Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Speed booster vs upgraded thrusters sprint speed

OP sir oriole

Has anyone tested both out side by side to compare? How about just normal walking speed? Is the speed booster mod rendered obsolete?
The upgraded thrusters increases sprint speed and thruster regen time. The speed boost increases base movement speed ( not sprint) and jump height.
Speed boost only affects jump height and base movement speed. Upgraded Thrusters affects Sprint Speed and Thruster Cooldown, in addition to Shield Regen while Sprinting.
In warzone i always go thruster. the increased sprint speed gives me greater map mobility, and the thruster cool down is great for skirmishes.

In war zone assault i usually go Advanced Radar as i tend to not move as much, and like seeing my enemy before he sees me.

I only use the Speed one when I pop prophet's bane as I know i'm not going to sprint with it (and i assume it stacks with the weapon's speed boost)

I find the other armor powers pretty useless...at least for me.
speed boost armor mod is best armor mod let me tell you. that jump height is godly and helps out soooo much when capturing bases as well as some sneaky hiding spots that you can't get without speed boost. Plus the strafe is better with it
Taylord225 wrote:
speed boost armor mod is best armor mod let me tell you. that jump height is godly and helps out soooo much when capturing bases as well as some sneaky hiding spots that you can't get without speed boost. Plus the strafe is better with it
I've never found those sneaky spots. Video link plz if you have one.
I posted this exact thread a few months ago and didnt really get a answer that was worth anything. I feel like using the thruster upgrade is faster if you just want to get around. Which is what I use most of the time. The only time ive been using the speed boosters upgrade is really in only one instance. When i want to get on the armory in assualt on spire map. In the end you will probably figure out they are about the same. Just depends if you want the boost or the thruster. I like being able to use thrusters alot.
speed booster is where its at. I use it every game. Improved mobility and jump height. When your having a BR fight and strafing you move so quick that u always win.
Just tested Speed Booster vs Improved Thrusters and default loadout.
  • Speed Booster has fastest walk speed
  • Advanced Thruster has fastest sprint
  • Peed Booster and normal have similar sprint speeds.