.
Truth be told I actually rarely get jip games and I do solo warzone majority of the time. I also use balanced matchmaking preference as well.
I seem to be getting kicked more frequently as of late. It's obnoxious when we're about to win and I'm using mission victory boosts. Also, if your team is at 800 and the enemy is at 650 and they catch up because half of your team gets kicked. >.<
When 343 introduced the connection options and I switched to expanded because the other options wouldn't connect I began to get double the amount of JIP's not just in warzone but in arena too. Not only that but expanded search has actually made my lag worse than it was before.
OP:
Spoiler:
Show

I've always associated a high rate of JIP games with a high quit rate. Looking at your last matches, Viper, you do have 2 DNFs. I didn't look far into it, but if you are quitting 2/10 games on average it may contribute to your JIP rate. I'm not accusing you of anything, and I would love to hear your thoughts on the data correlation. Most people that I've seen post threads about JIP have multiple quits on their recent games list while the respondees that say "I never get JIP" etc rarely have quits from my observation.

It's kind of a smart solution. The quitting problem is fixed- well perhaps not fixed, but aided by the group of people that statistically caused it. Quitters gon' be used to fill quitters spots.
It's ironic you mention that because I usually quit out of JIP games that have little to no chance of being turned around. Similarly, if the score is high im just not going to enjoy being thrown into a half finished game.

I've wanted to gauge the community for their opinions and experiences on the matter without introducing my own bias. But from my game history you can likely assume I despise being thrown into someone else's mess. Even if I finish the game with the most kills, it's just not enjoyable to me. I like playing warzone start to finish. Going from an AR and Pistol to the rest is reminiscent of invasion to me.

All of that aside, I do not quit out of 20% of my games. Not even close. Yesterday I had no patience for JIP.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
if you play expanded search preference you get jip'ed a lot less
I hate joining games in progress cause when u join your team will most likely cause they had 11 players for most of the game.
3 out of 10 of my last matches were join in progresses. I don't mind it, but it depends on the situation. If it's right in the beginning of the match then I'm OK with it. But if I join in while my team is getting beaten by 200 points and only has one base locked down. I'm outa there.
yes it distracting boom feedback :)
Friends,

This thread is not about farming. Much wow. Such surprise.

Anyways, I'm trying to see if any of my fellow solo warzone players have faced the issue I've been facing the last month or two.

The issue I'm facing is an absurdly high number of join in progress games. Playing with friends, I will never join a game in progress. But playing solo I'd say i get a join in progress (AKA:JIP) game maybe 3 times for every 1 start to finish game.

I plan on making a more detailed thread later and potentially raise awareness of the "issue."

Because I got more replies than I thought I would, here is a question:

If you are experiencing a high number of join in progress games, do you feel it detracts from your warzone experience?

Thanks for your time in advance.
This happens to me all of the time.. I get into games where the matches have already started and I am placed on a losing team with no chances of recovery. This experience has taken my win/loss ratio to below 48%. I am slowly starting to raise it up to 49% with the help of players I have recently teamed up with. This almost stopped me from playing warzone altogether.
Can confirm - Was joining a lot of JIP games.
Joining games in progress does suck, unless it's right at the end, then I get free RP.
JIPs suck. No one deserves to join a game in which defeat is inevitable. In ARENA or in WARZONE. You guys need to make a way to counter this. One of the best Ideas I have seen is a solution to core defense and anti-farming. It's how a player can use drop pods to escape a enemy controlled area and turn the tide. You can read it HERE.
Solo playing on the other hand, is optional. whether you play alone or with friends is entirely up to you. You can go lone wolf and hope for a good team. (works 80% of the time)
Well it's simple math. The bigger your group, the fewer matches you would qualify to join in progress since they would need as many empty slots as you have in your fireteam.

Searching solo, probably puts in JIP queues first to address the most pressing needs.
I do experience this issue, however o do believe that it somewhat takes away from the experience by not being able to help my team all the way in the match
I mainly play solo and I'd say about 1 in 5 are JIP.
If you are experiencing a high number of join in progress games, do you feel it detracts from your warzone experience?
I'd say 1 out of 3 games is JIP. Yes, it detracts my experience since 90% of the time I'm on a losing team which is expected. I also don't like it because I can't use any boosts. The worst for boosts is when I get a JIP game that's still in the intro phase of the game. It's basically a normal game, but now I can't even use my boost.
I dont mind joining a game in progress as long as it isn't towards the end. I only play SOLO as none of my friends like 343's Halo anymore. So to answer your question no I do not find that I am joining games in progress that often. I do find tht every single game there are quitters though.
well if one person quits a warzone game then they need one person to fill the slot.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. ...
  7. 6