6. 11
  7. ...
  8. 12
Ramir3z77 wrote:
RyTheGuy18 wrote:
Ramir3z77 wrote:
Pistol has quicker kill time then ar idk where ur getting ur numbers from
If this is to be believed.1:58

I don't have anything to analyze that video frame-by-frame myself but at face value the guy fires the AR slightly before 1:58 and gets the kill slightly after 1:59.

Quote:
I've killed many a smg with a pistol in cqc
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/09ruJMCAl2o/maxresdefault.jpg
>Reach Pistol
>Kills in 1.08

And they say the Halo 5 Magnum is stronger...
Must be a lot of salty players I've spanked with my long barrel AR ;)

Use different weapons for different situations. DONT STAND STILL-JUMP AND STRAFE AROUND COVER

I use all the new weapons, the AR is my favorite hut the pistol is way better until you have to reload.
It's adorable that you seem to think that anyone who is talking about balance in this game is even remotely thinking of the laughable mess that is Warzone. "Long barrel AR." Good lord. No one cares. Warzone kids, please don't bother trying contribute to threads about weapon balance. You just look silly.
Defiantly i don't understand the hate

Use different weapons for different situations. DONT STAND STILL-JUMP AND STRAFE AROUND COVER

I use all the new weapons, the AR is my favorite hut the pistol is way better until you have to reload.
It's adorable that you seem to think that anyone who is talking about balance in this game is even remotely thinking of the laughable mess that is Warzone. "Long barrel AR." Good lord. No one cares. Warzone kids, please don't bother trying contribute to threads about weapon balance. You just look silly.
Lol arena is way easier than warzone, I play both but arena gets stale after a while. Anyways in arena there's tons to weapons around to grab. Idk try grabbing one of the dmrs brs hydras lying around the map stop being a noob. weapons are pefectly balanced in this halo
They can kill that's why they're hated.
It doesn't matter that non auto > auto been in close range
I've killed many a smg with a pistol in cqc
Yep I've been killed many times before by damn near computer like Spartans laughing at my SMG. perfectly wrecking my head, in close quarters too. Some people just can't admit they missed a shot or two and got owned by smarter play.
I'm not reading 9 pages of this... OP please see halo 1 - 3. Notice how the autos play. #Done
Lmao you mean absolutely useless?? Yea ok. Halo 2 SMG was a complete joke due to duel wielding. Halo 3 AR was useless due to not being able to kill without a beatdown which resulted in double beatdown. Halo 3 AR start is unplayable and controlling the BR guaranteed a win.

Lol arena is way easier than warzone, I play both but arena gets stale after a while. Anyways in arena there's tons to weapons around to grab. Idk try grabbing one of the dmrs brs hydras lying around the map stop being a noob. weapons are pefectly balanced in this halo
Your posts just keep getting funnier and funnier. Keep it up. I need a good laugh. Please do tell me how much skill it takes to cross map someone with a sentinel BR with Stabilizer Jets, kid or something similarly hilarious. God, I hope you're not actually serious.
I'm not reading 9 pages of this... OP please see halo 1 - 3. Notice how the autos play. #Done
Lmao you mean absolutely useless?? Yea ok. Halo 2 SMG was a complete joke due to duel wielding. Halo 3 AR was useless due to not being able to kill without a beatdown which resulted in double beatdown. Halo 3 AR start is unplayable and controlling the BR guaranteed a win.
Controlling the BR means you had to make use of skill, something that has become easier to obtain with the increased power and range of autos
Tazzman29 wrote:
Ramir3z77 wrote:
Quote:
Then please, feel free to go complain about another game somewhere else.
Wooo awesome -Yoinking!- retort bro. "Go play another game." Yeah that's totally relevant to my arguments. You sure told me, you sure rebutted my points.
You must have missed the 2 other paragraphs that followed "BRO".
Welcome to online forums.

Shucks, did that other guy actually write a well-thought out retort? Better act like it doesn't exist, because that's easy to do on the internet!
I don't get the hate on automatics either; At the end of the day I use what I find is useful and what I have fun with. Automatic, precision, power weapon... Doesn't matter to me, ha ha!
I have no issues with automatics in Halo 5. They are perfectly balanced.
Controlling the BR means you had to make use of skill, something that has become easier to obtain with the increased power and range of autos
I beg to differ grabbing the BR on guardian and wrecking the AR users in halo 3 did not take skill lol. Nothing short of a well placed grenade,sniper or shotgun would take you out.

The real skill now iis knowing that if you bring your BR close to mid range and you arnt aiming for the perfect kill, you will get dropped.
Ramir3z77 wrote:
Quote:
Please elaborate on why this is bad? Aren't all guns in the end hold shoot button??
Alright then. Go wreck people with the Sniper Rifle in CQC.
Such inane responses. Almost makes me not want to bother.
Quote:
Pistols are Sidearms.
Pistols are whatever the hell the developer makes them out to be. Complete non-sequitur.
Quote:
Pistols can beat the AR with consistent shot placement.
AR Killtimes:
1.1 (Headshot) and 1.5 (Body)
Pistol Killtimes
1.57 (Headshot) and 2.2 (Body)
If you have perfect accuracy and the AR user somehow can't get the ridiculously easy to obtain 1.1s minimum killtime then yeah, it's theoretically possible, albeit extremely unlikely.
The SMG and Storm Rifle have a 1.03s bodyshot killtime. It's literally impossible for a Magnum user to defeat that even with perfect aim.
Quote:
People say it's a noob tactic to pull out automatics in CQC.
No.
Some guy defends automatics by saying they take skill solely because you have to know what the proper range to use them in is.
We correctly point out that isn't skillful or tactical, it's just common sense, and not even unique to automatics, you have to have proper positioning with most weapons.
I'm not saying it's a "noob tactic". I'm saying it doesn't even qualify as a tactic to begin with.
Quote:
they aren't firing tracking bullets
Actually they literally -Yoinking!- do. >_<
What's harder? Lining up a shot with a small crosshair, or moving a giant crosshair over someone in CQC and holding right trigger? Even if the crosshair isn't exactly centered on their body you're still doing major damage because of spread and magnetism, I mean -Yoink- I can even find clips of people doing damage when their crosshair is off to the side of someone.
Should be self evident from a few minutes of gameplay but you all love to deny the truth and pretend automatics take just as much skill as a sniper rifle does.
Quote:
got out-played
Rofl.
Quote:
Without using the terms "noob weapon" or "no skill.
"Tell me why I'm wrong without actually telling me the obvious reason why I'm wrong."
Is this guy a legend?

All forums about this should refer to this IMO
Well done sir ;)
Ramir3z77 wrote:
Quote:
Please elaborate on why this is bad? Aren't all guns in the end hold shoot button??
Alright then. Go wreck people with the Sniper Rifle in CQC.
Such inane responses. Almost makes me not want to bother.
Quote:
Pistols are Sidearms.
Pistols are whatever the hell the developer makes them out to be. Complete non-sequitur.
Quote:
Pistols can beat the AR with consistent shot placement.
AR Killtimes:
1.1 (Headshot) and 1.5 (Body)
Pistol Killtimes
1.57 (Headshot) and 2.2 (Body)
If you have perfect accuracy and the AR user somehow can't get the ridiculously easy to obtain 1.1s minimum killtime then yeah, it's theoretically possible, albeit extremely unlikely.
The SMG and Storm Rifle have a 1.03s bodyshot killtime. It's literally impossible for a Magnum user to defeat that even with perfect aim.
Quote:
People say it's a noob tactic to pull out automatics in CQC.
No.
Some guy defends automatics by saying they take skill solely because you have to know what the proper range to use them in is.
We correctly point out that isn't skillful or tactical, it's just common sense, and not even unique to automatics, you have to have proper positioning with most weapons.
I'm not saying it's a "noob tactic". I'm saying it doesn't even qualify as a tactic to begin with.
Quote:
they aren't firing tracking bullets
Actually they literally -Yoinking!- do. >_<
What's harder? Lining up a shot with a small crosshair, or moving a giant crosshair over someone in CQC and holding right trigger? Even if the crosshair isn't exactly centered on their body you're still doing major damage because of spread and magnetism, I mean -Yoink- I can even find clips of people doing damage when their crosshair is off to the side of someone.
Should be self evident from a few minutes of gameplay but you all love to deny the truth and pretend automatics take just as much skill as a sniper rifle does.
Quote:
got out-played
Rofl.
Quote:
Without using the terms "noob weapon" or "no skill.
"Tell me why I'm wrong without actually telling me the obvious reason why I'm wrong."
no one is saying that an AR takes sniper skills to pull of a kill, heck I even use the sniper over an AR in CQC because I prefer the small reticle over an AR any day.

my point being is Tha everyone has there own play style and Techniques' as per say a noob with no prior knowledge of halo or any fps and handing them an AR and saying go have fun and he ends up decimating the opposition because the all have precision weapons, it just would not happen

A Spartan charge and a quick spray of an AR or SMG is near a guaranteed kill in the current meta and is a viable tactic for 4v4 arena matches where its mostly CQC

my advice is just leave be and stay in your little bubble of self pity because your are using the wrong weapon for that situation

Your posts just keep getting funnier and funnier. Keep it up. I need a good laugh. Please do tell me how much skill it takes to cross map someone with a sentinel BR with Stabilizer Jets, kid or something similarly hilarious. God, I hope you're not actually serious.
why is a long barrel Br even a thing ????? Anyone have an answer to this
Without using the terms "noob weapon" or "no skill." I've seen enough of these threads and I never see good arguments coming from the anti-automatics group so let me make a public request for those specifically. After playing Halo 5 a decent bit, I honestly can't see where they're coming from. The automatics perform well at their optimal range where it makes sense. The Assault rifle is effective at close range and with some skill, medium range as well, as a jack-of-all-trades weapon should. The SMG absolutely shreds at close range but anything past maybe 15-20 meters and you need to be using smart-scope and aiming at the head to have a chance at winning. The Storm Rifle is pretty much the same as the AR but it overheats so quickly, you'd be hard pressed to win a 2v1 even if you fired first.

The competition here is the Magnum, which in my OPINION is performing outside of a sidearm's usual role, and being forced into engagements where it normally wouldn't be used in. Pistols are fallback weapons and play a secondary role to a rifle or other primary, but should never play the primary role themselves unless no other option is available. That being said, I think the magnum is performing fine in game and does not need any re-balancing. It wins most engagements when played in it's in-game role, as a medium range "rifle" and normally falls short beyond that role.

Honestly, to the people hating on automatics, I wonder if we're playing the same game when I read your threads. I've got my group's observations as well on this, but pistols can still beat the AR at close range with some consistent shot-placement and my AR gets me killed more often than not. The only occasions I win in are when I have at least a heartbeat's more time putting shots on my opponent with it or when someone closes the distance and I'm forced to fallback to the weapon more suited for the role, which in this discussion would be an AR or SMG.

On that little bit, I'll be honest and say I get a bit heated when I see people say it's a noob tactic to switch to an automatic when either you or the enemy closes the distance. I want to see the logic behind that statement because to me, it's the same as someone saying "switching to a BR when someone is a bit too far away is a noob tactic." See what I'm getting at here? It's simple logic. If someone gets close to you, and you have a weapon better suited to close range, use that one, don't sit there trying to make headshots with a Magnum or BR in things as fast-paced and frantic as CQC, it's not going to end well for you. Hell, I even feel bad when I shred someone with an SMG because I'm a defensive player, I like to keep my distance and pick off from afar, but I keep an SMG on me whenever I can find one because people like to get close to me and break that little comfort bubble, so I punish them for it with lead rain. I don't like having to do it, they don't like being on the receiving end, but they're almost always the one's that close on me.

I don't know guys, I might not be getting it, but this is all coming from a veteran Halo player that doesn't even like Halo 5. I hate the competitiveness and feel of Halo 5, I much preferred Halo 3, Reach, and even the way Halo 4 felt, but I still think Halo 5's sandbox is the most balanced one yet. Everything works well in their designated role and everything has a counter, the way every FPS game should be. Getting sprayed down by an SMG? Pistol him/her from outside his/her range. Getting picked off by a BR? Snipe them with a DMR or Sniper. Sniper giving you a headache (literally and figuratively)? Flank it and get close so that tiny reticle is a liability, it's all that simple guys, it really is, and besides the rare exception, it's like that in most FPS' across the board. Like I said, maybe I don't know what I'm talking about and everyone else knows the game better than me, let me know what you think.

Now listen to this to cool off before you type those angry responses calling me a noob- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKsEqFgKhoA
I agree with everything you've said, but the magnum isn't just some OP sidearm. It's a precision weapon that has it's advantages and disadvantages, and requires skill to use properly
It's a bit sad that some people think there's a 'noob' option.
All Spartans have preferences, some prefer close quarters, some prefer mid range, some prefer long range.
So there's no point arguing, just accept everyone's differences and move on.
I agree, I think the weapon are well balance and I use the best weapon depending on the situation
because they are over powerd
the really do lots of damge but they are a good noob wepon
i used to use them alots because i was a nood back in tha halo 3 days
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. 10
  6. 11
  7. ...
  8. 12