3. 9
  4. 10
  5. 11
  6. 12
  7. 13
  8. ...
  9. 15
i agree with at least 99.9% of the community on this one
That is a good idea. I've always hated how, when I used to play solo, the enemy team would always steal the game-winning boss. Since I've started playing with full teams, I haven't had to worry about bosses nearly as much- but when we do we are always setting up with lasers, whiplashes, any any other boss-killing gun.

tl;dr 343 please do this so playing solo WZ isn't so damn stressful
Maybe need to change the interface display bosses or add the critical strip of life, which will decide on which side the Boss-kill.
I repeat, not going to happen. It has already been brought up to 343, 343 has responded, and Bosses are up for grabs and will never been distributed via health damage. Last shot wins the day as it should be.
343 PLEASE look at this!!!
This is an interesting proposal. Although I support the current system, I could see this idea going a direction that's mutally agreeable on.
Just get rid of the HP bar, and then anyone who tries to kill steal will be forced to guess and have good luck. Also distribute the points more fairly, preferably a damage dealt system. So if Red Team gets a Boss really low, and then some dirty blues come in and get the kill, Blue Team doesn't get all of the 150 points. Blue Team will get 65 points for the kill, then the other 85 points will be divided based on damage dealt. This way, if some person comes in and simply railguns a LB for the kill, the opposite team won't be totally screwed over, and they still have a chance, rather than going 150 points behind and getting that feeling of not caring.
Arcon Fury wrote:
For the fourth time

343 was asked this already

343 responded

343 is not making any changes to boss kills

343 specifically stated that Boss kills are up for grabs and that is a core part of what makes Warzone

This thread is a waste of time

If you are on the enemy team I am going to grab a BR, DMR, or Sniper Rifle and take out your boss every single time.
The system works fine. Learn to last hit. Don't let the boss get low enough health for an enemy to steal it without first making sure no one is around to steal it. It isn't rocket science.
That's alright in your head but still with everyone attacking it and if the enemy has more vehicles and heavy weapons they going to get it, and thats still kill stealing
I think tis idea is fantastic. I think that the bosses should spawn closer to outposts so if the boss kills you, you can get straight back into the fight. I cant tell you how many time i have almost killed the boss and then died, only to have to run across the map to find the boss dead due to the other team.
please make 343 do this
Kill stealing is frustrating but it is still tactical.
Last hit on the kill = 100 points/10 points

Team that did the most damage = 150 points/15 points

Visible indication of which team has done the most damage to a given boss.

A lot easier to manage than having to accommodate for two health bars because the bosses go through different stages of damage. This system would seemingly require there to be separate instances of the boss models but only one point reward. I don't see that being easy to implement.

I like the current system sometimes, but the number of bosses that can be stolen based on stupid luck is too high. People might say to kill the enemies, but what do you do when they spawn, shoot the boss once, and get the kill? So you now have to kill all of the enemies, capture all of their bases, AND destroy their core before it's safe to get a guaranteed boss kill? Lol

Don't care if 343i is not going to change it, we're making constructive posts :^)
The system works fine. Learn to last hit. Don't let the boss get low enough health for an enemy to steal it without first making sure no one is around to steal it. It isn't rocket science.
That's alright in your head but still with everyone attacking it and if the enemy has more vehicles and heavy weapons they going to get it, and thats still kill stealing
With the other team having more powerful weapons, chances are that they will kill the boss before you, especially with 2 different healthbars for each team.
Entr0p1k wrote:
Arcon Fury wrote:
For the fourth time

343 was asked this already

343 responded

343 is not making any changes to boss kills

343 specifically stated that Boss kills are up for grabs and that is a core part of what makes Warzone

This thread is a waste of time

If you are on the enemy team I am going to grab a BR, DMR, or Sniper Rifle and take out your boss every single time.
You never know.
There is no such thing as stealing a kill from the other team. Are you sitting around holding hands with the other team? Of course not. You are trying to kill the other team. Bosses are up for grabs per 343. Any change to the Boss kill system would completely invalidate the Warzone game mode. It isn't an issue of fair vs unfair. You either land the last shot or you don't. It is that simple. As wuffydave said, the system works perfectly fine. Control the map and designate players to watch for enemies hiding nearby and if you fail to do so you don't deserve the kill. For the last time, 343 has already addressed this, so those of you begging 343 to address this are wasting your time. This is not going to change, nor is Sprint going away, etc etc.

Halo 5 is what it is. Play it or don't but stop freakin whining constantly about everything.
Great idea. :)
Not to be rude or anything but this idea has been stated about a billion times already.

Which is funny, since a billion people have probably already pointed that out.

Hypocrisy for the win!
Disagree. Halo has always been about getting the last shot, not doing the most damage. The system the way it is encourages everyone to go after big bosses like Warden Eternal all at once, adding to the craziness Warzone is supposed to me. I personally would not feel very motivated to go after a Warden Eternal all the way across the map in your suggested system if the enemy team has halved his HP while mine has barely dented it. At least with the current system, everyone has a chance. Learning to balance when to shoot the bosses to get the last shot, as well as controlling the area on the enough that other players don't get much of a say in those last final moments is all a part of the strategy. It's a balance of PvP to PvBoss in those crucial moments that will determine the outcome, but if everyone just mindlessly shoots at the boss then it's just going to be up in the air. Play smarter, not harder. That's my opinion on the matter.
I already had an idea for this post I did earlier but in reality a review of the boss kills would be nice. Just depends on what 343's reasoning is.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 9
  4. 10
  5. 11
  6. 12
  7. 13
  8. ...
  9. 15