Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Someone Explain the Hate for Automatics

OP m0rtolife692

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 9
  4. 10
  5. 11
  6. ...
  7. 12
They think automatic weapons are 'noob' weapons, but you really need to be an experienced player to control that recoil. They hate them because they can't get kills with them.
They think automatic weapons are 'noob' weapons, but you really need to be an experienced player to control that recoil. They hate them because they can't get kills with them.
Arglactable was right, these responses do get funnier and funnier.

If I thought they were hard to use I wouldn't be calling them noob weapons.
the really do lots of damge but they are a good noob wepon
There are no 'noob' or 'pro' weapons, there is just people who knows and doesn't knows how to use them.
the really do lots of damge but they are a good noob wepon
There are no 'noob' or 'pro' weapons, there is just people who knows and doesn't knows how to use them.
So, you're saying there are no weapons whose effectiveness is established by a giant reticle, plenty of aim assist, randomized spread and recoil, and a hefty dose of bullet magnetism (automatics) or weapons with minimal aim assist, no random spread, consistent recoil, (relatively) minimal bullet magnetism that require players to keep a much smaller reticle on target for 4 shots and a head shot (the Magnum)?

Oh, no. You're just suggesting that people don't understand how to use spray and pray weapons. I'm afraid you're mistaken. If you had read the thread prior to posting, you might notice that others have already made your worthless, ignorant response and you could have saved us all some time and bandwidth by not typing this stupid nonsense. Anyone with thumbs and a barely functional brain can figure out how to use a bullet hose. We're talking about the execution skill that precision weapons ideally have and automatics never, ever will.

-Yoink- me. Posts like this make it so hard to censor my language for the Halo Safe Space.
I swear, one day someone is going to start throwing -Yoink- around about how the Rocket Launcher is overpowered for being a one hit kill in cases where it isn't a direct hit.
Without using the terms "noob weapon" or "no skill." I've seen enough of these threads and I never see good arguments coming from the anti-automatics group so let me make a public request for those specifically. After playing Halo 5 a decent bit, I honestly can't see where they're coming from. The automatics perform well at their optimal range where it makes sense. The Assault rifle is effective at close range and with some skill, medium range as well, as a jack-of-all-trades weapon should. The SMG absolutely shreds at close range but anything past maybe 15-20 meters and you need to be using smart-scope and aiming at the head to have a chance at winning. The Storm Rifle is pretty much the same as the AR but it overheats so quickly, you'd be hard pressed to win a 2v1 even if you fired first.
Ok I'm not even going to read past your first paragraph because that's all I could take to see that you don't know what you're talking about.

I don't know if you've played previous Halos, but your comment that you've played Halo 5 "a decent bit" gives me the thought you haven't. Remember, Halo has never been based on reality and the Assault Rifle has never been called the "jack-of-all-trades weapon". In original Halo's, the assault rifle had a much different role than it does in Halo today. It was a starting weapon. You could get kills with it, but more often you wanted to change it out for something better. In Halo today, the difference between an assault rifle is so insignificant because of how much stronger it is, that it's not a big priority to utilize other weapons anymore. This takes away many aspects of Halo's foundational gameplay that were enjoyable to many such as weapon control, skill and strategy. It basically dumbs Halo down to those of us who learned the skill of the game.

In reference to your automatic weapons comment, maybe a bit of advice; it is not very wise to aim for the head when using assault weapons. It takes longer to kill because not nearly as many bullets are hitting your enemy as when you aim for the body; a much larger target. The Storm Rifle is not the same as the AR. It kills enemies much faster. I would argue it is the best automatic weapon in Arena (where the SAW is not available). You can easily win a 2v1 if you fired first because of how fast it kills. You just need to play smart and not let it overheat. But I'll let you figure out how to do that on your own :)
They think automatic weapons are 'noob' weapons, but you really need to be an experienced player to control that recoil. They hate them because they can't get kills with them.
I don't know who the "them" is that you're referring to, but I actually dislike them because of how easy it is to get kills with them.
the really do lots of damge but they are a good noob wepon
There are no 'noob' or 'pro' weapons, there is just people who knows and doesn't knows how to use them.
So, you're saying there are no weapons whose effectiveness is established by a giant reticle, plenty of aim assist, randomized spread and recoil, and a hefty dose of bullet magnetism (automatics) or weapons with minimal aim assist, no random spread, consistent recoil, (relatively) minimal bullet magnetism that require players to keep a much smaller reticle on target for 4 shots and a head shot (the Magnum)?

I wouldn't even give the Magnum that much skill credit. It has just as much aim assist (your aim assist is the same for any weapon), the spread, or precision rather, is unrealistically accurate (you can shoot is as fast as you want in any scenario and your bullets will hit the exact same spot from a mile away), and the bullet magnetism is also relatively the same (anything close to the hit box will pull towards your opponent with any weapon. The reticle doesn't even have to be lit).

It does take more skill to aim a precision weapon than an automatic for sure, but that doesn't negate the fact that the magnum has received it's healthy dose of noob powder as well.
You can't get a triple kill without the trusty old AR.
Been my favourite since Halo CE, still a powerhouse to this day; if anything is no skill it's that 5 shot kill magnum.
You can't get a triple kill without the trusty old AR.
Been my favourite since Halo CE, still a powerhouse to this day; if anything is no skill it's that 5 shot kill magnum.
^lol people honestly believe this

So a hose that sprays a stream in a wide cone takes skill but a slow firing precision gun with a tiny reticle doesn't

going by that logic, the Saw would take the most skill and the sniper would take the least.
gethtones wrote:
You can't get a triple kill without the trusty old AR.
Been my favourite since Halo CE, still a powerhouse to this day; if anything is no skill it's that 5 shot kill magnum.
^lol people honestly believe this

So a hose that sprays a stream in a wide cone takes skill but a slow firing precision gun doesn't

going by that logic, the Saw would take the most skill and the sniper would take the least.
Imagine the Flame Thrower from CE or Halo 3.
Wide cone and a contiuous stream of liquid pouring out, not individual bullets.
Naqser wrote:
gethtones wrote:
You can't get a triple kill without the trusty old AR.
Been my favourite since Halo CE, still a powerhouse to this day; if anything is no skill it's that 5 shot kill magnum.
^lol people honestly believe this

So a hose that sprays a stream in a wide cone takes skill but a slow firing precision gun doesn't

going by that logic, the Saw would take the most skill and the sniper would take the least.
Imagine the Flame Thrower from CE or Halo 3.
Wide cone and a contiuous stream of liquid pouring out, not individual bullets.
it's a stream of bullets, if one or two miss, it's not that big of a deal. As long as the reticle is sort of on the enemy, SOME damage is gonna be dealt.

with the pistol, with its high accuracy and slower fire rate, a single miss and a huge amount of time has gone by during which you did zero damage.

I dont have a problem with automatics in this game and I use them a lot but when people say they take more skill than the Magnum or other precision guns, that's just ridiculous.
The Marines in warzone do a better job at using ARs than me lol.
VV0NDERBOY wrote:
the really do lots of damge but they are a good noob wepon
There are no 'noob' or 'pro' weapons, there is just people who knows and doesn't knows how to use them.
So, you're saying there are no weapons whose effectiveness is established by a giant reticle, plenty of aim assist, randomized spread and recoil, and a hefty dose of bullet magnetism (automatics) or weapons with minimal aim assist, no random spread, consistent recoil, (relatively) minimal bullet magnetism that require players to keep a much smaller reticle on target for 4 shots and a head shot (the Magnum)?

I wouldn't even give the Magnum that much skill credit. It has just as much aim assist (your aim assist is the same for any weapon), the spread, or precision rather, is unrealistically accurate (you can shoot is as fast as you want in any scenario and your bullets will hit the exact same spot from a mile away), and the bullet magnetism is also relatively the same (anything close to the hit box will pull towards your opponent with any weapon. The reticle doesn't even have to be lit).

It does take more skill to aim a precision weapon than an automatic for sure, but that doesn't negate the fact that the magnum has received it's healthy dose of noob powder as well.
I would love some confirmation of this bold text, because I'm pretty sure that is not the case. Same goes for the bullet magnetism (which directly relates to reticle size and red reticle range). I know for a fact that aim assist and bullet magnetism strength can be adjusted for each weapon individually. This was demonstrated in the Sprint and can be seen very easily in-game. The sniper, for example, very obviously has less aim assist (reticle magnetism, if you will), but incredibly high bullet magnetism. This is extremely easy to verify. With regards to difficult, I'm not saying that the H5 Magnum is the most difficult weapon ever. It's not even the most difficult Magnum featured in a Halo game. It is, however, pretty much the most difficult weapon to aim in H5 (barring, arguably, the sniper). It's a matter of context.

As for the spread, I'm not really sure what your point is. Halo is heavily influenced by Arena shooters. Barring something like CS's spread patterns, which really would not fit Halo or any arena shooter at all, pin point accurate weapons that don't over compensate for -Yoink- aim are the way to go. Preferably with actual projectiles with momentum and travel time in favor of hit-scan. You also point out that Halo is has never been about realism in an earlier post, which is confusing.
gethtones wrote:
Naqser wrote:
gethtones wrote:
You can't get a triple kill without the trusty old AR.
Been my favourite since Halo CE, still a powerhouse to this day; if anything is no skill it's that 5 shot kill magnum.
^lol people honestly believe this

So a hose that sprays a stream in a wide cone takes skill but a slow firing precision gun doesn't

going by that logic, the Saw would take the most skill and the sniper would take the least.
Imagine the Flame Thrower from CE or Halo 3.
Wide cone and a contiuous stream of liquid pouring out, not individual bullets.
it's a stream of bullets, if one or two miss, it's not that big of a deal. As long as the reticle is sort of on the enemy, SOME damage is gonna be dealt.

with the pistol, with its high accuracy and slower fire rate, a single miss and a huge amount of time has gone by during which you did zero damage.

I dont have a problem with automatics in this game and I use them a lot but when people say they take more skill than the Magnum or other precision guns, that's just ridiculous.
I've explained the exact same thing, or I meant to, a few pages back.

What I meant was that if a bullet hose, that actually pulse out the bullets, is considered skillful, then imagine a weapon that shoot out a liquid as a steady stream, not pulses.
Because generally the player's that use autos are hiding then jump and spray.
It's like the dam campers with shotgun.
There's no time to counter and at some point it's frustrating.
Can't you guys think which weapons you think is best to use depending on the situation before jumping into combat
Why complain about weapon variety? If you want everything to be about "skill" then make a blank grey box in forge and play customs with only BRs to show off your mad skills. BRs being king is as boring as Halo 2 was.
The Automatics are complete noob weapons. I understand the fast kill times in CQC, they're reasonable. But automatics are pure retardedness with Smart-Scope. Like, you're RRR is longer than the unscoped version of a Magnum. And good luck getting a scope on with the magnum while being fired by a AR, which probably means you're gonna miss maybe 2-3 out of the 5 shots to kill, and you'll probably end up dead.

I'm not getting -Yoink- on by Automatics for most of the time, i do know how to play against them so don't lecture me. But please acknowledge the absurd range these guns have(with smart-scope especially).

Also, people who offers weapon balancing advice from a warzone-POV can just go to bed or something. If i play warzone, i do not give a single -Yoink- about how many times i die or what weapons are broken, arena on the other hand, needs a bit of an overhaul.
I hope one day, when all the new players here have learned how to play well and understand the game better, I hope they come back and read some of the stuff they're posting about game balance. Many of you will be embarrassed by your opinions right now.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 9
  4. 10
  5. 11
  6. ...
  7. 12