Spartan ops season 2

OP HK Thaniel

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Why wasn't a second season included? Is it because the Infinity isn't there? In that case do you think season 2 will be in halo 6?
Do not bump threads.

Spoiler:
Show
I would like a second season of Spartan ops as well. I enjoyed playing it on halo 4 and would like it to return hopefully in halo 6 though I doubt it will happen.
They should bring spartan ops to halo 5, it would be a good addition to the game.
Because the first one sucked. Sucked so hard that season 2 was cancelled and turned into escalations.
Because the first one sucked. Sucked so hard that season 2 was cancelled and turned into escalations.
It didn't suck though it was indeed repetitive. It would be really cool if they did a spartan ops season 2 with old missions from blue team though.
It didn't suck though it was indeed repetitive. It would be really cool if they did a spartan ops season 2 with old missions from blue team though.
Spartan Ops did suck. It was incredibly repetitive and we never even saw our Spartans in the cutscenes. We did all the work, then we watch a bunch of other random -Yoinks!- Spartans take all the credit. Palmer constantly saying "egg heads" didn't help either. The constant reusing of the same maps and absolutely no customization options also helped ensure that it got a place in The Worst Game Modes of all time Hall of Shame.

I remember not too long before Halo 4 launched, BS Angel made a post saying that Spartan Ops would be a worthy successor to Firefight and that if you loved Firefight, you would also love Spartan Ops. Boy were they wrong.
It was enjoyable for some, while others disliked it. Which is why it was taken out as the majority seemed to dislike it.
Spartan Ops did suck. It was incredibly repetitive and we never even saw our Spartans in the cutscenes. We did all the work, then we watch a bunch of other random -Yoinks!- Spartans take all the credit. Palmer constantly saying "egg heads" didn't help either. The constant reusing of the same maps and absolutely no customization options also helped ensure that it got a place in The Worst Game Modes of all time Hall of Shame.

I remember not too long before Halo 4 launched, BS Angel made a post saying that Spartan Ops would be a worthy successor to Firefight and that if you loved Firefight, you would also love Spartan Ops. Boy were they wrong.
It comes down to preference. It didn't suck, you didn't like it. I did like it and so did many others, many others also disliked it. Anyway it seems your more emotionally influenced by the topic but I will acknowledge again that it was repetitive. You pointed out good points, still doesn't equate to something as bad though. Optimally they'd take the feedback and if they made a second season they would address the points you mentioned.
It was enjoyable for some, while others disliked it. Which is why it was taken out as the majority seemed to dislike it.
too bad, I liked it a lot
I liked Spart an Ops, a lot. Yeah, it was repetitive at times. But it was free, and it was a small campaign like addition to the overall game. If it was something that we had to buy, then I could understand the complaints.

I think the main problem here is the majority of people these day just like to get on the internet and complain about everything. No matter what it is.
The first season of Spartan Ops was amazing. I loved it an replayed it many many many times... too many. I loved the story and the each missions - the dialogue was often hilarious.

Aaaand, it was the most disappointing thing for me that they cancelled S02.
I was secretly hoping they'd bring back Spartan Ops 2.0 with Halo 5, but Microsoft seems to be only interested in e-sports and money. :/

Damn, that's my biggest wish - to get Spartan Ops S02 or 2.0.
(I hope the WZ FIrefight could be something like that... but... yeah)
I guess it costed to much money idk

It comes down to preference. It didn't suck, you didn't like it. I did like it and so did many others, many others also disliked it. Anyway it seems your more emotionally influenced by the topic but I will acknowledge again that it was repetitive. You pointed out good points, still doesn't equate to something as bad though. Optimally they'd take the feedback and if they made a second season they would address the points you mentioned.
It was bad, really... really bad.

You had infinite lives. Every character was annoying. Repetitive is putting it lightly. It was a lag fest on multiplayer.

If they cancelled season 2 then there must have been very few people who enjoyed it. Most people don't like repetitive, mind numbing, brain cell destroying, easy modes.
MarMaruh wrote:
The first season of Spartan Ops was amazing. I loved it an replayed it many many many times... too many. I loved the story and the each missions - the dialogue was often hilarious.

I was secretly hoping they'd bring back Spartan Ops 2.0 with Halo 5, but Microsoft seems to be only interested in e-sports and money. :/

What, you don't like hearing yourself talk on Warzone?
+1

Was best thing in a Halo game so far. made what we got as Halo 5 look really poor and sub standard
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not repost content a moderator has removed, repost a topic that has been locked, or post about forum moderation decisions. If you have a question or concern about a forum moderation decision, please private message the applicable moderator.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
MarMaruh wrote:
Warzone doesn't have a story.

These are just training simulations, nothing more.

I enjoyed Spartan Ops for the story. Each episode having a cutscene and then all the missions being quite unique with the dialogue, etc.

This is what the Warzone lacks for me. The story and campaign-like thing and this is what was in Spartan Ops only.

PS. To answer your question - I like it... Well, I'm the one talking, right? :P They pay me, so I have no problem with that... it's better than paperwork...
MarMaruh wrote:
MarMaruh wrote:

I enjoyed Spartan Ops for the story. Each episode having a cutscene and then all the missions being quite unique with the dialogue, etc.

This is what the Warzone lacks for me. The story and campaign-like thing and this is what was in Spartan Ops only.

PS. To answer your question - I like it... Well, I'm the one talking, right? :P They pay me, so I have no problem with that... it's better than paperwork...
Lol that P.S. message though
MarMaruh wrote:
MarMaruh wrote:

No story is better than a bad one.
StillEuan wrote:
+1

Was best thing in a Halo game so far. made what we got as Halo 5 look really poor and sub standard
If Spartan Ops was the best thing in a Halo game I think I'll actually consider playing CoD.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4