Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Spam is still an issue

OP DustyDogmondu

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I am not sure how others feel about this but I still think nade spamming is an issue in Halo 5. They made changes to the nades in an update but it feels as if they buffed the frag grenade. I think gameplay would be more enjoyable if they decreased nade pickups on maps. I will be sitting in basement and some dude throws in five frags, two stickies and two splinter nades, basically just nukes that whole area of the map. Not a whole lot of skill in that.
the only thing i try to do is to keep moving. I have the same opportunity to pick up nades as the enemy. It is an aspect of the game that has taken some getting used to for sure.

Personally it doesn't feel like anyone has infinite nades. If someone throws one, i either engage them or escape from them.
I'm gonna be that guy.

Don't sit in the basement. Or anywhere.

Halo has always been about continuous movement and action. You're being penalized for your playstyle accordingly.
I am not sure how others feel about this but I still think nade spamming is an issue in Halo 5. They made changes to the nades in an update but it feels as if they buffed the frag grenade. I think gameplay would be more enjoyable if they decreased nade pickups on maps. I will be sitting in basement and some dude throws in five frags, two stickies and two splinter nades, basically just nukes that whole area of the map. Not a whole lot of skill in that.
I completely agree with you. At least reduce the number of nades availible. Maps like molten become a nade fest.
I often try to jump to minimize my chances of getting hit by grenades. But yeah, getting bombarded is a nightmare in a tight spot.
This is mostly the case with any Halo game. The grenades are much easier to avoid now then they were pre-tuning update though, due to the reduced blast radius. You just have to keep yourself a little more mobile.
I think youre just looking for reasons to complain. If you want to see nuke grenades play Combat Evolved and compare to H5. Night and day difference.
Its the worst in the halo 3 playlist
I'm gonna be that guy.

Halo has always been about continuous movement and action. You're being penalized for your playstyle accordingly.
I typically don't stay in one spot. But sometimes I am forced undercover or pinned down then instead of the enemy team coming in take me on in a fight they just nade spam. Mobility isn't always the best option, there are times to move and times to stay put.
I think youre just looking for reasons to complain. If you want to see nuke grenades play Combat Evolved and compare to H5. Night and day difference.
I try not to complain. I hoped the update would fix it but it didn't. I waited this long to even bring it up because I wanted be sure I wasn't headcasing it and that it was happening consistently enough to be an issue.
I'm gonna be that guy.

I typically don't stay in one spot. But sometimes I am forced undercover or pinned down then instead of the enemy team coming in take me on in a fight they just nade spam. Mobility isn't always the best option, there are times to move and times to stay put.
Well that's just basic strategy. Why take on an enemy that can reverse you rather than getting an easy nade kill
Its the worst in the halo 3 playlist
Yeah I don't play that playlist too much but the lack of movement would compound the issue further.
I'm gonna be that guy.

Well that's just basic strategy. Why take on an enemy that can reverse you rather than getting an easy nade kill
Don't get me wrong, I do the same all the time. It's part of the game. I just wish that the nades require a little more skill to use rather than just chucking a bucketful to get a kill cause you know you go get more. I get killed by well placed nades all day, doesn't bother me, it's the fact that the amount of nades available on map allows people to use them carelessly
I'm gonna be that guy.

Don't get me wrong, I do the same all the time. It's part of the game. I just wish that the nades require a little more skill to use rather than just chucking a bucketful to get a kill cause you know you go get more. I get killed by well placed nades all day, doesn't bother me, it's the fact that the amount of nades available on map allows people to use them carelessly
I personally found that a well placed nade will always work better than random nades at people.
I'm gonna be that guy.

See now, here's the thing. That's the game mechanics. I absolutely love being able to throw a precise nade across the map at someone hiding in the corner. It's a skillshot. If you hide in an area that's easy to nade, that's your own fault.
they definitely nerfed the frag's area of effect, you can go back and look at the patch notes..
I'm gonna be that guy.

It already requires skill to use since H4. In the classic halos it was way too easy to get a nade kill or stick a plasma grenade.
I am not sure how others feel about this but I still think not having enough grenades is an issue in Halo 5. They made changes to the nades in an update but it feels as if they reduced the effectiveness of the frag grenade and they should put it back if not buff them a little more. I think game play would be more enjoyable if they increased nade pickups on maps and allowed us to carry more grenades. Three of each type (maybe with spike and incendiary thrown in) would be nice. I want to be sitting in basement and some dude throws in five frags, two stickies and two splinter nades, basically just nukes that whole area of the map. I want that person to continue to show skill by managing to get more grenades than is actually possible and finding my camping spot.
FIxed that for ya. Plus you must not remember CE Nades....just saying
To be completely honest with you, I don’t know what 343 was thinking while designing the small and tight Arena maps while at the same time designing the frag nuke.

But hey, at least nades are usable now. For me at least.
Don't stay in the basement then.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2