4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 12
Quote:
Quote:
Pistols can beat the AR with consistent shot placement.
AR Killtimes:
1.1 (Headshot) and 1.5 (Body)
Pistol Killtimes
1.57 (Headshot) and 2.2 (Body)
If you have perfect accuracy and the AR user somehow can't get the ridiculously easy to obtain 1.1s minimum killtime then yeah, it's theoretically possible, albeit extremely unlikely.
The SMG and Storm Rifle have a 1.03s bodyshot killtime. It's literally impossible for a Magnum user to defeat that even with perfect aim.
You realize that's at close distance, I honestly hope your not charging someone with a pistol, and I don't think automatics can get headshots (because if they do, I never see anyone bother.) So the AR can get headshots nice to know.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
PurityGuy wrote:
The "competitive" players think they own the game, and that anything they disagree with = Hitler.

So let them whine.
I agree... its just a game
Going to make a forum titled, "autos are too underpowered they have no range"
Quote:
Quote:
AR Killtimes:
Pistol Killtimes
If you have perfect accuracy and the AR user somehow can't get the ridiculously easy to obtain 1.1s minimum killtime then yeah, it's theoretically possible, albeit extremely unlikely.
The SMG and Storm Rifle have a 1.03s bodyshot killtime. It's literally impossible for a Magnum user to defeat that even with perfect aim.
You realize that's at close distance, I honestly hope your not charging someone with a pistol, and I don't think automatics can get headshots (because if they do, I never see anyone bother.) So the AR can get headshots nice to know.
The autos in Halo 5 have headshot multipliers, if you land a headshot with an auto it won't necessarily kill, but it will multiply the damage you deal.
Because non-automatic weapons take more skill to use?
In a sense yes because of the play style and more times it'll be the thing that kills you but automatic weapons take skill as well and if used correctly can win a fight if you skillfully move in closer
It's all about the fact that some people cant accepr the change.
You can't play the same game for 10 years! Wake up!
I'm unsure what this argument is all about?

Are people saying if you use an AR your -Yoink-? Because thats dumb as -Yoink-. Any smart player will use any means necessary to win the game. If your not going to use a weapon because "its a noob gun" then you might as well play with a blindfold.

Yeah its annoying getting out gunned but i'v played enough to say most my encounters are balanced and fair. Pistons reck me from a distance if i have an AR out. and i shred them if they are in my range?

Its just people crying because they are losing battle thats all. Halo 5's balancing is spot on. the game plays just fine!
I'm just post a solution to the automatics here which is remove the side to side recoil on them.
Quote:
Quote:
AR Killtimes:
Pistol Killtimes
The autos in Halo 5 have headshot multipliers, if you land a headshot with an auto it won't necessarily kill, but it will multiply the damage you deal.
Can you back this up with evidence because i'm not convinced.
This is coming from a halo vet
there is nothing wrong with autos and I don't see how marksman weapons like dmr, battle rifle, magnum, carbine, light rifle take skill just like with reach aim for head
Oh..I don't know.. Good aim?
good aim is skill please let me say again aim for head shoot 3-4 times boom your done

that's not skill its standard shooting in the head is an efficient way of kills it doesn't take skill
It's not about playing the same game for 10 years, nobody wants that. We want a game that is fair, and balanced and embodies what older Halo's did, that made those games so popular. Why is that so wrong? Halo had it's own unique identity, whilst the majority of shooters had gameplay that had high TTKs and uber powerful automatics. Halo was unique in that its gameplay was methodical and not as fast paced (not that it mattered, though, in the heat of combat everything felt fast paced). Halo 5 could be perfect, but as it is, there are too many mechanics and weapons that have absolutely no way to be countered intelligently or at all... Save for seeing somebody first.
In a sense yes because of the play style and more times it'll be the thing that kills you but automatic weapons take skill as well and if used correctly can win a fight if you skillfully move in closer
How do they take skill? That is to say, what unique skills are there to using automatic weapons that there aren't to using other weapons? Certainly, automatic weapons are universally easier to aim than precision weapons, so it can't be that. Positioning? That's important with every weapon. You're not going to bring a sniper rifle to a knife fight. So, what is the skill with automatics that compensates enough for the lack of aiming required to bring them on par with precision weapons?

Saying "automatic weapons take skill" without telling how is meaningless. You would need to give some justification what makes them worthwile.
Why can't you? Some of the most competitive games are fighting games that have been out since the mid to late 90's. They are 100x more competitive than Halo and some of them have been played for about 20 years and have decently large communities. Smash Melee is going on 15 years old and it is extremely popular and has a very loyal and large player base. Counter Strike is more or less the same game that it's been since 1999, and is the most competitive and popular FPS in the world.
I love the variety tbh.. it can't be pistols and BR's all day.
tsassi wrote:
How do they take skill? That is to say, what unique skills are there to using automatic weapons that there aren't to using other weapons? Certainly, automatic weapons are universally easier to aim than precision weapons, so it can't be that. Positioning? That's important with every weapon. You're not going to win a sniper rifle to a knife fight. So, what is the skill with automatics that compensates enough for the lack of aiming required to bring them on par with precision weapons?

Saying "automatic weapons take skill" without telling how is meaningless. You would need to give some justification what makes them worthwile.
ROASTED
there is nothing wrong with autos and I don't see how marksman weapons like dmr, battle rifle, magnum, carbine, light rifle take skill just like with reach aim for head boom done
where as autos its aim for what ever and make the enemy fall back, break shields to line up shots for a teammate with said marksman weapon or help with melee.

I think people are just complaining too much about autos because they either get killed by it ALOT or they de-synced out of smart scope by an auto ALOT
You're right. Autos are not OP in fact they make a reasonable amount of damage.Look at the good ol CE ar. It killed fast.so did the halo2 and halo3 AR s. In halo 4 they lowered ar damage and now they brought it back up. BUT EVERYONE LOSES THERE MINDS
Halo 2 didn't have an AR and the Halo 4 AR is much stronger than the Halo 3 and Halo Reach equivalents. They made a point to talk about that in Halo 4's marketing. I don't think that you've ever played those games...
halo2 A had the ar but not halo 2 and I have to admit the halo 4 ar was a tad bit stronger than halo 3 and halo 3 invented the one two combo with ar and punch
I actually really like automatics. In ce i made sure always have one on me. And the needler is my favorite weapon.
there is nothing wrong with autos and I don't see how marksman weapons like dmr, battle rifle, magnum, carbine, light rifle take skill just like with reach aim for head
Oh..I don't know.. Good aim?
good aim is skill please let me say again aim for head shoot 3-4 times boom your done

that's not skill its standard shooting in the head is an efficient way of kills it doesn't take skill
That is skill. It is skill because the head is a much smaller surface to aim for and combine that with all the different methods of movement and the reduced aim assist/magnetism and you will find, that simply shooting someone in the head "3-4 times" and killing them does not always happen, if at all for most players. By design automatics are meant to be easier to use than precisions, that is a fact, which is why in previous Halos they could not contend with precisions save for CQC. That was the style of gameplay that was imagined during the development of Halo, but now it dwindles... There is almost no point using a precision weapon in most scenarios, autos just do their job (the job of precisions) better, unless you are literally on the other side of the map you will lose most fights with an automatic.
Ramir3z77 wrote:
Quote:
Please elaborate on why this is bad? Aren't all guns in the end hold shoot button??
Alright then. Go wreck people with the Sniper Rifle in CQC.
Such inane responses. Almost makes me not want to bother.
Quote:
Pistols are Sidearms.
Pistols are whatever the hell the developer makes them out to be. Complete non-sequitur.
Quote:
AR Killtimes:
Pistol Killtimes
Quote:
People say it's a noob tactic to pull out automatics in CQC.
No.
Some guy defends automatics by saying they take skill solely because you have to know what the proper range to use them in is.
We correctly point out that isn't skillful or tactical, it's just common sense, and not even unique to automatics, you have to have proper positioning with most weapons.
I'm not saying it's a "noob tactic". I'm saying it doesn't even qualify as a tactic to begin with.
Quote:
they aren't firing tracking bullets
Actually they literally -Yoinking!- do. >_<
What's harder? Lining up a shot with a small crosshair, or moving a giant crosshair over someone in CQC and holding right trigger? Even if the crosshair isn't exactly centered on their body you're still doing major damage because of spread and magnetism, I mean -Yoink- I can even find clips of people doing damage when their crosshair is off to the side of someone.
Should be self evident from a few minutes of gameplay but you all love to deny the truth and pretend automatics take just as much skill as a sniper rifle does.
Quote:
got out-played
Rofl.
Quote:
Without using the terms "noob weapon" or "no skill.
"Tell me why I'm wrong without actually telling me the obvious reason why I'm wrong."
Did anyone actually read all of it- I did; I think the guy has justified his opinion very effectively!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 12