OP SII SPARTAN XXX

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 30
Here we go ladies and gentlemen, bring it! Spartan charge is a good concept gone wrong. It is essentially a cheap kill. Argue your way out of that, I dare you.
How is it a cheap kill? Its not even a one hit kill.
OK, explain to me how it's fair for someone to counter it, if the spartan doesn't show up on the radar until it's too late.
Well its an advantage for spartan charge it can't be this useless ability it needs pros to it. Plus there tweaking the motion sensor so you won't have that problem anymore.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Because you can get kills with it by just mindlessly sprinting around the map and it requires the bare minimum of skill to use effectively. You can be around ten feet away from an opponent and get a kill with it and it has magnetism so it can turn into opponents. It is a one hit kill when you hit someone in the back or if the player is low shields.
Low shields doesn't count because that player already took DMG from another source. And with that argument one could say rocket launcher is cheap because you can mindlessly jump around a corner and blast enemies.
As long as 343I keep using Sprint, I think SC should stay, BUT needs to be tweaked. Otherwise we'll just have people running around doing double meleeing like they did in Reach and Halo 4. That crap was terrible!! ....at least with SC you have a change of getting out of the way.

I'd make it so it doesn't "track" as much and make it take longer for you to activate it. I'd also experiment with having radar at 20m as well.
While I value and respect your opinion, I and many many others, disagree greatly.
Yes,greatly. If they tweaked it to not be annoying or OP,then I would be great with it.
No. It needs to be removed entirely.
While I value and respect your opinion, I and many many others, disagree greatly.
Yes,greatly. If they tweaked it to not be annoying or OP,then I would be great with it.
Its no where near OP
Campaign sure... Warzone... Sure why not.... Even social.... But it should not be in ranked play at all. All it is is a get out of jail free card for being late on the trigger while sprinting around the map.
I personally don't care for it, I like the rest of the new movement options though. My reason for disliking it is simple, often times the enemy is either A: doing Spartan charge the whole match or B: gets enough momentum at the last second of my 1v1s and beats me with it.
I like the idea of Spartan Charge but the tracking on it needs to be significantly reduced. Currently its way too OP
I agree with you its cool and makes sense lore wise, but balance wise its a nightmare. If it was just for interacting with the environment that would be great.
We've learned to counter it but it needs to go.
Its a cheap kill. It has a lock on, its not like you have to aim or do any timing, just 2 steps of sprint and bam!

I don't want it nerfed
I don't want it tweaked
I don't want it back in another form
I want it gone
Probably just shorten the range.
No. It's too OP, and it rewards players for running around blindly. Sprint wasn't a problem to me in Halo: Reach or Halo 4 because there was no Spartan Charge. I could counter sprint double-melee, but Spartan Charge is just ridiculous.
If they added more balancing features to spartan charge...

It could stay.

1- if you see it coming you can cancel a face to face charge. (Invent method here, reticule red and meele...shoot them?)

2- limit the radius you are allowed to turn, and still perform a spartan charge.
(Shoudnt be able to charge diagonally behind you/ arround a corner and still hit.)
Its a garbage ability, remove for Halo 6.
And with that argument one could say rocket launcher is cheap because you can mindlessly jump around a corner and blast enemies.
The difference is the rockets only spawn at certain times and have limited use, but spartan charge is available and unlimited for the entire game.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Because you can get kills with it by just mindlessly sprinting around the map and it requires the bare minimum of skill to use effectively. You can be around ten feet away from an opponent and get a kill with it and it has magnetism so it can turn into opponents. It is a one hit kill when you hit someone in the back or if the player is low shields.
Low shields doesn't count because that player already took DMG from another source. And with that argument one could say rocket launcher is cheap because you can mindlessly jump around a corner and blast enemies.
uhm........Rockets have long been considered the noobiest?(is this a word) weapon in Halo. Followed by the newb combo (at least you have to switch weapons and get the head shot) and dbl melee , witch with SC , is now a more reliable tactic as you used to trade kills a lot with dbl melee. The people that have learned to counter SC are (most likely) mid to high skill range players , (I am average at best and still had issues countering it while I was playing) , and so at lower skill ranges it becomes an even more viable strategy.
Any ability that encourages running wildly around the map isn't conducive to competitive or balanced play.
There should be damage drop off if you are moving away from it. It still does damage even if you thrust away from it quicker than its coming towards you. It still does damage even if you disintegrate them before the charged body touches you.
Im hearing a lot of people complaining about how its a "cheap" tactic...
Yeah, well, just get out of the way. Its not hard to dodge. I certainly never really have much of a problem with it.
Personally I'm with the OP; you are a Spartan. You wear 1000 pounds of armor. When that hits something is is GOING TO HURT.
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
In H6's multiplayer we should be able to choose between Spartan classes (e.g. S2's, S3's, S3G's and S4's). Each class has different abilities and attributes, weapon load outs don't matter.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 30