Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Spartan Charge needs to stay

OP SII SPARTAN XXX

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 7
  4. 8
  5. 9
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. ...
  9. 30
Phaaze wrote:
Phaaze wrote:
I don't care if a Spartan should actually be able to do it. Spartans should be able to do a lot of things in game, but they don't, which is why Spartan Charge needs to go. It's finicky, and when it does hit, it locks on and allows for very little reaction time to counter. It's a crutch and continues to be one.
No. believe it or not, its not a crutch. the spartan charge was a great idea by 343 and I loved it 5 minutes after I started playing the game. its an awesome add-on that helps people be able to quickly do something about the enemy that they're sprinting towards, instead of in halo 4 where if your sprinting you cant fend off an enemy for a couple seconds until your recticle appears.

Anything can be misused. I mean, people hack themselves free overshields, for goodness sake.

Overall, I think spartan charge is handy and definitely needs to stay.
If you decide to continuously sprint all around the map, you shouldn't be handed a "get out of jail free" card.

Having someone become one shot at the press of a button because you decide to run a marathon around the map and rush into your battles head on, literally, isn't balanced gameplay. It is a crutch to give you an advantage because you decided to sprint everywhere. This is why giving players infinite sprint was also a bad idea.

I don't know what hacking overshields has to do with your argument, but claiming that with no evidence and then to use that as a reason why Spartan Charge needs to stay isn't really helping your case at all.
#1 its not a "get out of jail free card"
#2 yes it is balanced gameplay because everyone has spartan charge, and if your saying its not balanced gameplay because some are better at it than others, than you might as well say that we shouldn't have a scorpion either; cause some people are not good at the scorpion either.
#3 Please! stop using the word crutch for things like this. its not a crutch.
#4 unlimited sprint was a bad idea, but its still helpful.
#5 my brother edited my post and added the hacking overshields thing.
#6 this isn't "my" argument, its everyone who doesn't want spartan charge's; its your complaint to 343 about a good idea that they added.
I agree with a lot of what you say. I am surprised there are still people trying to claim it's a 'crutch', or a 'get out of jail free card' etc.

If it were as OP and devastating as many make out then even new or bad players should be able to use this to beat much better players using guns. Clearly that is a nonsense, as are a lot of the arguments I see against it on here. Any hallf decent player will be able to handle players just sprinting and spartan charging.

I can understand people not liking it or finding it not to their taste but the over-exaggeration and mis-truths on here are getting a little silly.
DomLJ wrote:
Phaaze wrote:
Phaaze wrote:
I don't care if a Spartan should actually be able to do it. Spartans should be able to do a lot of things in game, but they don't, which is why Spartan Charge needs to go. It's finicky, and when it does hit, it locks on and allows for very little reaction time to counter. It's a crutch and continues to be one.
No. believe it or not, its not a crutch. the spartan charge was a great idea by 343 and I loved it 5 minutes after I started playing the game. its an awesome add-on that helps people be able to quickly do something about the enemy that they're sprinting towards, instead of in halo 4 where if your sprinting you cant fend off an enemy for a couple seconds until your recticle appears.

Anything can be misused. I mean, people hack themselves free overshields, for goodness sake.

Overall, I think spartan charge is handy and definitely needs to stay.
If you decide to continuously sprint all around the map, you shouldn't be handed a "get out of jail free" card.

Having someone become one shot at the press of a button because you decide to run a marathon around the map and rush into your battles head on, literally, isn't balanced gameplay. It is a crutch to give you an advantage because you decided to sprint everywhere. This is why giving players infinite sprint was also a bad idea.

I don't know what hacking overshields has to do with your argument, but claiming that with no evidence and then to use that as a reason why Spartan Charge needs to stay isn't really helping your case at all.
#1 its not a "get out of jail free card"
#2 yes it is balanced gameplay because everyone has spartan charge, and if your saying its not balanced gameplay because some are better at it than others, than you might as well say that we shouldn't have a scorpion either; cause some people are not good at the scorpion either.
#3 Please! stop using the word crutch for things like this. its not a crutch.
#4 unlimited sprint was a bad idea, but its still helpful.
#5 my brother edited my post and added the hacking overshields thing.
#6 this isn't "my" argument, its everyone who doesn't want spartan charge's; its your complaint to 343 about a good idea that they added.
I agree with a lot of what you say. I am surprised there are still people trying to claim it's a 'crutch', or a 'get out of jail free card' etc.

If it were as OP and devastating as many make out then even new or bad players should be able to use this to beat much better players using guns. People do, you just choose to ignore it or think a charge needs to be the meta to be an issue to the game.Clearly that is a nonsense, as are a lot of the arguments I see against it on here. Any hallf decent player will be able to handle players just sprinting and spartan charging. being decent isn't good enough when you near a corner and get smacked followed with a stun leaving you exposed for an open headshot kill. Why don't you try looking at what the pros say about the ability and why they say it, cuz being good/bad isn't an issue when the ability ignores that concept.I can understand people not liking it or finding it not to their taste but the over-exaggeration and mis-truths on here are getting a little silly.
Your definition of "op" needs adjusted then, it's just as bad as another poster thinking op means instant kill. You see over exaggeration, I see people blinded so much due to their likeability to the thing that anyone opposing it has no idea what they're talking about or they're just looking for ways to "criticize 343".

there can't be any mis thruths when people have the stats and function of how Spartan charge is setup to back up the reasons for disliking it.
Phaaze wrote:
Phaaze wrote:
I don't care if a Spartan should actually be able to do it. Spartans should be able to do a lot of things in game, but they don't, which is why Spartan Charge needs to go. It's finicky, and when it does hit, it locks on and allows for very little reaction time to counter. It's a crutch and continues to be one.
#1 its not a "get out of jail free card"
#2 yes it is balanced gameplay because everyone has spartan charge, and if your saying its not balanced gameplay because some are better at it than others, than you might as well say that we shouldn't have a scorpion either; cause some people are not good at the scorpion either.
#3 Please! stop using the word crutch for things like this. its not a crutch.
#4 unlimited sprint was a bad idea, but its still helpful.
#5 my brother edited my post and added the hacking overshields thing.
#6 this isn't "my" argument, its everyone who doesn't want spartan charge's; its your complaint to 343 about a good idea that they added.
#1 simply saying something is or isn't adds nothing to an argument, need to add why it's not a Get out of jail free ordeal. I could argue it is when nearing corners on someone, it detracts from gun fights, you knock an opponents shields and part of their health away in one hit, stun them in the process and can generally use one precision shot at their head to finish them off right then and there, all in a matter of seconds. I haven't even mentioned how it can track people with its hitboxes and magnetism giving it that extra help.
#2 everyone having it doesn't make it balanced, we all have ARs off the start yes? It's an easy to use weapon with headshot multiplier and mid range capabilities with a faster ttk than precision weapons if it hits all of its shots. Regardless the term "balance" is going to vary person to person, there's many ways a dev goes about balancing their games, some good, some bad.
#3 I'd actually argue it as a crutch, I refer to #1 as to why it is.
#4 I think sprint as a whole is awful for this game In specific, many would also argue it isn't better in H5 due to penalties being added to it (not me though).
#6 I don't view it as a good idea or a good addition (I refer to #1 as why). If 343 really keep it in for future iterations there are better ways to do it to make it more tolerable for those who dislike how it's currently implemented such as tieing it into thrust, lowering the hand holding it does (magnetism and hitboxes, removing its ability to track), adding a meter you time correctly to make it work, etc etc.
You keep saying that the damage isn't your problem, but how it functions edits the damage which is what the hole argument is really about. How it functions only effects the damage, which effects kills, which effects the game. So in the end you are worried about damage. Stop criticizing 343.
Your comprehension needs adjusted then if ease of use equates to damage. I've already said my part, I won't keep repeating myself if you choose to keep mistaking things for something else.

criticizing 343 played no part In this, so no idea why you even referenced them when I never mentioned them once, it's like I told army, a bad mechanic is a bad mechanic, the devs name doesn't need to be brought up nor is it relevant.

I do criticize 343 quite a bit, but telling me to stop really does nothing, I have no reason not to lol, especially when I at least give alternatives or other ideas, I don't just say "this sucks!" And nothing else.
I'm not mistaking anything your saying.

343 made spartan charge (which you hate cause of the damage) and, in your post, i could tell you were critizing them for even thinking of the idea of sc (spartan charge).

I notice it does nothing, thats why your still complaining.
DomLJ wrote:
Phaaze wrote:
Phaaze wrote:
I don't care if a Spartan should actually be able to do it. Spartans should be able to do a lot of things in game, but they don't, which is why Spartan Charge needs to go. It's finicky, and when it does hit, it locks on and allows for very little reaction time to counter. It's a crutch and continues to be one.
No. believe it or not, its not a crutch. the spartan charge was a great idea by 343 and I loved it 5 minutes after I started playing the game. its an awesome add-on that helps people be able to quickly do something about the enemy that they're sprinting towards, instead of in halo 4 where if your sprinting you cant fend off an enemy for a couple seconds until your recticle appears.

Anything can be misused. I mean, people hack themselves free overshields, for goodness sake.

Overall, I think spartan charge is handy and definitely needs to stay.
If you decide to continuously sprint all around the map, you shouldn't be handed a "get out of jail free" card.

Having someone become one shot at the press of a button because you decide to run a marathon around the map and rush into your battles head on, literally, isn't balanced gameplay. It is a crutch to give you an advantage because you decided to sprint everywhere. This is why giving players infinite sprint was also a bad idea.

I don't know what hacking overshields has to do with your argument, but claiming that with no evidence and then to use that as a reason why Spartan Charge needs to stay isn't really helping your case at all.
#1 its not a "get out of jail free card"
#2 yes it is balanced gameplay because everyone has spartan charge, and if your saying its not balanced gameplay because some are better at it than others, than you might as well say that we shouldn't have a scorpion either; cause some people are not good at the scorpion either.
#3 Please! stop using the word crutch for things like this. its not a crutch.
#4 unlimited sprint was a bad idea, but its still helpful.
#5 my brother edited my post and added the hacking overshields thing.
#6 this isn't "my" argument, its everyone who doesn't want spartan charge's; its your complaint to 343 about a good idea that they added.
I agree with a lot of what you say. I am surprised there are still people trying to claim it's a 'crutch', or a 'get out of jail free card' etc.

If it were as OP and devastating as many make out then even new or bad players should be able to use this to beat much better players using guns. Clearly that is a nonsense, as are a lot of the arguments I see against it on here. Any hallf decent player will be able to handle players just sprinting and spartan charging.

I can understand people not liking it or finding it not to their taste but the over-exaggeration and mis-truths on here are getting a little silly.
this guy understands why your wrong UEG shadow angel. a special thankyou to DomLJ.
Phaaze wrote:
Phaaze wrote:
I don't care if a Spartan should actually be able to do it. Spartans should be able to do a lot of things in game, but they don't, which is why Spartan Charge needs to go. It's finicky, and when it does hit, it locks on and allows for very little reaction time to counter. It's a crutch and continues to be one.
#1 its not a "get out of jail free card"
#2 yes it is balanced gameplay because everyone has spartan charge, and if your saying its not balanced gameplay because some are better at it than others, than you might as well say that we shouldn't have a scorpion either; cause some people are not good at the scorpion either.
#3 Please! stop using the word crutch for things like this. its not a crutch.
#4 unlimited sprint was a bad idea, but its still helpful.
#5 my brother edited my post and added the hacking overshields thing.
#6 this isn't "my" argument, its everyone who doesn't want spartan charge's; its your complaint to 343 about a good idea that they added.
#1 simply saying something is or isn't adds nothing to an argument, need to add why it's not a Get out of jail free ordeal. I could argue it is when nearing corners on someone, it detracts from gun fights, you knock an opponents shields and part of their health away in one hit, stun them in the process and can generally use one precision shot at their head to finish them off right then and there, all in a matter of seconds. I haven't even mentioned how it can track people with its hitboxes and magnetism giving it that extra help.
#2 everyone having it doesn't make it balanced, we all have ARs off the start yes? It's an easy to use weapon with headshot multiplier and mid range capabilities with a faster ttk than precision weapons if it hits all of its shots. Regardless the term "balance" is going to vary person to person, there's many ways a dev goes about balancing their games, some good, some bad.
#3 I'd actually argue it as a crutch, I refer to #1 as to why it is.
#4 I think sprint as a whole is awful for this game In specific, many would also argue it isn't better in H5 due to penalties being added to it (not me though).
#6 I don't view it as a good idea or a good addition (I refer to #1 as why). If 343 really keep it in for future iterations there are better ways to do it to make it more tolerable for those who dislike how it's currently implemented such as tieing it into thrust, lowering the hand holding it does (magnetism and hitboxes, removing its ability to track), adding a meter you time correctly to make it work, etc etc.
The majority of people's problems is roughly this: It takes out your shields with one hit from the front (leaving you susceptible to one headshot), kills in one hit from the back, magnetizes to players, and that it's not balanced.

This entire argument (minus the magnetism) can be applied to H3 melee. It took out shields in one hit, killed instantly from behind, and you can walk around all day punching people. Sound familiar? There is no difference between the two except for this: Spartan Charge is activated via Sprint. And Sprint, I think, is the core of the problem.
People don't like change, so, because Sprint was made available whenever by 343 (instead of Bungie), it is different from Bungie's games and therefore bad. If Bungie had invented Spartan Charge, it would be accepted like Evade or Hologram. But it wasn't. 343 is in charge now, and people are looking for every and any reason to complain.
The actually good players can evade Spartan Charge, and that is at least part of why pros don't use it. Have you never pulled a ninja on someone? If you have, evading Spartan Charge isn't much different, and, even if you get hit, the charger is now at a disadvantage not knowing where you are.
You're looking at it from a damage perspective which I've said isn't my issue, it's how it's implemented and how it functions. I could care less on its damage output as you're right, it knocks your shields down and sets you up for a one shot to the head just as a melee would, but again, not my issue. My issue is how easy it is to use and when it's used, and it differs very much compared to the H3 melee you mentioned when it comes to function and implementation. Thing is sprint really isn't an issue, double pummel had no correlation to sprint and it shares the same dislikes as Spartan charge.

you're quite naive if you honestly think people praised (and would praise) everything bungie did. People voiced distaste of abilities since reach, 343 continued it so of course they too will get backlash. Bungie implemented sprint in reach and 343 continued it, again, of course backlash will continue it. It being a 343 implementation literally means nothing, a bad mechanic is a bad mechanic, simple as that, the dev who did it means nothing. People have voiced bungies lack of refining the sandbox since H2 till they left, they voiced how they went about dlc, customization, I could go on. If 343 is willing to continue pushing the addition of bad mechanics, then they're opening themselves up to the criticism, just as bungie did. Just don't play that card when it comes to "343 hater" or "bungie purists", etc etc as it's irrelevant.
You keep saying that the damage isn't your problem, but how it functions edits the damage which is what the hole argument is really about. How it functions only effects the damage, which effects kills, which effects the game. So in the end you are worried about damage. Stop criticizing 343.
I agree with you on Spartan Charge, man, but you need to cool down and take a breather. You don't seem to care what other people think.
Both parties have decent points.

Spartan Charge should not be able to track you around walls. It should be what it says it is. A charge. Everything in Halo can be improved, depending on what you like and don't like. SC should drop magnetism, and be like a thrust melee with knockback.

On the other hand, I like it with the bashable walls and whatnot, and a noob sc-ing someone will give them a chance to try and escape. A good player can still beat it, but it catches them off guard while kind of protecting them from the double melee.

I think that neither side fully understands the other, and that is what has caused all of these arguments, so let's try to see the other side of the coin and get back to this less harshly.
I'm fine with Spartan Charge as it is currently. But.. Spartan Charge will be somewhat nerfed with the new motion sensor. You see, normal movement doesn't show up on the radar: only Spartan abilities do. Examples: sprinting, doing a ground pound, clambering and doing a Spartan charge (well you are already sprinting so you are on the radar anyway) shows up on the new radar. Also the radar's range is increased from 18 m to 25 m, so it won't be as op to use Spartan charge anymore. You will show up on radar earlier than before.

Maybe it will make some people happier about Spartan charge if the new radar becomes a success and is implemented to matchmaking entirely.
DomLJ wrote:
Phaaze wrote:
Phaaze wrote:
I don't care if a Spartan should actually be able to do it. Spartans should be able to do a lot of things in game, but they don't, which is why Spartan Charge needs to go. It's finicky, and when it does hit, it locks on and allows for very little reaction time to counter. It's a crutch and continues to be one.
No. believe it or not, its not a crutch. the spartan charge was a great idea by 343 and I loved it 5 minutes after I started playing the game. its an awesome add-on that helps people be able to quickly do something about the enemy that they're sprinting towards, instead of in halo 4 where if your sprinting you cant fend off an enemy for a couple seconds until your recticle appears.

Anything can be misused. I mean, people hack themselves free overshields, for goodness sake.

Overall, I think spartan charge is handy and definitely needs to stay.
If you decide to continuously sprint all around the map, you shouldn't be handed a "get out of jail free" card.

Having someone become one shot at the press of a button because you decide to run a marathon around the map and rush into your battles head on, literally, isn't balanced gameplay. It is a crutch to give you an advantage because you decided to sprint everywhere. This is why giving players infinite sprint was also a bad idea.

I don't know what hacking overshields has to do with your argument, but claiming that with no evidence and then to use that as a reason why Spartan Charge needs to stay isn't really helping your case at all.
this guy understands why your wrong UEG shadow angel. a special thankyou to DomLJ.
So differing views mean I'm wrong? Color me suprised, the typical waypoint response.

Ill sit here waiting for a real response, till then I'm not going to keep responding to your kind of posts, especially when......
Phaaze wrote:
Phaaze wrote:
I don't care if a Spartan should actually be able to do it. Spartans should be able to do a lot of things in game, but they don't, which is why Spartan Charge needs to go. It's finicky, and when it does hit, it locks on and allows for very little reaction time to counter. It's a crutch and continues to be one.
#1 its not a "get out of jail free card"
#2 yes it is balanced gameplay because everyone has spartan charge, and if your saying its not balanced gameplay because some are better at it than others, than you might as well say that we shouldn't have a scorpion either; cause some people are not good at the scorpion either.
#3 Please! stop using the word crutch for things like this. its not a crutch.
#4 unlimited sprint was a bad idea, but its still helpful.
#5 my brother edited my post and added the hacking overshields thing.
#6 this isn't "my" argument, its everyone who doesn't want spartan charge's; its your complaint to 343 about a good idea that they added.
#1 simply saying something is or isn't adds nothing to an argument, need to add why it's not a Get out of jail free ordeal. I could argue it is when nearing corners on someone, it detracts from gun fights, you knock an opponents shields and part of their health away in one hit, stun them in the process and can generally use one precision shot at their head to finish them off right then and there, all in a matter of seconds. I haven't even mentioned how it can track people with its hitboxes and magnetism giving it that extra help.
#2 everyone having it doesn't make it balanced, we all have ARs off the start yes? It's an easy to use weapon with headshot multiplier and mid range capabilities with a faster ttk than precision weapons if it hits all of its shots. Regardless the term "balance" is going to vary person to person, there's many ways a dev goes about balancing their games, some good, some bad.
#3 I'd actually argue it as a crutch, I refer to #1 as to why it is.
#4 I think sprint as a whole is awful for this game In specific, many would also argue it isn't better in H5 due to penalties being added to it (not me though).
#6 I don't view it as a good idea or a good addition (I refer to #1 as why). If 343 really keep it in for future iterations there are better ways to do it to make it more tolerable for those who dislike how it's currently implemented such as tieing it into thrust, lowering the hand holding it does (magnetism and hitboxes, removing its ability to track), adding a meter you time correctly to make it work, etc etc.
You keep saying that the damage isn't your problem, but how it functions edits the damage which is what the hole argument is really about. How it functions only effects the damage, which effects kills, which effects the game. So in the end you are worried about damage. Stop criticizing 343.
Your comprehension needs adjusted then if ease of use equates to damage. I've already said my part, I won't keep repeating myself if you choose to keep mistaking things for something else.

criticizing 343 played no part In this, so no idea why you even referenced them when I never mentioned them once, it's like I told army, a bad mechanic is a bad mechanic, the devs name doesn't need to be brought up nor is it relevant.

I do criticize 343 quite a bit, but telling me to stop really does nothing, I have no reason not to lol, especially when I at least give alternatives or other ideas, I don't just say "this sucks!" And nothing else.
I'm not mistaking anything your saying.

343 made spartan charge (which you hate cause of the damage) and, in your post, i could tell you were critizing them for even thinking of the idea of sc (spartan charge).

I notice it does nothing, thats why your still complaining.
you post such an ignorant response in this lol. You once again mistake one thing for another and then you decide to take it upon yourself to decide what I said and did not say(me criticizing something in a game does not mean I'm criticizing 343 in specific, you're just trying to put words in my mouth that was never said). Raising or lowering hitboxes, magnetism, the curve tracking it has, does not in any way effect damage as the damage isn't being touched, you show a clear lack of understanding gaming mechanics if this is how you want to play this game and I won't have it anymore......

give me a reason to not complain (more or less criticize really) buddy, I'll keep going when I can offer alternatives and the extra opinion.
Both parties have decent points.

Spartan Charge should not be able to track you around walls. It should be what it says it is. A charge. Everything in Halo can be improved, depending on what you like and don't like. SC should drop magnetism, and be like a thrust melee with knockback.

On the other hand, I like it with the bashable walls and whatnot, and a noob sc-ing someone will give them a chance to try and escape. A good player can still beat it, but it catches them off guard while kind of protecting them from the double melee.

I think that neither side fully understands the other, and that is what has caused all of these arguments, so let's try to see the other side of the coin and get back to this less harshly.
I wouldn't say anyone's being harsh, but more or less passionate in what they believe. Note I haven't name called and the such (sure my tone may be aggressive but I'm not necessarily trying to start a fight either). I just think more comprehension would go a long ways in here.

Im in no way trying to change people's mind as I ultimately don't care if people like or dislike Spartan charge. I don't mind that people like it and I don't begrudge people for liking something I don't, it's not my thing. I will still give my view on it and if I dislike something I'll offer my take to improve it.
Spartan charge does need to stay. As well as continuing to make Spartans feel powerful, FAST, and stealthy.

I am a huge Halo fan. But Halo must continue to evolve. Halo Combat Evolved back in 2001 was ground-breaking. Spartans should not lumber around like Dr. Frankenstein's monster. And with that power, speed, and stealth... awesome abilities like Spartan Charge
Phaaze wrote:
Phaaze wrote:
I don't care if a Spartan should actually be able to do it. Spartans should be able to do a lot of things in game, but they don't, which is why Spartan Charge needs to go. It's finicky, and when it does hit, it locks on and allows for very little reaction time to counter. It's a crutch and continues to be one.
#1 its not a "get out of jail free card"
#2 yes it is balanced gameplay because everyone has spartan charge, and if your saying its not balanced gameplay because some are better at it than others, than you might as well say that we shouldn't have a scorpion either; cause some people are not good at the scorpion either.
#3 Please! stop using the word crutch for things like this. its not a crutch.
#4 unlimited sprint was a bad idea, but its still helpful.
#5 my brother edited my post and added the hacking overshields thing.
#6 this isn't "my" argument, its everyone who doesn't want spartan charge's; its your complaint to 343 about a good idea that they added.
#1 simply saying something is or isn't adds nothing to an argument, need to add why it's not a Get out of jail free ordeal. I could argue it is when nearing corners on someone, it detracts from gun fights, you knock an opponents shields and part of their health away in one hit, stun them in the process and can generally use one precision shot at their head to finish them off right then and there, all in a matter of seconds. I haven't even mentioned how it can track people with its hitboxes and magnetism giving it that extra help.
#2 everyone having it doesn't make it balanced, we all have ARs off the start yes? It's an easy to use weapon with headshot multiplier and mid range capabilities with a faster ttk than precision weapons if it hits all of its shots. Regardless the term "balance" is going to vary person to person, there's many ways a dev goes about balancing their games, some good, some bad.
#3 I'd actually argue it as a crutch, I refer to #1 as to why it is.
#4 I think sprint as a whole is awful for this game In specific, many would also argue it isn't better in H5 due to penalties being added to it (not me though).
#6 I don't view it as a good idea or a good addition (I refer to #1 as why). If 343 really keep it in for future iterations there are better ways to do it to make it more tolerable for those who dislike how it's currently implemented such as tieing it into thrust, lowering the hand holding it does (magnetism and hitboxes, removing its ability to track), adding a meter you time correctly to make it work, etc etc.
The majority of people's problems is roughly this: It takes out your shields with one hit from the front (leaving you susceptible to one headshot), kills in one hit from the back, magnetizes to players, and that it's not balanced.

This entire argument (minus the magnetism) can be applied to H3 melee. It took out shields in one hit, killed instantly from behind, and you can walk around all day punching people. Sound familiar? There is no difference between the two except for this: Spartan Charge is activated via Sprint. And Sprint, I think, is the core of the problem.
People don't like change, so, because Sprint was made available whenever by 343 (instead of Bungie), it is different from Bungie's games and therefore bad. If Bungie had invented Spartan Charge, it would be accepted like Evade or Hologram. But it wasn't. 343 is in charge now, and people are looking for every and any reason to complain.
The actually good players can evade Spartan Charge, and that is at least part of why pros don't use it. Have you never pulled a ninja on someone? If you have, evading Spartan Charge isn't much different, and, even if you get hit, the charger is now at a disadvantage not knowing where you are.
You're looking at it from a damage perspective which I've said isn't my issue, it's how it's implemented and how it functions. I could care less on its damage output as you're right, it knocks your shields down and sets you up for a one shot to the head just as a melee would, but again, not my issue. My issue is how easy it is to use and when it's used, and it differs very much compared to the H3 melee you mentioned when it comes to function and implementation. Thing is sprint really isn't an issue, double pummel had no correlation to sprint and it shares the same dislikes as Spartan charge.

you're quite naive if you honestly think people praised (and would praise) everything bungie did. People voiced distaste of abilities since reach, 343 continued it so of course they too will get backlash. Bungie implemented sprint in reach and 343 continued it, again, of course backlash will continue it. It being a 343 implementation literally means nothing, a bad mechanic is a bad mechanic, simple as that, the dev who did it means nothing. People have voiced bungies lack of refining the sandbox since H2 till they left, they voiced how they went about dlc, customization, I could go on. If 343 is willing to continue pushing the addition of bad mechanics, then they're opening themselves up to the criticism, just as bungie did. Just don't play that card when it comes to "343 hater" or "bungie purists", etc etc as it's irrelevant.
You keep saying that the damage isn't your problem, but how it functions edits the damage which is what the hole argument is really about. How it functions only effects the damage, which effects kills, which effects the game. So in the end you are worried about damage. Stop criticizing 343.
If Spartan Charge does 70 points of damage to a Spartan, changing the hitbox, the bullet magnetism, the stun time, or even the range of Spartan Charge, it doesn't change the damage. Spartan Charge still does 70 points of damage.

This recent update just changed the aim assist on a Sniper when out of scope. Yet it still does the same damage as it has before.

Damage isn't the overarching factor of a mechanic. Effectiveness is the overarching factor of a mechanic. If we change the range of Thruster, damage isn't changed, effectiveness is changed. The damage remains at 0 both before and after the change.

Damage isn't the problem. How it functions edits the effectiveness which is what the argument is about. How it functions affects its use, which affects its kills, which affects the game.
I say keep the charge in play. A most satisfying way of taking someone out.
Here we go ladies and gentlemen, bring it! Spartan charge is a good concept gone wrong. It is essentially a cheap kill. Argue your way out of that, I dare you.
How is it a cheap kill? Its not even a one hit kill.
For something to be cheap, does not mean it has to always kill you in one hit.

Spartan Charge promotes gameplay where you are rewarded for sprinting into the enemy team.

It has magnetism and a DISGUSTING range and when you do get hit, most of the time you won't be able to counter it and connect a melee because you got pushed back from it.

Keep in Warzone, but remove in Arena.
Its amazing to me when people try to tell me its OP. The only way you can die to spartan charge is if you're insanely out of position or just completely unaware.
On the other side of the coin its REALLY satisfying to kill someone who is clueless and/or out of position by literally running into them.
I love playing social with my brother and just trucking kids. It reminds me of madden 05 lmao
eBenguin wrote:
Its amazing to me when people try to tell me its OP. The only way you can die to spartan charge is if you're insanely out of position or just completely unaware.
On the other side of the coin its REALLY satisfying to kill someone who is clueless and/or out of position by literally running into them.
I love playing social with my brother and just trucking kids. It reminds me of madden 05 lmao
Because OP =/= one shot kill.

Armor Lock was OP, but it didn't always kill people.
Dizzy BiH wrote:
Here we go ladies and gentlemen, bring it! Spartan charge is a good concept gone wrong. It is essentially a cheap kill. Argue your way out of that, I dare you.
How is it a cheap kill? Its not even a one hit kill.
For something to be cheap, does not mean it has to always kill you in one hit.

Spartan Charge promotes gameplay where you are rewarded for sprinting into the enemy team.

It has magnetism and a DISGUSTING range and when you do get hit, most of the time you won't be able to counter it and connect a melee because you got pushed back from it.

Keep in Warzone, but remove in Arena.
i will agree with that last bit. And ya if they turned off aim assist it would be perfect.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
How is it a cheap kill? Its not even a one hit kill.
Because you can get kills with it by just mindlessly sprinting around the map and it requires the bare minimum of skill to use effectively. You can be around ten feet away from an opponent and get a kill with it and it has magnetism so it can turn into opponents. It is a one hit kill when you hit someone in the back or if the player is low shields.
Low shields doesn't count because that player already took DMG from another source. And with that argument one could say rocket launcher is cheap because you can mindlessly jump around a corner and blast enemies.
Actually a rocket launcher is different because you usually have to fight to get it, there is a limited amount of ammo, it takes time for another one to spawn, it takes way more aim to use, and you don't spawn with it.
Here we go ladies and gentlemen, bring it! Spartan charge is a good concept gone wrong. It is essentially a cheap kill. Argue your way out of that, I dare you.
I argue the plasma pistol BR combo has existed since Halo 2.
Spartan Charge adds absolutely nothing to the game, it's by far my least-liked addition to Halo 5, next to Ground Pound. In conjunction with the trash motion tracker Halo 5's multiplayer uses and the insane stun that Spartan Charge does to enemy players, it's a noob-friendly ability that does not enrich Halo's multiplayer whatsoever. By a lore standpoint, yeah, I can see why it was implemented, but it's such an easy ability to use and makes multiplayer much less enjoyable. By the time I see someone on my radar, I hardly have any time to prepare myself in the case of a Spartan Charge (Unless I have a Energy Sword or Shotgun, which I usually don't) besides thrusting or jumping and holding myself in the air while aiming down, and even then I still get charged because SC targets me like a homing cruise missile. The knockback that charging does makes it literally impossible for your adversary to have a fighting chance, therefore giving the user a cheap and easy kill. We already have Sprint, and sadly, it looks like it's here to stay in Halo's future installments as a default ability. Adding in more unnecessary abilities like Spartan Charge and Ground Pound just makes Halo another ability-heavy FPS that already overpopulate the market. Halo needs to revert to the golden triangle of melee-grenade-weapon ideology that made the other Halos so successful.
HYv47 wrote:
Well may people don't like it because it can be very annoying, and a bunch other reasons that I can't think of. But I am ok with it, and if it does return in Halo 6 it should be modified a little.
One way I think it could be modified is by reducing the damage it does to the targeted player. Maybe by puncturing their shields 50% and stunning them a little (Like it does currently) will give the receiver a fighting chance. I'd be a lot more comfortable with how Spartan Charge acts currently in Halo 5 if the motion tracker was increased to 25m like how it functioned in previous Halos, so players could prepare faster.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 7
  4. 8
  5. 9
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. ...
  9. 30