2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 23
I don't agree. If you want to play a classic halo game then play halo 2 or 3. This is halo 5, my friend. And I love the Spartan abilities. You just need to know how to defend and attack with them
R3dMarine wrote:
Guys lets just get 343 to add literally nothing to halo 6 and just have them copy and paste halo 3, 2 or ce that way people won't complain oh wait.
How about keeping the movement relatively the same and adding new maps, weapons and gametypes. That wouldn't be a change? Oh wait
Let's call a spade a spade, you just want new maps for Halo 3....

My only complaint about the abilities is the limited radar range allows for some minor abuse of Spartan charge. But people act like there wasn't a melee lunge before this game.
Judge248 wrote:
Let's call a spade a spade, you just want new maps for Halo 3....

My only complaint about the abilities is the limited radar range allows for some minor abuse of Spartan charge. But people act like there wasn't a melee lunge before this game.
Technically there was zero melee lunge in H:CE. Then H2 came out and the lunge was created.
I agree.
But 343 had to evolve the gameplay for Halo. They had to make a complete new gameplay, but still have some pieces of Halo in it.
I mean you would have been really dissapointed if u buy a new game with 10 year old gameplay, that's not evolving for the company or the fans.
just sayin
Peace
F16 HUNTER wrote:
JB Linken wrote:
I respectfully disagree with most if not all of your points.
That's cool, everyone is entitled to their own opinions
You said you're all for improving the game. So answer me this. Say this game had none of these abilities. What would you do to improve the game? What additions would you add that evolves the game to where it's not just a carbon copy of past Halos?
Hmm let's see its so cool when kids grab sword, apply sprint as well as a Spartan charge. That takes so much skill I can't even tell you. I would have started with good maps and new weapons. Sprint should never have been involved which takes Spartan charge out of the equation. What's wrong with just adding dash and ground pound? Maybe not all 4. Like I said halo has no identity
Way to answer the question.
This game is bad but I can't stop playing. Spartan charge, sprinting, ground pounds and boots and all of the main parts of halo 5. None of which were aspects of halo 2 and halo 3 ( the games which we fell in love with and the reason we still play halo). All of these power moves drastically impact the game in a negative way, making it nothing like past gameplay. Now we have a bunch of people sprinting around awful maps (not one map is actually fun because of the useless details that get grenades caught on walls and ricochet in weird directions) and all it is is chaos. It's no strategy and its about which team can pretty much run faster and more than the other team. If i wanted to play call of duty i would but that game. So many more complaints but there are a few the digest.
That's your opinion and one that is not shared by all Halo fans, nor anyone I know.
Someone shut this thread, this is the millionth thread covering this exact nonsense, this is why the community is dead because there are hundreds of duplicate threads whining about how the new abilities aren't Halo and are only negative. Apart from the fact that everyone says this with finality, as if its not just an individuals opinion, this is entirely subjective and I'm sick of people throwing phrases about like "not Halo" and "ruined" like it actually means anything beyond your very narrow view. If i want to play Halo 2, I'll play Halo 2 why the hell would I want the same -Yoinking!- mechanics a decade down the line? If you don't want Halo to progress and you want it to stagnate and stay the same then go play CoD, it would suit you. Yeah the time to complain was at the start of 2015, if you still don't like it please do rest of a favour and just stop your incessant whining, theyre not going to change it just I would be deeply appreciative if you would refrain from speaking..
F16 HUNTER wrote:
JB Linken wrote:
I respectfully disagree with most if not all of your points.
That's cool, everyone is entitled to their own opinions
You said you're all for improving the game. So answer me this. Say this game had none of these abilities. What would you do to improve the game? What additions would you add that evolves the game to where it's not just a carbon copy of past Halos?
Hmm let's see its so cool when kids grab sword, apply sprint as well as a Spartan charge. That takes so much skill I can't even tell you. I would have started with good maps and new weapons. Sprint should never have been involved which takes Spartan charge out of the equation. What's wrong with just adding dash and ground pound? Maybe not all 4. Like I said halo has no identity
dude. You are so wrong. I remember back I the halo 2 3 days the sword was so damn letal. And you couldn't sprint. So its not a matter of sprinting with the sword or not. Sword has always been a power weapon. You just want to complain because you suck at using the new abilities.
Im agree, all crap. Feels more a AW with shields than a Halo game.
Im still new to Halo but I like the game play. But I think, there should be a way in warzone where you can pick team sides and choose whether you want to play with a six year old or a gamer.
Dyscarnary wrote:
This game is bad but I can't stop playing. Spartan charge, sprinting, ground pounds and boots and all of the main parts of halo 5. None of which were aspects of halo 2 and halo 3 ( the games which we fell in love with and the reason we still play halo). All of these power moves drastically impact the game in a negative way, making it nothing like past gameplay. Now we have a bunch of people sprinting around awful maps (not one map is actually fun because of the useless details that get grenades caught on walls and ricochet in weird directions) and all it is is chaos. It's no strategy and its about which team can pretty much run faster and more than the other team. If i wanted to play call of duty i would but that game. So many more complaints but there are a few the digest.
That's your opinion and one that is not shared by all Halo fans, nor anyone I know.
Someone shut this thread, this is the millionth thread covering this exact nonsense, this is why the community is dead because there are hundreds of duplicate threads whining about how the new abilities aren't Halo and are only negative. Apart from the fact that everyone says this with finality, as if its not just an individuals opinion, this is entirely subjective and I'm sick of people throwing phrases about like "not Halo" and "ruined" like it actually means anything beyond your very narrow view. If i want to play Halo 2, I'll play Halo 2 why the hell would I want the same -Yoinking!- mechanics a decade down the line? If you don't want Halo to progress and you want it to stagnate and stay the same then go play CoD, it would suit you. Yeah the time to complain was at the start of 2015, if you still don't like it please do rest of a favour and just stop your incessant whining, theyre not going to change it just I would be deeply appreciative if you would refrain from speaking..
Here comes "I paid for the game I can express my opinion" and "yeah, so if we all go play H2 then nobody will be playing H5" and "we're tring to improve it for the future". Rinse and repeat.
R3dMarine wrote:
Guys lets just get 343 to add literally nothing to halo 6 and just have them copy and paste halo 3, 2 or ce that way people won't complain oh wait.
How about keeping the movement relatively the same and adding new maps, weapons and gametypes. That wouldn't be a change? Oh wait
that is called dlc. Oh wait
I get destroyed by spartan charge, hardly ever get hit by a ground pound, I usually kill people before they pull it off. But I can't do any. Every time I try to spartan charge people barely step over and run past or into a wall.
The new abilities are absolutely amazing. This allows more strategy to the game. The mechanics of this halo are amazing. It's stupid when people so "It's not halo" No. Of course it's different. It's a new developer. They are going to try new things to really increase the potential of this game. It's way better than the disaster of halo 4. We finally have a PVE aspect of the game. Warzone. I have been begging for a replayable PVE experience. This game is amazing and nothing can change my opinion.
343 will never change it back to the way the old Halo's played. I see what your saying and I agree with you that its all just a sprint fest now. As a long time Halo fan who started playing Halo 2 back at my cousin's house on split screen, its sad to see how much Halo has changed to model more mainstream games today like CoD. Halo 5 is fun, don't get me wrong, but it doesn't feel like "Halo". 343 has made a commitment to this new style of Halo and I really doubt they'd ever revert back to the old style ever again. Its just something we unfortunately can't change. I guess the only way, really, is if we, the Halo community, took a stand and stopped playing and buying their new games, Halo 6, etc.

Idk those are just my thoughts.
If the game doesn't change and add new abilities or something new to make it different we would be playing the the same game with a new number attached as the reason to play/buy it. Sprint is staying period and I don't know why so many people have a problem with it, if you hate it play the MCC or instead of posting the same thing 10 other people are going to post that same day be more constructive maybe a classic game mode no sprint or abilities sounds a bit more realistic. I agree on the maps, they could be a lot better and need to be balanced or at least fun to play.
New mechanics means new strategies. This isn't a copy of Halo 2 or 3, it's supposed to be new and fresh. Times are changing and gameplay is becoming more fast paced. Halo is doing a great job going along with those changes while still maintaining what it is known for, a high skill requirement and time to kill.
i agree completely but i think 343is only good idea was back in halo 4 where you couldn't spam with grenades unless you had the re-supply tactical package which i liked in halo 5 you get killed with grenades quite often and these abilities make the game unplayable
No, this game is great as it is. I have tried going back to play halo 3 and just cant bear I any more, I feel like a turtle... This is coming from a Halo veteran who played Halo CE the day it was launched with the original Xbox... If you miss the turtle walk just go back to halo 3, the game needs to keep evolving.
Yeah its not halo....
Ugh more of this. Would you rather they just copy/pasted H2A and called it Halo 5? Yuck
hell yeah then halo 5 wouldnt eat -Yoink-
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 23