1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 30
Im hearing a lot of people complaining about how its a "cheap" tactic...
Yeah, well, just get out of the way. Its not hard to dodge. I certainly never really have much of a problem with it.
Personally I'm with the OP; you are a Spartan. You wear 1000 pounds of armor. When that hits something is is GOING TO HURT.
Its really not hard to dodge at all. Plus i'm not sure why people keep saying it's OP. An OP ability would mean its a one hit KO, but it isn't. And I've been killed multiple times while trying to use it.
Yeah, well, just get out of the way. Its not hard to dodge. I certainly never really have much of a problem with it.
Personally I'm with the OP; you are a Spartan. You wear 1000 pounds of armor. When that hits something is is GOING TO HURT.
Its really not hard to dodge at all. Plus i'm not sure why people keep saying it's OP. An OP ability would mean its a one hit KO, but it isn't. And I've been killed multiple times while trying to use it.
Well you're ignorance shows then. Give me the definition of over powered, cuz being a ohk does not mean over powered. Have you ever given a single thought to how it's setup? Ever try looking at its aim assist it gets? How easy it is to use? It's risk/reward factor? How often it's used? How it effects other parts of the game? You know why people call it a noob ability? You pretend it's so easy to dodge but I bet you play vs people who really don't use it correctly to judge it so. The fact that most if this thread opposes it shows it's not favored yet you carry on like everyone has no idea what they're talking about lol.
Well you're ignorance shows then. Give me the definition of over powered, cuz being a ohk does not mean over powered. Have you ever given a single thought to how it's setup? Ever try looking at its aim assist it gets? How easy it is to use? It's risk/reward factor? How often it's used? How it effects other parts of the game? You know why people call it a noob ability? You pretend it's so easy to dodge but I bet you play vs people who really don't use it correctly to judge it so. The fact that most if this thread opposes it shows it's not favored yet you carry on like everyone has no idea what they're talking about lol.
You can seriously put a few rounds in the enemy then melee to counter. I play a lot of WZ assault and it might be 5% of the kills if that in a match. And people say they don't see it coming well then blame radar not SC.
You can seriously put a few rounds in the enemy then melee to counter. I play a lot of WZ assault and it might be 5% of the kills if that in a match. And people say they don't see it coming well then blame radar not SC.
I'm going by arena standards, the one that matters over some warzone mode that is so bland and boring and with so much open space someone would be an idiot to charge you to begin with. I'm not blaming it on radar or the like as I see many things coming, and unlike much those guys I look at the ability at more detail. It's easy to use, little risk, does more damage than a normal melee, stuns opponents upon hit, is easy to use around corners (yet you say just put out a few bullets and melee lol). Tell me what advice you'd give to a group of pro players talking about it so negatively? You going to say they're bad? They don't understand it? It's really simple: Spartan charge is an unwanted ability by many. (I'm staying away from the minority/majority game for now but I have an idea where everyone stands on it)
Your scenario is the perfect scenario 'I see them from ten feet away and I have time to put some rounds in them, see how easy that is! How can you hate it?' Well, champ, that scenario is 00000000.1 of how it actually plays out with SP, most of the time they are sprinting around corners and instead of being punished you get a one tap button get out of jail card with high aim assist and ZERO drawback.
I'm going by arena standards, the one that matters over some warzone mode that is so bland and boring and with so much open space someone would be an idiot to charge you to begin with. I'm not blaming it on radar or the like as I see many things coming, and unlike much those guys I look at the ability at more detail. It's easy to use, little risk, does more damage than a normal melee, stuns opponents upon hit, is easy to use around corners (yet you say just put out a few bullets and melee lol). Tell me what advice you'd give to a group of pro players talking about it so negatively? You going to say they're bad? They don't understand it? It's really simple: Spartan charge is an unwanted ability by many. (I'm staying away from the minority/majority game for now but I have an idea where everyone stands on it)
If your arguing to take it out of arena then sure i can see that, but i don't want it taken away entirely. It can stay in social and warzone.
343 has tried to appease its wide Halo fanbase through the entire Halo 5 update sequence, and that has resulted in almost everyone hating it, be it for story, lack of playable elites, Halo 4, or letting players smash into each other.

While the story was not as good as 3 & 4, it had its good points, and some really good, human, moments. A game that is built by post-launch updates is not going to have the greatest story.
The lack of elites is unfortunate, but with splitscreen locked in, just wait til H6. The odds are in your favor.
C'mon, man! I don't understand people who hate Halo 4 at all. The story was one of Halo's best, the challenge was real, and the multiplayer was well-balanced for the most part (but I still avoid the DMR like the plague if I can help it). The forge was frustrating at times, but Erosion, Impact, Ravine, and Forge Islands were good slates.
And finally, the shoulder bash. It was definitely OP when it was an instakill, but now it does no more damage than a regular punch that lunges like an energy sword. In H3, everyone was instantly killable via punch to the back, and in Reach/4/5, you assassinate players from behind (most of the time). From behind, it's like a running H3 assassination.

Some will hate, some will love. With a fanbase as diverse as Halo's, everything will be hated by someone. 343 has tweaked some things to make the fans happier, but they cannot start the fan-powered merry-go-round of letting the fanbase build the game. Microsoft put them in charge for a reason, and people need to put themselves in 343s shoes and realize that their "perfect" Halo 5 would be some people's nightmare.

343 is trying, and they're trying hard. They got some things wrong, and they got some things right. There are some things about Halo 5 that drive me nuts, too, but maybe most is that 343 has let the fans with the biggest following and most buddies change the game how they want. Giving the fans what they want is good, but once you start it, it's hard to draw the line and put the foot down and say, No, we are not going to do this.
People keep saying its OP well its not a one hit kill. And as it was said above just spray a few rounds with AR then melee to counter.
People sprint around corners and use its (I've said it once, I'll say it until it gets changed) absolutely insane aim assist and a huge hitbox that is put on the victim for a cheap way of getting a kill.

You can melee them if you time it right, but the spartan charge animation always ends first, so the charger's weapon still comes up first, and they STILL get the kill. This is my problem with it. Unless the guy who charged you is just an awful shot, there is little chance of you winning the encounter by a punch.
(Bold) To be fair, people call sprint a big time noob ability too and a lot of people want it gone as well.... And if you want to get technical, we only have SC because of Sprint.

As I stated earlier, as long as Halo has a sprint animation, SC or some form of it, should stay because there is a risk reward factor with it. There's a chance of avoiding it or missing completely unlike Halo Reach or H4 when you just run in and double melee which IMO is even MORE noobie and lame! I'm a high Onyx player and I see it get avoided quite a bit actually, but I do think it needs tweaks, I agree and have suggested things. Also it's not just that you look at. Other factors of the game need to be as well. Things like Radar. Case in point, 343I testing out different types of Radar now in the up-and-coming Proving Grounds playlist.

What are people's ideas to counter the run in double melee if you remove SC? I legitimately would like to know because I barely hear anyone ever suggest a different idea, other then me... it's always just remove it. I've heard of some people offer tweaks (including myself) and that's fine but that's it. And don't say double melee wasn't a problem in Reach/4 because it was big time!!
343 has tried to appease its wide Halo fanbase through the entire Halo 5 update sequence, and that has resulted in almost everyone hating it, be it for story, lack of playable elites, Halo 4, or letting players smash into each other.

While the story was not as good as 3 & 4, it had its good points, and some really good, human, moments. A game that is built by post-launch updates is not going to have the greatest story.
The lack of elites is unfortunate, but with splitscreen locked in, just wait til H6. The odds are in your favor.
C'mon, man! I don't understand people who hate Halo 4 at all. The story was one of Halo's best, the challenge was real, and the multiplayer was well-balanced for the most part (but I still avoid the DMR like the plague if I can help it). The forge was frustrating at times, but Erosion, Impact, Ravine, and Forge Islands were good slates.
And finally, the shoulder bash. It was definitely OP when it was an instakill, but now it does no more damage than a regular punch that lunges like an energy sword. In H3, everyone was instantly killable via punch to the back, and in Reach/4/5, you assassinate players from behind (most of the time). From behind, it's like a running H3 assassination.

Some will hate, some will love. With a fanbase as diverse as Halo's, everything will be hated by someone. 343 has tweaked some things to make the fans happier, but they cannot start the fan-powered merry-go-round of letting the fanbase build the game. Microsoft put them in charge for a reason, and people need to put themselves in 343s shoes and realize that their "perfect" Halo 5 would be some people's nightmare.

343 is trying, and they're trying hard. They got some things wrong, and they got some things right. There are some things about Halo 5 that drive me nuts, too, but maybe most is that 343 has let the fans with the biggest following and most buddies change the game how they want. Giving the fans what they want is good, but once you start it, it's hard to draw the line and put the foot down and say, No, we are not going to do this.
(Bold) I disagree with you massively here. Halo 4 was VERY poorly told!! A player shouldn't have to go on Waypoint to watch extra videos or read the books to fully understand what's going on in the story. There was ZERO challenge in the game in any area IMO. The multiplayer is BY FAR the biggest unbalanced mess I've ever seen. Worst Halo MP ever!!!

Other then this part, you make some good points and don't disagree with too much else your saying.

(Bold) I disagree with you massively here. Halo 4 was VERY poorly told!! A player shouldn't have to go on Waypoint to watch extra videos or read the books to fully understand what's going on in the story. There was ZERO challenge in the game in any area IMO. The multiplayer is BY FAR the biggest unbalanced mess I've ever seen. Worst Halo MP ever!!!

Other then this part, you make some good points and don't disagree with too much else your saying.
What was so awful about the multiplayer? It's almost identical to H5 MP minus H5's maps and Super Fiesta. And have you not played Reclaimer Legendary? That level makes me want to smash my controller sometimes.

I'd like to hear what you have to say, but this particular forum isn't the most appropriate for H4 discussion. Continue over private message?
(Bold) To be fair, people call sprint a big time noob ability too and a lot of people want it gone as well.... And if you want to get technical, we only have SC because of Sprint.

As I stated earlier, as long as Halo has a sprint animation, SC or some form of it, should stay because there is a risk reward factor with it. There's a chance of avoiding it or missing completely unlike Halo Reach or H4 when you just run in and double melee which IMO is even MORE noobie and lame! I'm a high Onyx player and I see it get avoided quite a bit actually, but I do think it needs tweaks, I agree and have suggested things. Also it's not just that you look at. Other factors of the game need to be as well. Things like Radar. Case in point, 343I testing out different types of Radar now in the up-and-coming Proving Grounds playlist.

What are people's ideas to counter the run in double melee if you remove SC? I legitimately would like to know because I barely hear anyone ever suggest a different idea, other then me... it's always just remove it. I've heard of some people offer tweaks (including myself) and that's fine but that's it. And don't say double melee wasn't a problem in Reach/4 because it was big time!!
A buddy of mine spams the double-melee a lot. Honestly, I probably do, too, until I realize that I'm holding a BR or SAW. :-P
Spartan Charge is one of my last commendations. I just hate it.

People have offered solutions for double melee since reach dude, no idea what makes you think you're the only one offering solutions. There's a variety of ways to do it. Could make melee a non factor in like most games do, meaning melee does such minimal damage it's worthless and people avoid use if it. You could then go to how CE did it where it took 3 melee hits to kill a full healthed opponent. You could then add a delay In melee cool down where you have to wait after using melee. You could also add s bleedthrough, you could also mesh melee with the thrusters where if you want to melee you can only do so thrusting into a target. The solution is also dependent on the game, some of the above mentioned solutions were better fit for past games since they were made different than h5 is, some could help alleviate some of the current issues.

back to Spartan charge itself: the radar test has nothing to do with it and more to do with the competitive community unhappy with the pace of the game and the excessive use of croutching around, it hinders strategy. Spartan charge us again, an easy to use little risk ability. You don't even have to be accurate to get a hit on people, even gen they try turning angles and the charge hit box is pretty big. Personally I'd prefer there be a meter you have to charge in order to use it, it requires more timing and punishes those who blindly use it like they do now. Besides that I'd prefer they removed the assist it gets where you only go straight, you don't angle towards people just because a part if their body is still in the hit box. For me the charge is easy to counter only cuz I hear it (turtle beaches) not because I can avoid it when in range and it's activated. You know, one can try to jump backwards behind a charge but you know what happens? You just get hit in the back cuz of the hit box issue.
FxkN MiGo wrote:
Your scenario is the perfect scenario 'I see them from ten feet away and I have time to put some rounds in them, see how easy that is! How can you hate it?' Well, champ, that scenario is 00000000.1 of how it actually plays out with SP, most of the time they are sprinting around corners and instead of being punished you get a one tap button get out of jail card with high aim assist and ZERO drawback.
Then don't corner camp lol. It was made to counter ppl like that plus even if your sitting around a corner and a spartan charge comes around it doesn't kill you instantly.

People have offered solutions for double melee since reach dude, no idea what makes you think you're the only one offering solutions. There's a variety of ways to do it. Could make melee a non factor in like most games do, meaning melee does such minimal damage it's worthless and people avoid use if it. You could then go to how CE did it where it took 3 melee hits to kill a full healthed opponent. You could then add a delay In melee cool down where you have to wait after using melee. You could also add s bleedthrough, you could also mesh melee with the thrusters where if you want to melee you can only do so thrusting into a target. The solution is also dependent on the game, some of the above mentioned solutions were better fit for past games since they were made different than h5 is, some could help alleviate some of the current issues.

back to Spartan charge itself: the radar test has nothing to do with it and more to do with the competitive community unhappy with the pace of the game and the excessive use of croutching around, it hinders strategy. Spartan charge us again, an easy to use little risk ability. You don't even have to be accurate to get a hit on people, even gen they try turning angles and the charge hit box is pretty big. Personally I'd prefer there be a meter you have to charge in order to use it, it requires more timing and punishes those who blindly use it like they do now. Besides that I'd prefer they removed the assist it gets where you only go straight, you don't angle towards people just because a part if their body is still in the hit box. For me the charge is easy to counter only cuz I hear it (turtle beaches) not because I can avoid it when in range and it's activated. You know, one can try to jump backwards behind a charge but you know what happens? You just get hit in the back cuz of the hit box issue.
First off, please don't talk down to me or something (the way you use dude in a sentence) it's not necessary. If your not and just passionate then I understand and apologies. It can be difficult to interpret on text as I'm sure we all know. Now continuing... :)

I never said I was the only one who's offered solutions I said I never really hear anything else. You have to admit when people talk about Spartan charge the solution 90% of the time is "remove it" or " I hate it" or something. Yes people have offered solutions too reaches/H4 double melee and I remember being part of forum discussions about those very ideas even. Majority of people don't want Halo to be like every other FPS (I agree with them) hence they don't want melee to be a non-factor. For most Halo games it has been a factor. I would say there's some that would like it like CE but most don't want Halo too turn into a slug feast. I can remember both those ideas being pretty much shut down by I would say the majority of the community. I also understand this part of your post you're mainly talking about Reach/4 and not Halo 5.

I have read and heard, heck I even suggested it having a cool down type mechanic with Spartan charge as well as an idea. Personally I can't say I'm a fan of your meshing melee with thrusters idea, but that's my opinion. Bleed threw might be worth exploring though.

I agree the radar test is more for the competitive Community BUT it's also too see how they can improve upon things for future Halo games as a whole. I never said I wanted SC in the next Halo game, let's just be clear on that. I said if future Halo games are going to have the Sprint animation and Spartan abilities then SC or SOME FORM (just being clear here) needs to be in then I think. I agree as it is right now isn't good and should be tweaked. I've said this countless times and countless different posts. I also agree with you that there is too much aim assist and it "tracks" too much. I also think it's too "accessible" per say, meaning you can activate it too easily too often. Currently you take a few steps and you can use it I've never agreed on that. I generally don't have too hard of a time countering it either and I just use 2.1 sound most of the time. I hear what your saying about the hit box and don't disagree really. Timing right now has to be spot on to do the jump thrust backwards hip maneuver or you get hit. Maybe you monkey with tweaking the hit box too.

For the most part, I think we're pretty much on the same page about SC lol Only difference is that I can see so far is it sounds like to me (maybe I'm wrong here) your halo has a Sprint animation but you'd still have no form of Spartan charge and I would. So what would use as a replacement system?

What was so awful about the multiplayer? It's almost identical to H5 MP minus H5's maps and Super Fiesta. And have you not played Reclaimer Legendary? That level makes me want to smash my controller sometimes.

I'd like to hear what you have to say, but this particular forum isn't the most appropriate for H4 discussion. Continue over private message?
Besides the fact H4 MP had loadouts, non even starts, killstreak rewards, aka the rich get richer! One shot kill weapons on start up, sprint that was a get out of jail free card, a non existent ranking system... And so on. Sorry but I disagree that H4 MP is like H5 MP. H4 to me felt like COD in space. My opinion :) but ya, enough of that talk I agree.
While I value and respect your opinion, I and many many others, disagree greatly.
Yes,greatly. If they tweaked it to not be annoying or OP,then I would be great with it.
Its no where near OP
Picture this,you run into a room and engage a guy who is sprinting at you. He messed up by sprinting and now you have an advantage over him because he made a mistake. Oh wait,he can spartan charge you and make you to where 2-3 shots from an assault rifle will kill you and knock you back,messing up your accuracy. So you tell me if that's OP or not.
Melee encounters are undesirable because they involve little skill. Since sprint entered Halo, it has become easier for people to simply run into another player, and engage in a battle where the one who melees first will win, but is nonetheless left with no shields. With Spartan Charge getting into a melee encounter is even easier, because it allows the player to melee from further away. This significantly increases the number of encounters that begin with melee.

Unlike many other people, I don't believe the problem with Spartan Charge is necessarily that it's overpowered. It's possible that the sudden knockback puts the player who has been hit into a worse position, but mindlessly running around trying to get to melee distance is also very likely to end in your death when someone actually notices you. No, I think the problem with Spartan Charge is the fact that it encourages players to go for melee kills. And because melee encounters involve little skill, they are uninteresting, and feel cheap to the loser because they know that their death was not due to a superior play from the opponent, but simply a blind charge that only succeeded by chance.

The tactic feels cheap not because you're likely to do well with it, but because it takes no effort. Players would much rather die in an interesting way where they were actually outplayed. For this reason, tactics such as double melee should be made as ineffective as possible in order to discourage them, and encourage tactics that actually lead to interesting encounters.
I can do without SC. One of my mates has an Elite controller who rakes me the majority of times in customs.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 30