Spartan ops season 2

OP HK Thaniel

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Because the first one sucked. Sucked so hard that season 2 was cancelled and turned into escalations.
It didn't suck though it was indeed repetitive. It would be really cool if they did a spartan ops season 2 with old missions from blue team though.
Spartan Ops did suck. It was incredibly repetitive and we never even saw our Spartans in the cutscenes. We did all the work, then we watch a bunch of other random -Yoinks!- Spartans take all the credit. Palmer constantly saying "egg heads" didn't help either. The constant reusing of the same maps and absolutely no customization options also helped ensure that it got a place in The Worst Game Modes of all time Hall of Shame.

I remember not too long before Halo 4 launched, BS Angel made a post saying that Spartan Ops would be a worthy successor to Firefight and that if you loved Firefight, you would also love Spartan Ops. Boy were they wrong.
It comes down to preference. It didn't suck, you didn't like it. I did like it and so did many others, many others also disliked it. Anyway it seems your more emotionally influenced by the topic but I will acknowledge again that it was repetitive. You pointed out good points, still doesn't equate to something as bad though. Optimally they'd take the feedback and if they made a second season they would address the points you mentioned.
It was bad, really... really bad.

You had infinite lives. Every character was annoying. Repetitive is putting it lightly. It was a lag fest on multiplayer.

If they cancelled season 2 then there must have been very few people who enjoyed it. Most people don't like repetitive, mind numbing, brain cell destroying, easy modes.
They cancelled it because they were to scared that people would continue to squat on their effort even if they made improvements using player feedback which is also why Halo 5 is a colossal failure or at least was until now with warzone firefight. Well that is what I think at least. Although I liked it, it was indeed repetitive in map design and objectives but depending on the difficulty and if you played alone or in a group it wasn't that easy. I don't know why you say its so mind numbing or brain cell destroying, I feel like you are just over exaggerating how much you hate spartan ops.
I really enjoyed Spartan Ops as well, but I doubt they will bring it back. It catered to people who enjoyed a continuation to the campaign. Most people today just buy a game for the multiplayer, so it would just be a waste of time and resources for 343.
Because the first one sucked. Sucked so hard that season 2 was cancelled and turned into escalations.
It didn't suck though it was indeed repetitive. It would be really cool if they did a spartan ops season 2 with old missions from blue team though.
Spartan Ops did suck. It was incredibly repetitive and we never even saw our Spartans in the cutscenes. We did all the work, then we watch a bunch of other random -Yoinks!- Spartans take all the credit. Palmer constantly saying "egg heads" didn't help either. The constant reusing of the same maps and absolutely no customization options also helped ensure that it got a place in The Worst Game Modes of all time Hall of Shame.

I remember not too long before Halo 4 launched, BS Angel made a post saying that Spartan Ops would be a worthy successor to Firefight and that if you loved Firefight, you would also love Spartan Ops. Boy were they wrong.
It comes down to preference. It didn't suck, you didn't like it. I did like it and so did many others, many others also disliked it. Anyway it seems your more emotionally influenced by the topic but I will acknowledge again that it was repetitive. You pointed out good points, still doesn't equate to something as bad though. Optimally they'd take the feedback and if they made a second season they would address the points you mentioned.

You had infinite lives. Every character was annoying. Repetitive is putting it lightly. It was a lag fest on multiplayer.

If they cancelled season 2 then there must have been very few people who enjoyed it. Most people don't like repetitive, mind numbing, brain cell destroying, easy modes.
They cancelled it because they were to scared that people would continue to squat on their effort even if they made improvements using player feedback which is also why Halo 5 is a colossal failure or at least was until now with warzone firefight. Well that is what I think at least. Although I liked it, it was indeed repetitive in map design and objectives but depending on the difficulty and if you played alone or in a group it wasn't that easy. I don't know why you say its so mind numbing or brain cell destroying, I feel like you are just over exaggerating how much you hate spartan ops.
Maybe, I really hated it though. But yes, it was always way to easy. Even if you had it on legendary you could still keep respawning with plasma grenades and infinite lives until you eventually, and inevitably, won. The characters were also so, unbelievably, annoying. Roland, Palmer, Miller, and most of Majestic would just drive me nuts. The best characters were fire team Crimson... Its funny because they didn't have any.

Also I entirely disagree on Spartan Ops having anything to do with Halo 5's "Failure", which I also don't think is true, but thats an argument for another time.
They colud do a second "season" as a campaing (like Halo 3 ODST) without the "episodes" feeling that makes Spartan Ops repetitive, something after HW2 that can give us clues about Halo 6's story, maybe a Paid DLC for Halo 5, not other game

Maybe, I really hated it though. But yes, it was always way to easy. Even if you had it on legendary you could still keep respawning with plasma grenades and infinite lives until you eventually, and inevitably, won. The characters were also so, unbelievably, annoying. Roland, Palmer, Miller, and most of Majestic would just drive me nuts. The best characters were fire team Crimson... Its funny because they didn't have any.

Also I entirely disagree on Spartan Ops having anything to do with Halo 5's "Failure", which I also don't think is true, but thats an argument for another time.
I didnt mean it had to do with Halo 5s failure but meant it more as it suffered from the same things Halo 5 suffered from which is poor feedback from the halo community.
Spartan Ops was a hybrid story and firefight. That is why it had such minimal story and repetitive game-play/environment. However it was still awesome, especially when they gave us vehicles.

I didnt mean it had to do with Halo 5s failure but meant it more as it suffered from the same things Halo 5 suffered from which is poor feedback from the halo community.
Oh ok, I think Halo 5 is a great game though.

Yes, I didn't like it. Do you know why I didn't like it? Because it sucked.
Ummm you mean button Ops 2?
“Soon Halo’s reclamation will begin, but when it does, the weight of your denial will stay your feet, and you shall be left behind ”
The first 5 episodes of Spartan ops sucked. 6-10 were great. I don't think they will be making a season 2.
I loved Spartan Ops from Halo 4, especially the later missions (new maps), I hope they bring them back in the form of DLC in Halo 5
Probably not going to happen
I really enjoyed Spartan Ops and while yes some of the missions were repetitive, it has so much potential. The story content was like having a second campaign in the game, with your Spartan! I also really liked how they fleshed out some of the crew of Infinity (It's like watching Star Trek or something). I would love for them to do a second Season. They could improve upon what some people did not like.
  1. No repetitive locales/missions. If they made a second campaign that bridged H5 to H6 starring your Spartan, with all new locales, Fireteam Crimson, it would be amazing. Some of the best missions in Spartan Ops were the area's that weren't found in Campaign. I'm thinking 10 missions (A far cry from 50, but maybe it would cut back on the repetitive nature of its predecessor.)
  2. You are the star. Your Spartan, a member of Fireteam Crimson, is the hero of this story; not some other random Fireteam that gets killed off in a comic. Infinity is running away from Cortana making blind jumps and you are the primary ground team that has to do recon work, protect supply runs, and defend the Infinity from the Created. There would be Cut scenes that are dynamic to show off your Spartan and your friends in your fire team. Could be like Noble 6 where they give you a default voice, or your're the strong silent type. Anyways, at the end of the day, Palmer and Lasky are singing your praises because you are the hero of this story.
I personally enjoyed Spartan Ops and was disappointed it didn't carry over into H5. I hope it does at some point, because Fireteam Crimson is awesome!
It was enjoyable for some, while others disliked it. Which is why it was taken out as the majority seemed to dislike it.
All they had to do was put more time into it, like not reusing the same maps and give us a life limit, and it would have been 50% better. You could die 100 times and there would be no penalty. People say that it was story driven but the story and the connectivity to the episodes was poop.
Spartan ops would be a really cool feature to add in, a lot better than war zone

Again. Comes to preference. No matter how much you over exaggerate there are still many people who enjoyed it. And what they could have done in season 2 was a thing called "improve". Didn't suck, but wasn't great either. But alas I'm on the Internet and there will be complaints regardless.
Spartan ops would be a really cool feature to add in, a lot better than war zone
We are entitled to our own opinions. I think it'd be cool if they made improvements and impliemented it.

Actually, from an objective standpoint, it was bad. It was repetitive to the point of a joke. The dialogue was so bad that it's just a meme at this point. The level design wasn't bad only because they ripped 95% of their spaces directly from campaign or multiplayer. But after the 3rd, 4th, and 5th time doing the same thing in the same space, you get bored.

Go take note of mission designers that fans create for themselves on PC games and then come and tell me that Spartan Ops wouldn't fail in comparison to them. The only cool thing was the nice cutscenes.

Spartan Ops comes across as an undergrad in computer science trying to do something cool before he realizes what he's done is copy and paste environments, adjust the barriers, add some dialogue, and change the enemies around.

It was a low effort project and it shows.

But, you know, to each their own. Some players like pressing buttons over and over and over as their only mission. Spartan Ops has 50 missions. Think of the immense potential a bonus 50 missions has. Aboard the Infinity. They could go anywhere and tell any story. We could have went to covenant home worlds, driven a grizzly, have a vulture gunship sequence, or a few space combat missions since the broadsword was horribly utilized in the campaign.

All that potential and we get to touch little touch pads on the surface of requiem. Over and over again. Until the grind is complete.
^ it's YOUR opinion

I, for one, enjoyed the dialogue a lot and replayed the missions way too many times.

Actually, from an objective standpoint, it was bad. It was repetitive to the point of a joke. The dialogue was so bad that it's just a meme at this point. The level design wasn't bad only because they ripped 95% of their spaces directly from campaign or multiplayer. But after the 3rd, 4th, and 5th time doing the same thing in the same space, you get bored.

Go take note of mission designers that fans create for themselves on PC games and then come and tell me that Spartan Ops wouldn't fail in comparison to them. The only cool thing was the nice cutscenes.

Spartan Ops comes across as an undergrad in computer science trying to do something cool before he realizes what he's done is copy and paste environments, adjust the barriers, add some dialogue, and change the enemies around.

It was a low effort project and it shows.

But, you know, to each their own. Some players like pressing buttons over and over and over as their only mission. Spartan Ops has 50 missions. Think of the immense potential a bonus 50 missions has. Aboard the Infinity. They could go anywhere and tell any story. We could have went to covenant home worlds, driven a grizzly, have a vulture gunship sequence, or a few space combat missions since the broadsword was horribly utilized in the campaign.

All that potential and we get to touch little touch pads on the surface of requiem. Over and over again. Until the grind is complete.
I'm not saying it wasn't disappointing in areas but again some of those points come back to opinion, again. Dialogue, enjoyment of the story and maps, etc. Objectively there are plenty of points for good and bad. Again, this post is more centered around a season 2. So if there was one, list the improvements needed to make it good or suit what you like in a game.

Personally Spartan ops just felt like a better version of destiny. Now that is a repetitive grinder.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4