Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Spartan Charge is old and a little too powerful.

OP DcsealCMB

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
I would love to have it removed, but I’d accept a heavy nerf.
Its not fun to fight against, or dish out from my point of view.

a nerf that would make it extremely opportunistic would make me happy because I think we’d all rather rely on our skill in aiming and who first can whittle shields down if we come across an “around the corner” sprint.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
DcsealCMB wrote:
DcsealCMB wrote:
DcsealCMB wrote:
No wanted wanted the nerfs to weapons, (besides maybe the AR) but we did want spartan charge nerfed though.
You couldn't be more wrong about that statement. There a thread for at least every weapon on this game. Seriously, you guys complain more than women on their periods.
  • "I don't like this or that"
  • You gave us the update we wanted but i'm still trash, blah blah blah.
And then half of you guys don't even know what you want the game to be. Be like, "We want to be like old Halo but we don't wan to be like old Halo, but we can't be like Call of Duty, or Destiny, or Overwatch.

Like just leave 343i and Halo 5 alone. They are doing fine. Spartan charge isn't even a big deal I can count on my hands how many times I've been killed by it and that from 2 years of playing.
Have you ever considered the fact that this is a section of a section of a community that does not share one opinion or voice? Different people want different things. Just like how you want your own thing and not everyone agrees with you.

You're basically saying that Halo 5 is perfect and there is nothing to complain about.

Other people have been playing for 2 years as well, and at times they tend to have a much better grasp on the game than you do.

Notice how you didn't answer anything about Spartan Charge, and just repeated your earlier statement.
You don't get my point. I never said Halo 5 was perfect because its not but you gotta learn how to play around it. You guys are basically competing in say a football game and complaining that the game is unfair because the grass isn't cut right, there is too much sun glare, the ball was deflated etc. So yea my answer to spartan charge is to learn how to use it and play against because life isn't fair. Go be a snowflake elsewhere not in a competitive game. Seriously, you argue more than woman mate.
Rules can change. Anything can change and people can adapt to it. Adapting to it doesn't make it good. A bad change is a bad change.
The answer is truly a lot of testing in the real world with rel players. Its not that loadouts or "X" is bad. It just needs to be re-balanced. I believe loadouts made Halo a lot more fun because of versatility. But that come with the challenge of keeping all weapons balanced.
And you act like players haven't tested this by playing the game?

How do you think heavy aim was found out? By testing.

It's been shown that Loadouts don't work for Halo, and people didn't like it. You can tell people to adapt, but that won't make it not a bad mechanic. So 343i removed it.

You can say that people are whiners and make all the menstruation statements you want. The only reason Halo 5 has what it does right now is because of people "complaining." Skill has nothing to do with it.
They didn't remove load outs completely. It is still a part of Warzone and works just fine. However, there is a difference between whining and constructive criticism. Those who did the latter changed nothing. Those who participated and provided feedback helped.
Loadouts were removed from the core game mode, and doesn't function nearly the same way in Warzone. You can't choose a DMR whenever you want, you have to achieve a certain score to unlock the ability to use higher weapons. If Loadouts were the way it was used in Halo 4, then everyone would be using DMRs from the beginning.

"However, there is a difference between whining and constructive criticism."

You mean those who did the former changed nothing.

Then what is this very topic? The first post was nothing but constructive criticism and offering solutions, but you dismissed it as him being a below average player and he just needs to get better, calling it whining.

You say there's a difference, but you called constructive criticism whining.
I'm a fan of the Spartan Charge ability because I believe it has a meaningful relation and use in being tied to the Sprint mechanic; however, it could use some modifications in order to appropriately lessen its overall effectiveness. The tweaking concepts I'd personally like to see tried out or given consideration to by 343i with regards to lessening its effectiveness would be these:
  1. Tweak the damage output via a range to damage ratio that focuses on when contact is made within the ability's strike or contact range. This would make the ability's contact damage variable by having it go from a max amount at its initial engagement to a lower amount at its' furthest range; it should tailor down from around it's current damage to the amount of a regular melee strike.
  2. Link the Spartan Charge (and Ground Pound + Thrust Evade) to some level or amount of impact damage given an impactful contact is made in their use; therefore, causing some damage to the charger. Similar amounts for Spartan Charge and Ground Pound while less for the Thruster Evade (in the event when its used and a player is thrust into a fixed object).
  3. Lessen its range and aim assist a bit. Perhaps reduce its range by approximately a meter or 2 and make it a bit more skillful to use by reducing the magnetism related to the aim assist. The Beta's visual indicator for being able to Spartan Charge was smaller and seemed to suggest that it once was designed with less aim assist; perhaps, 343i should try going back to that previous setting or trying out something in-between.
  4. Give consideration to linking any use of the Thruster Pack via the Thrust Evade, Spartan Charge, and Ground Pound to enact a minor cool-down (~4 sec ?) before being able to make use of it again regardless to the specific ability. Not sure this would be necessary, but it is an option to try out with the goal being to lessen its overall effectiveness; plus, the Thrust Evade already incorporates a 4 second cool-down to prevent immediate repeating uses, so this would simply be an expansion on that concept to include the Spartan Charge and Ground Pound mechanics into that same 4 second cool-down.
  5. Make the Abilities Tracker that's used for the HCS a standard Tracker for all Arena (aka Ranked) playlists that include a tracker. Obviously, a mode like SWAT which operates with no radar would be an exception.
Not all of these ideas may be necessary or taken to the extent that I mention in order to create a more ideal Spartan Charge, but I think it's obvious that some effectiveness reduction is in order.
DcsealCMB wrote:
DcsealCMB wrote:
DcsealCMB wrote:
No wanted wanted the nerfs to weapons, (besides maybe the AR) but we did want spartan charge nerfed though.
Please, show me one post from a dude who asked for a DMR or BR nerf and had any skill level more then day one.
DcsealCMB wrote:
Again, this post has done nothing but stir an unnecessary pot.
I wanna point out at this point that the whole post was supposed to be about discusing spartan charge, and how it does have problems, and I think we can almost all agree that's true. The only reason this post became a hailstorm is because one guy doesn't appreciate us disliking an unfair feature, which is our opinion and we can have it. Let's stay on topic, not fight like children.
Its basically the noob combo 2.0. And I'm playing from Australia, good luck dodging from down here, most places down here don't even offer NBN. I'm playing on your equivalent to satellite (ADSL 2), our bandwidth is way out of wack. But I do alright anyway.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4