Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Something I've been thinking about in WZFF...

OP G R A V O C

Hey guys, so I keep seeing such mixed statements about WZFF. Either people complain that it's OP and that they lose 5 or more games in a row or that it is too easy and that it's a giant goose chase for who can manage to get the most kills to best ultilize their boosts.

So that got me thinking. Is WZFF difficulty scaled, like at all? Is a group of SR 10's facing the same difficulty of AI as a group of SR 100's with ALOT more available REQ's and ALOT more experience?

Based on what I've read on the forums - Matchmaking for Warzone is a combination of SR and unlocked REQ's. Which I have noticed personally as people in my WZFF lobbies are similar SR level and call in similar REQ rarities as I.

So would this mean that WZFF gets easier and easier as my REQ Collection grows and my SR rank increases?

Maybe we can get some testimonies from various ranked players and see how their usual WZFF game goes in order to test this.

Thoughts?
SR 146 here, never lose wzff, everyone calls in god tier reqs continuously
SR 146 here, never lose wzff, everyone calls in god tier reqs continuously
Interesting. I'm only SR53, and my typical WZFF is low level hogs and ghosts driving around. Tanks are averagely spawned, and Mantis or Helios is a very rare sight. I will have a lot of round 5 Warden waves where people are trying to kill the Warden with Battlerifles and melee.

Edit: Banshee's are also really rare and I have yet to see any Banshee ultras flying.
Hey guys, so I keep seeing such mixed statements about WZFF. Either people complain that it's OP and that they lose 5 or more games in a row or that it is too easy and that it's a giant goose chase for who can manage to get the most kills to best ultilize their boosts.

So that got me thinking. Is WZFF difficulty scaled, like at all? Is a group of SR 10's facing the same difficulty of AI as a group of SR 100's with ALOT more available REQ's and ALOT more experience?

Based on what I've read on the forums - Matchmaking for Warzone is a combination of SR and unlocked REQ's. Which I have noticed personally as people in my WZFF lobbies are similar SR level and call in similar REQ rarities as I.

So would this mean that WZFF gets easier and easier as my REQ Collection grows and my SR rank increases?

Maybe we can get some testimonies from various ranked players and see how their usual WZFF game goes in order to test this.

Thoughts?
I go in by myself alot and I usually have the most kills because I actually call in vehicle reqs,but it is in no way easy

Thoughts?
I go in by myself alot and I usually have the most kills because I actually call in vehicle reqs,but it is in no way easy
Mind if I ask what your SR is? I'm SR 53 and people in my lobbies will pull out some vehicles but not a lot

Thoughts?
Mind if I ask what your SR is? I'm SR 53 and people in my lobbies will pull out some vehicles but not a lot
I'm at level 147, and go in mostly solo. I have seen every level thrown in. I have seen up to three players above 100 at a time. While playing, I hold off calling in the big REQ's until I see others use them. That's when I pull them out.

Thoughts?
Vehicles are the only way you can win in WZFF. The enemies take too much damage to spawn power weapons... you will blow through REQ's and ammo quicker than you can kill enemies. Vehicles can get splatter kills and have unlimited ammo. Warthog in round 1 (depending on the map, some its easier to just use magnum), ghost in round 2, hopefully wraith by 3, sometimes tank if you're doing well enough. But once you get the tank keep it, it's the easiest thing to stay alive in and get the most kills with IMO.

Thoughts?
I'm in the same boat. Play solo and I don't hesitate on calling in REQs at all.
SR 149, but that's just game time, my skills are modest. Shed loads of REQ's. Correct Req choice and spawn point is essential to winning (e.g round 5 apex, sprint/man cannon to blue base and req a scorpion - that way you can duck shoot if it's the beach objective or come at Pipap from the good side)

Won 8, lost 3 WZFF matches yesterday. I solo queue. I frequently see multiple vehicles and in fact couldn't req a vehicle at one point yesterday due to the cap being reached.

I search for games on balanced. My theory is that when I search on focussed, I get thrown in with lower level players with similar kd ratio to me. Lower level players generally don't have the REQ's which are necessary to win.

if I see 3-4 players using REQ's well, I expect to win.
SR 19 and go in mostly in teamwork, cuz thats what WZ is, TEAMWORK.

But recently i have lose 5 or more games in a row.

On my second account, i lose 3 games in a row.

have seen how people dont know when is the best momento for use req vehicles.

Chivas
SR 92 the only thing people seem to spawn in is nothing but scorpions.
The biggest thing I've noticed is what time I'm playing.

If it's a 3 am-6am on a school day, my fellow night owls and I tend to crush it. If a loss happens, a w is almost always the next one. If it's a weekend on the afternoon, there's generally 4-5 losses in a row as noone is calling in vehicle reqs or just doing stupid things.

That's not to say all kiddies are trash, but the noobs and losses tend to go up during that time.
It varies on when I play, but I see a lot of ranges from SR level in a match. From level 2-149 on done matches.
Apart from not calling in reqs ( which is a sure way to lose) but not calling in the right ones at the right time is, something I see a lot. Sometimes you might have a vehicle from the round before that isn't helpful in the new round, but other times I see someone bringing in reqs that aren't helpful at that point. In guilty of it once in awhile but I see it a lot. No sense in a tank if you can't get to the enemy behind that building or a banshee when the enemy is inside.
Bringing in low level vehicles are useful when splattering small enemies ( watch out for teammates! Guilty of that one to) I was Scouthogs for promethean.
Not all power or loadout weapons are useless, but using the right one for the occasion makes a difference. Example...wardens on top of the temple, plasma caster works wonders, or if you can manage to get a vehicle up there ( drive up stairs and try and jump onto platform, worked with rocket hog!) shooting down enemy vehicles?...Railguns, Spartan laser or plasma pistol works.
I suppose SR can be a factor, since a higher rank means you've played enough to have a stash of REQ cards handy. FF really depends on your teammates and their willingness to use REQs. Some people play FF as a warm up round before going into Arena or WZ. So they won't really use REQs even though they have them.