Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Spam is still an issue

OP DustyDogmondu

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
They are grenades. They are supposed to do a lot of damage. At least they aren't one hit kills like in cod. Even though that would be more believable
They are grenades. They are supposed to do a lot of damage. At least they aren't one hit kills like in cod. Even though that would be more believable
At least in CoD, you have the option to toss them back to counteract their damage output. It could work in Halo as well, though I'm unsure how I'd feel about grabbing a primed Plasma Grenade with my hands.
HaXoR73 wrote:
At least in CoD, you have the option to toss them back to counteract their damage output. It could work in Halo as well, though I'm unsure how I'd feel about grabbing a primed Plasma Grenade with my hands.
I would be happy with them adding the option to toss back grenades, but the window would need to be short since halo doesn't allow players to cook the grenades
HaXoR73 wrote:
I would be happy with them adding the option to toss back grenades, but the window would need to be short since halo doesn't allow players to cook the grenades
It could be possible to catch them in midair flight; you'd need to have good reactions to snatch them and toss it elsewhere or you'll blow your pants off.
Yeah I have never quite understood this argument in Halo 5 since grenade spamming, as you call it, has been a part of Halo since the beginning. They don't need to reduce the amount of grenades, but I wouldn't mind them changing the damage done back to what it was.
i don't believe the "toss back" option would be a good addition to halo games in general. If you want a COD "realistic" game, go play COD. Next people will be asking for the ability to go prone instead of just crouching. I understand that Halo is evolving and game engines are getting better, but i believe there needs to be a fine line between Halo, GoW, and COD
I'm gonna be that guy.

Don't sit in the basement. Or anywhere.

Halo has always been about continuous movement and action. You're being penalized for your playstyle accordingly.
I typically don't stay in one spot. But sometimes I am forced undercover or pinned down then instead of the enemy team coming in take me on in a fight they just nade spam. Mobility isn't always the best option, there are times to move and times to stay put.
See now, here's the thing. That's the game mechanics. I absolutely love being able to throw a precise nade across the map at someone hiding in the corner. It's a skillshot. If you hide in an area that's easy to nade, that's your own fault.
You guys misunderstand my point. well placed nades don't bother me. Its when someone is just repeatedly throwing all there nades in one area to kill someone cause they know they can go get more nades. the amount of nades on the map allow people to be careless with them and just hand them out like candy.
i don't believe the "toss back" option would be a good addition to halo games in general. If you want a COD "realistic" game, go play COD. Next people will be asking for the ability to go prone instead of just crouching. I understand that Halo is evolving and game engines are getting better, but i believe there needs to be a fine line between Halo, GoW, and COD
not talking about tossing back nades, just think the number of nades that spawn on the map should be decreased. less nades to use would promote better placed nades rather than spamming them carelessly. Which would just lead to better overall gameplay.
not talking about tossing back nades, just think the number of nades that spawn on the map should be decreased. less nades to use would promote better placed nades rather than spamming them carelessly. Which would just lead to better overall gameplay.
I know 75%+ of the nades i pick up and 90%+ of the frags are from dead bodies. I guess you could reduce the despawn time on dropped nades to help this out. I just don't see it as a huge issue.

Edit: Also congrats on the 152, hard work to get there i know.
Really spam isn’t as big of a deal if you want to complain play halo ce the gernades are basically mini nukes and you can hold 4 of each gernade so yeah and about a option to throw gernades back yeah no thanks I would prefer if halo didn’t copy cod again
the whole purpose of grenades is to stop people from running into cover, recklessly running into an area the enemy predicted you moving into, and stop people from staying in one area. if you are dieing to grenades you have made a mistake somewhere.
I know 75%+ of the nades i pick up and 90%+ of the frags are from dead bodies. I guess you could reduce the despawn time on dropped nades to help this out. I just don't see it as a huge issue.

Edit: Also congrats on the 152, hard work to get there i know.
Yeah it could just be me headcasing it, I was just curious if others out there feel the same way or not. Judging from the responses its not an issue.
Thanks, it took nearly two years but finally got it.
Grenades basically are to stop camping so maybe you should move around more and use your thruster pack more
I disagree. There aren't that many grenades on the map and if you don't camp they aren't really a problem. I would like to see video of one player throwing 9 grenades in one short time frame. Perhaps there was more than one player?
I have four Platinum packs... If we match in a game send me a quick message in game saying I see you or something (so I can verify we did match) and a friend request so I can gift you a pack. You don't have to keep me as a "friend" as I am a solo player.
It’s honestly the only thing I hate more in this game than spartan charge
LethalQ wrote:
I disagree. There aren't that many grenades on the map and if you don't camp they aren't really a problem. I would like to see video of one player throwing 9 grenades in one short time frame. Perhaps there was more than one player?
That’s what people are upset about (mostly) it’s not spam from one guy. I can’t remember how many times I’ll die from or have some play in by a gernade. It’s because you spawn with 2 Jesus nades that hit you from half war across the map!!! Honestly if they decreased it to 1 nade per respawn instead of 2 I’d be happy
LethalQ wrote:
That’s what people are upset about (mostly) it’s not spam from one guy. I can’t remember how many times I’ll die from or have some play in by a gernade. It’s because you spawn with 2 Jesus nades that hit you from half war across the map!!! Honestly if they decreased it to 1 nade per respawn instead of 2 I’d be happy
I think two is fine . Perhaps the OP shouldn't have "spammed" his grenades and saved them for a tactical moment as the other player/players did.
I have four Platinum packs... If we match in a game send me a quick message in game saying I see you or something (so I can verify we did match) and a friend request so I can gift you a pack. You don't have to keep me as a "friend" as I am a solo player.
It’s not to often I see it when I do the nades go every where (compensating for poor grenade throws?)
Grenades are being used the way they are supposed to be used. Somebody is hiding behind cover, so you toss a little ball next to them which explodes in his face. If you hide in a spot which is easy to nade, don't be surprised when you die.
I never camp yet I feel I die to grenades way too much. If I knew how to fix it I would.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2