Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Spartan Charge in Arena

OP Paarthurnaks

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Man, I‘ve had it with this move. Just played a game against a guy who ran around Spartan-charging into people and then killing them. It was his ONLY move. And he died in the process because he always only managed to kill the Spartan he had charged and was taken down by the next one. He got 14 kills and 14 deaths. My point exactly.

I am getting so sick of this move. It is supposed to be about aiming and tactical positioning, not running around like a moron charging into people and trading kills/deaths.

And before anyone gives me amazing tips on how to evade this move: Don’t bother. I tested everything. I played hundreds of games in Arena. Jumping, boosting, counter-melee ... I always wind up with my shields down and stunned long enough for even noobs to hit the finishing shot. Just annoying af.
He’s probably just working on his Spartan charges comm for his Spartan Company. I once got 700 in one week in SWAT to close out level five. I got a bunch of DMs from pissed off people. Oh well.
My suggestion for future players like that is to expect them to do that so be sure to thrust out of the way a lot earlier if you see that player coming towards you.
Ninja them
As far as the commendations go, the way that most people do it, it would count as a Magnum or AR kill because they don't use it as a finisher. I tried thrusting away .. maybe I don't see them early enough but it never works. Thanks for the replies, anway, guys!

I don't know how to "ninja" them. Maybe you can provide a clip of you doing that.
To ninja them you gotta see them sprinting up behind you on radar, then jump and land behind them to backsmack them. Easier said than done.
It's not easy to ninja someone Spartan Charging because the hit box for it so big. Even if you jump before it reaches you, you'll still get hit so you have to do it from a distance.
I just tried to Ninja a charge. Still hit me, even though I was at the peak of my jump height and just thrusted backwards.

I really wish 343 would just turn off charge across all playlists. It’s existence only subtracts from the game.
I agree spartan charge and ground pound should be removed from all playlists. I try to play doubles, but everytime it is just people spartan charging and ground pounding for easy kills every chance they get. I don't understand it. Spartan charge is easy and not fun. I don't really try to get kills with spartan charge or ground pound for the most part. In slayer and especially doubles people go out of their way to use spartan charge and ground pound.
Spartan Charge, Ground Pound, but also Stabilizer with the sniper, are tools to allow everyone to do some extra kill. The problem is that they make the gameplay terribly stupid. They could also be in a social context, but not in a competitive one, imho.

I would be curious to know, if I wanted to create a modality with a weakened spartan charge, at what percentage I should set the damange so that after the charge two magnum headshots are needed to kill.
Ikr.
You can always play Team Arena! It ain't a move there.
Like some other things, it essentially speeds up gameplay in general. But at a high cost. And you could argue that this is something you can adjust to if - as it has been said above - the hitbox wasn‘t so massive. The fact that the radar doesn‘t show anything until someone else actually hits you, doesn‘t help either.

For me, it‘s just been particularly frustrating. I‘m not a great player as it is but with former Halo games I really tried to improve my aim and my map control. I‘ve gotten to a point where I can say that my defense strategies work well enough so that I don‘t get slaughtered anymore and get some kills in here and there. But Spartan Charge sometimes ruins my score and also makes it hard to get into a game. There is no strategy, no tactics .. it‘s just sort of fingers crossed you don‘t get charged out of the blue.

With assassination, at least you have to get close and it requires some skill. Spartan Charge really means just running around. There is not much strategy involved with the people who do that. And also, in general, I mean how annoying is it if you trade shots with someone and sort of hide somewhere, trying to get a kill and then someone you charges you in the back. Wow. Great. Thanks. It‘s just stupid, annoying, aggravating, and ruins games.

I said above that the way some people use it, you don‘t even get a commendation because they finish you with the Magnum or AR. But even those who kill you with the Spartan Charge to boost the commendation ... that shouldn‘t be an argument because I would argue that there should not be a commendation that encourages people to act like this. That also goes for other commendations, by the way. I played some Husky Raid games trying to boost some specific weapon commendations and realised that I was rather useless to my team. I still have things like Brute Plasma Rifle or other strange weapons that I never get kills with at Level 2 or something because boosting them is just such a pain and will affect the team negatively.
Yeah If you like playing against players higher than your average Rank placement
Yeah If you like playing against players higher than your average Rank placement
Only way to get better is by playing people better than you. But I don't have that issue in Team Arena compared to FFA myself
IDX Rider wrote:
Only way to get better is by playing people better than you. But I don't have that issue in Team Arena compared to FFA myself
So I’m supposed to get better by trying to beat Champion Ranked players as a Plat 4 ranked player, yeah seems legit
IDX Rider wrote:
So I’m supposed to get better by trying to beat Champion Ranked players as a Plat 4 ranked player, yeah seems legit
I've done it before myself, even if it's rare. But yes, for me, they're the reason to keep me on my toes and be extra careful in how I approach a firefight BECAUSE of them being better than me. Because I can never really know until later in the match (usually will have around a 10+ lead over who's in 2nd place) or at the end of it, I treat everyone like they're the champ player. I only run into them in FFA (it's rare to find champs in Arena for me, but it's still uncommon for an Onyx player to be there) but because of that I have noticed I play much better with a team as well. I usually placed around Plat 2/3 myself (still do in Team Arena in fact lol) but am now placing Plat 5/6 in Slayer and FFA, when I never used to.If you keep playing people that aren't as skilled as you then how else would you learn to change your playstyle if you were never forced to do so because doing the same old thing always worked?
Akinola51 wrote:
He’s probably just working on his Spartan charges comm for his Spartan Company. I once got 700 in one week in SWAT to close out level five. I got a bunch of DMs from pissed off people. Oh well.
This is exactly what I do now LOLOL
BmooDyyy wrote:
Akinola51 wrote:
This is exactly what I do now LOLOL
Its the best mode for it, it just becomes really difficult to get them against players that aren’t platinum or below. I once leveled down from Diamond 1 to Plat 1 for only doing Spartan charges then got back up to Plat 6 still just doing Spartan charges. It’s goofy.
No joke, one season I decided to have a little fun and only used melee in my SWAT placement matches and see what rank I got. Most of my kills were with spartan charge, placed onyx lol Never fired a single shot.

You should be playing team arena, I believe that's the playlist with tournament settings i.e. better radar, no autos/spartan charge/ground pound. It's very sweaty but it's H5 at its best.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2