Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Spartan charge wouldin be as bad if

OP xxLil1600xx

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
If it didint still hit u when u thrust to the side like seriously it doesn't make sense at all , it shows it doesn't physically hit u but u still take damage or at least make it where its limited Sprint instead of unlimited
I just hate it in general. It's the one change 343 made to halo that I just can't agree with
If 343 wanted to incorporate extra melee damage with a thrust ability, it should've been tied to Thruster Pack... a'la momentum-based melee modifiers like Halo 2. Tying it to the Thruster Pack keeps things much more balanced, plus it's a little more challenging to execute and that's a welcomed challenge for something as strong as Spartan Charge.

So you thrust at an enemy and melee... extra damage is dealt and now, you're in Thruster cooldown... AND melee cooldown. If the other player lands a simultaneous melee, you both have equal chances to clean up the kill. And you're stuck... you cannot throw in another thrust to juke the enemy. But instead of having to land a headshot to get the kill, maybe you only need to hit a body shot, due to the extra momentum damage. But... this still gives the other player the chance maybe to thrust to throw off YOUR shot and maybe they'll land the headshot. Balanced... even when you get the jump.

So then if you miss? You're stuck in cooldown, you can't just dodge and recover your orientation to the enemy. It's the chance YOU took to try and land extra damage. Maybe you'll recover and survive the encounter, maybe you won't...

There wouldn't be a 3rd person animation... it wouldn't be OP... it would just be an extension of the already present melee "lunge" mechanic. Very balanced and "Halo" in implementation. Truthfully, I was pushing for this back in the H5 Beta, but we all know how the game ended up... I think Spartan Charge ended up being even MORE powerful, easy-to-use and thus, unbalanced in the end.

Thruster-Melee's in H6 please! Same idea, different implementation... UNIQUE implementation. It's not something they just ripped from Destiny to a T.
Of the post Halo 3 abilities I do like sprint; aside from playing around with some glitches I was never a huge fan of any of the other abilities. I would be happy if they took things like spartan charge out of the game.
If it didint still hit u when u thrust to the side like seriously it doesn't make sense at all , it shows it doesn't physically hit u but u still take damage or at least make it where its limited Sprint instead of unlimited
It doesn't hit you when you thrust to the side, unless you're experiencing lag issues.
what i'd rather see is make melee damage dependent upon the weapon:
and if you're in the air like halo 2 Jumping 1 kit melee kills with the rocket....big size weapons do more damage 2 hit kill, smaller weapons 3 hit kill on full shields and hitting while in the air increases damage.
D M4N8 wrote:
It doesn't hit you when you thrust to the side, unless you're experiencing lag issues.
It can hit you as you're thrusting to the side if you don't thrust soon enough. The aim assit turns the charge into you which is why it's hard to avoid. It's not an easy thing to time because you have to predict that a person will spartan charge and if you thrust too early, the person will aim towards you, but if you thrust too late, the charge will turn into you and hit you. An exception would be if the person is charging you, but you're at the fringe of the charge's radius. I think in that scenario the charge would just go straight and not lock onto you which would then make it easy to avoid by thrusting.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
D M4N8 wrote:
It can hit you as you're thrusting to the side if you don't thrust soon enough. The aim assit turns the charge into you which is why it's hard to avoid. It's not an easy thing to time because you have to predict that a person will spartan charge and if you thrust too early, the person will aim towards you, but if you thrust too late, the charge will turn into you and hit you. An exception would be if the person is charging you, but you're at the fringe of the charge's radius. I think in that scenario the charge would just go straight and not lock onto you which would then make it easy to avoid by thrusting.
Yeah, I just didn't know if this is what OP meant.
Thrust is pretty much broken sometimes. I can charge into someone, SOMEHOW completely miss. Someone charges into me, I boost out of the way and their thrust completely turns. Is thrust only suppose to work head on forward. Not magically take a 90* turn?
I was in mid-thrust away from an attacker and I swear it seems as if I was pulled back into the attacker, and killed of course.
Personally I enjoy these new "combat movements" like ground smash and the spartan shoulder charge. It incorporates some very new and interesting ways to overcome challenges and foes in the PvP and PvE setting. For example this week playing BTB I was able to flip over an enemy ghost with the spartan charge allowing us to cap their flag.
Yeah. It doesn't really. *cough* hitbox *cough*
I like spartan cargo but from the air.

Reduce the damage of the charge spartan

Spartan charge sprint damage Reduce to 50% of the shield.

Single air spartan charge, with 100% damage on shield.
I don't hate Spartan charge, it's just really cheap to use in my opinion. Also it would be a cool concept from 343 but they just took the idea from Destiny.
I just hate the spartan charge hitboxes. Once I spartan charged a guy and he charged to me too. It wouldve been a trade but mine didnt load. I lost from that.
I just hate it in general. It's the one change 343 made to halo that I just can't agree with
That's the only change they made that bothered you? The only change.....
Spartan Charge is an Armor Ability that fits in nicely with the HCS radar. With that big 25m motion tracker the Spartan Charge can be anticipated by a mile... 25m away. I really wish the HCS motion tracker was the motion tracker used by default.
D M4N8 wrote:
When you play from Australia it hits yo no matter what I've been hit aroundcorners behind and through walls and even from a different floor so there is nothing I can do but it does make it hard
Thrust is pretty much broken sometimes. I can charge into someone, SOMEHOW completely miss. Someone charges into me, I boost out of the way and their thrust completely turns. Is thrust only suppose to work head on forward. Not magically take a 90* turn?
It's lag I play from aus and get hit around corners through walls and even from different floors after I've dropped there's nothing you can do about t
JC00795 wrote:
D M4N8 wrote:
When you play from Australia it hits yo no matter what I've been hit aroundcorners behind and through walls and even from a different floor so there is nothing I can do but it does make it hard
This guy is right, we don't stand a chance here, you can thrust aside whenever you like, you'll still get hit when the attacker charges and turns 90° and teleports to your new position.

Melee works about the same, especially after they buffed the lunge range after the beta; you can't escape it most times unless your opponent was way off.

Maybe it's just our crappy internet, but I don't know an Aussie that hasn't had all sorts of strange things happen online.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2