Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

spawn not working on firefight

OP Sebbe29

So I just played Warzone firefight on Prospect and the first round was to kill off grunts, the start went great but then the enemies stopped spawning and time ran out. For the record there was not a single grunt still alive after the last spawn and how I know this is because the entire firefight team went and searched the whole map and did not including myself find a grunt.

I've only experienced this happen one other time but it kinda sucks when you put a good warzone xp boost and it gets wasted. I don't think anybody will fix this problem cause they are currently focused on Halo MCC and Halo Infinite so honestly I just wanted to post this to find out how everybody is doin and if they are excited for Halo Infinite? Also will you play the campaign solo style or will you enjoy it with a buddy and play it with splitscreen?
I've had the same thing happen. We just spent the whole time dancing and ground pounding and spartan charging each other... and getting run over by rogue warthogs lol
It happens when you kill the enemies that spawn too fast.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
I thought that to be the case too when what the OP described happens, but how can one know what killing them too quickly is? As in what time should you wait to kill them as they spawn, etc?
ive had this happen with soldiers on prospect, i think its an issue with the map. its hard to kill soldiers too fast but idk maybe the crawlers can trigger it too?
ive had this happen with soldiers on prospect, i think its an issue with the map. its hard to kill soldiers too fast but idk maybe the crawlers can trigger it too?
Is not an issue map, this happened to me in Temple with grunts
LUKEPOWA wrote:
I thought that to be the case too when what the OP described happens, but how can one know what killing them too quickly is? As in what time should you wait to kill them as they spawn, etc?
"Too quickly" is killing them at nearly the exact same time as they spawn in. Something that only occurs when people are driving around in vehicles and splattering them. If you do that, the game somehow fails to register a couple of the kills, which then leads to the next wave not triggering because you're short a few kills now.

If OP watches the game where this happened to them, I'm sure he'll see someone in a vehicle doing just that.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
"Too quickly" is killing them at nearly the exact same time as they spawn in. Something that only occurs when people are driving around in vehicles and splattering them. If you do that, the game somehow fails to register a couple of the kills, which then leads to the next wave not triggering because you're short a few kills now.

If OP watches the game where this happened to them, I'm sure he'll see someone in a vehicle doing just that.
Fair enough. Almost every time I used a Wraith to defend a forerunner core on round 3 Stormbreak, the glitch would occur, and our team would have to wait 3 1/2 minutes or so before the round could end. Destroying just one group of Prometheans as they spawn with the Wraith does the trick.
This has happened to me too... Just like LUKEPOWA said, it is probably related to killing the enemies too fast. It would be really nice for 343 to fix this bug.
LUKEPOWA wrote:

This sounds pretty game breaking to me, don't you agree? How has this not been patched in the 5+ years that Halo 5 has been out?
Nah this happened to me on the sangheili temple one. Forgot the name. Not the one with the desert half and the green half. The smaller one.
I've had this happen a few times. Funnily enough, most occurences were on Prospect, during the Defend the Forerunner Cores round. It is quite irritating, actually. When that happens, the round doesn't end until the timer hits zero, which wouldn't be a problem if there were any action, but since nothing spawns we are stuck for the duration of the round.
I've had this happen a few times. Funnily enough, most occurences were on Prospect, during the Defend the Forerunner Cores round. It is quite irritating, actually. When that happens, the round doesn't end until the timer hits zero, which wouldn't be a problem if there were any action, but since nothing spawns we are stuck for the duration of the round.
when that happens I give everyone REQs since it refills multiple times