Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Spartan Abilities - Halo 5

OP JakeisCake04

Spartan Abilities
There are quite a few Spartan Abilities in Halo 5, for example: Spartan Charge, Ground Pound, Clamber, Sprint, Slide, Thruster, and Stabilize. This helps with enhanced mobility methods. If you could only choose two to keep in the game, which ones would it be?
Unity
Spartan AbilitiesThere are quite a few Spartan Abilities in Halo 5, for example: Spartan Charge, Ground Pound, Clamber, Sprint, Slide, Thruster, and Stabilize. This helps with enhanced mobility methods. If you could only choose two to keep in the game, which ones would it be?
Unity
Not related to the topic, but once you reach a certain rank on the forums you can put a signature, you shouldn’t be manually doing it.

Related to the topic, Sprint and Clamber.
Spartan AbilitiesThere are quite a few Spartan Abilities in Halo 5, for example: Spartan Charge, Ground Pound, Clamber, Sprint, Slide, Thruster, and Stabilize. This helps with enhanced mobility methods. If you could only choose two to keep in the game, which ones would it be?
Unity
Not related to the topic, but once you reach a certain rank on the forums you can put a signature, you shouldn’t be manually doing it.
Why not? I am just putting my Spartan Company there so people can see it and join it if they want to. Also this topic should be discussed on topic.
Unity
I’d keep Sprint & Stabilise. Everything else can go as far as I’m concerned. I like keeping the gameplay down to basic gun skill. Charging and Pounding just feels a bit cheap to me.
Unity

Forum Signatures are unlocked at Spartan Rank which is quite difficult to get... (requires a minimum of 6,000 posts for the forum signature unlock)...it’s not a big deal to just include it in the post..as far as I’m aware.
TheDonCJG wrote:
Unity
I’d keep Sprint & Stabilise. Everything else can go as far as I’m concerned. I like keeping the gameplay down to basic gun skill. Charging and Pounding just feels a bit cheap to me.
Unity

Forum Signatures are unlocked at Spartan Rank which is quite difficult to get... (requires a minimum of 6,000 posts for the forum signature unlock)...it’s not a big deal to just include it in the post..as far as I’m aware.
Oh I was just putting in the Unity link.
TheDonCJG wrote:
Unity
Unity

I agree with you Don, I do agree that charge and pound are pretty cheap.
TheDonCJG wrote:
Unity
Unity

The Unity link is awesome, I love & appreciate the effort! Keep on going by all means!

When you reach Spartan rank on the forums you can set it to be a permanent feature under all of your posts. Just takes a while to get there
TheDonCJG wrote:
TheDonCJG wrote:
Unity
Unity

The Unity link is awesome, I love & appreciate the effort! Keep on going by all means!

When you reach Spartan rank on the forums you can set it to be a permanent feature under all of your posts. Just takes a while to get there
Yeah it does! Thanks Don, I love to support our company in any way I can!
Thruster and Stabilize as they ruin the game the least.
Thruster and Stabilize as they ruin the game the least.
I agree
Unity
Sprint, slide, and clamber shouldn't even be considered abilities imo. I know they aren't classic halo formula...but to call them advanced features...I mean come on..(not specifically saying you're the one to call them that since you're just calling them what they're called in the game, just stating that the fact that they're even called abilities has always kinda seemed wrong to me. )

but I'd like thruster and stabilize. If the movement speed is adequate then an actual sprint button isn't needed. If it's needed, then I'd like everything excluding ground pound and spartan charge. The only thing I like about spartan charge in halo 5 is the extended charge button combo. If there's advanced moves like that in a game, it would be kind of cool if it could only be done via a special input combo. Not a straight forward press melee while running. However, it is one of the new things I hate in h5. Someone being able to smack right into you after a few steps is supreme cheap sauce.

Out of all the new stuff in h5, one thing I enjoy the most is using the thruster in 1v1s. So I'm sad to see it going away as a default trait in halo infinite, but at the same time...i just want a new halo game. Idc what it plays like. I just want a new halo game already.

Lastly, h5s movement feels very fun. Traversing the map and whatnot. When it comes to actual fights in the game, it's pretty noticeable how much of the extra stuff isn't needed though. So there's a cut off of what feels fun and what feels practical in a halo game. That being said, I can see why people who like the classic formula like a more basic traits settings. I also enjoy that. It does come down to the maps and how they flow tbh.
Unity
Sprint, slide, and clamber shouldn't even be considered abilities imo. I know they aren't classic halo formula...but to call them advanced features...I mean come on..(not specifically saying you're the one to call them that since you're just calling them what they're called in the game, just stating that the fact that they're even called abilities has always kinda seemed wrong to me. )

but I'd like thruster and stabilize. If the movement speed is adequate then an actual sprint button isn't needed. If it's needed, then I'd like everything excluding ground pound and spartan charge. The only thing I like about spartan charge in halo 5 is the extended charge button combo. If there's advanced moves like that in a game, it would be kind of cool if it could only be done via a special input combo. Not a straight forward press melee while running. However, it is one of the new things I hate in h5. Someone being able to smack right into you after a few steps is supreme cheap sauce.

Out of all the new stuff in h5, one thing I enjoy the most is using the thruster in 1v1s. So I'm sad to see it going away as a default trait in halo infinite, but at the same time...i just want a new halo game. Idc what it plays like. I just want a new halo game already.

Lastly, h5s movement feels very fun. Traversing the map and whatnot. When it comes to actual fights in the game, it's pretty noticeable how much of the extra stuff isn't needed though. So there's a cut off of what feels fun and what feels practical in a halo game. That being said, I can see why people who like the classic formula like a more basic traits settings. I also enjoy that. It does come down to the maps and how they flow tbh.
Good points and sorry for calling advanced mobility, Spartan Abilities. I didn't know it'd make you annoyed sorry.
Unity

Good points and sorry for calling advanced mobility, Spartan Abilities. I didn't know it'd make you annoyed sorry.
You aren't annoying me. I clarified that You're Just calling them what they're called in the game. I'm just saying I always thought it was weird that they're called abilities. It's kinda like if I said jumping was an ability. I get that they're new to halo, but...they're nothing new though. Theres nothing advanced about them. Calling them modern might be the best description, but I just don't think they need any special kinda name. They're pretty basic features. Halo 5 kinda treated them like "WOOSH, ZINGGGG POWWW!!!" INTRODUCING....never before seen unheard of abilities. never has a game ever allowed you to run...but we innovated gaming once again...the SPRINT. the SLIDE. ::announcers voice:: the CLAAAAAMBERRrrr.

Lol

Idk if you get what I'm saying.

That's all besides the point of your thread anyways though. Sorry I guess it wasn't necessary for me to even bring that up my bad.
Sprint and clamber, definitely.
Unity

You aren't annoying me. I clarified that You're Just calling them what they're called in the game. I'm just saying I always thought it was weird that they're called abilities. It's kinda like if I said jumping was an ability. I get that they're new to halo, but...they're nothing new though. Theres nothing advanced about them. Calling them modern might be the best description, but I just don't think they need any special kinda name. They're pretty basic features. Halo 5 kinda treated them like "WOOSH, ZINGGGG POWWW!!!" INTRODUCING....never before seen unheard of abilities. never has a game ever allowed you to run...but we innovated gaming once again...the SPRINT. the SLIDE. ::announcers voice:: the CLAAAAAMBERRrrr.

Lol

Idk if you get what I'm saying.

That's all besides the point of your thread anyways though. Sorry I guess it wasn't necessary for me to even bring that up my bad.
No I gotchu
Sprint and clamber, definitely.
Good opinion!
Keep doing it by all means, I’m fine with it, I’m not a monitor at all but I have seen some people get in trouble for putting “signatures,” in their posts without having the signature feature unlocked. Just something to keep in mind.
Keep doing it by all means, I’m fine with it, I’m not a monitor at all but I have seen some people get in trouble for putting “signatures,” in their posts without having the signature feature unlocked. Just something to keep in mind.
Thanks for the info!
I don’t consider Sprint, Slide, & Clamber to be unique Spartan Abilities. To me, they’re character mobility abilities that aren’t unique, they’re just common abilities and two are new to the Halo franchise. IMO, they are very much welcomed and highly anticipated additions.

Of the unique Spartan Abilities, I like Boost and Stabilize, but had Spartan Charge not of been designed to be as effective as it currently is in Halo 5 - particularly throughout the lower skill spectrum levels - then I may have opted to include it because I like its concept. Unfortunately in its current design it is a successful cheese tactic for too many players. And while Ground Pound is a fun ability I don’t personally see its concept as a terribly practical or immersive one which lessens its value in my eyes.
eLantern wrote:
I don’t consider Sprint, Slide, & Clamber to be unique Spartan Abilities. To me, they’re character mobility abilities that aren’t unique, then just common abilities and two are new to Halo.

Of the unique Spartan Abilities, I like Boost and Stabilize, but had Spartan Charge not of been designed to be as effective as it currently is in Halo 5 - particularly throughout the lower skill spectrum levels - then I may have opted to include it because I like its concept. Unfortunately in its current design it is a successful cheese tactic for too many players. And while Ground Pound is a fun ability I don’t personally see its concept as a terribly practical or immersive one which lessens its value in my eyes.
I like your points!