Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Spitfire and Void's Tear

OP MintPigeon97013

So I've been playing a lot of Warzone and I don't understand how these two are any different than a normal plasma pistol(other than color). If anyone knows please share.
You mean to say that you've never used either? Anyway, Spitfire's EMP shot charges up faster and it shoots faster than the Plasma Pistol. The Void's Tear's EMP shot creates a black hole on contact that sucks stuff towards its center and can kill someone, its shots are stronger than the Plasma Pistol, and it doesn't burn battery when you're holding the shot either. Its EMP effect is stronger too.
Voids tear shoot a black whole thingy when charged and causes nearby enemies to get caught in it. Most will think that you have the rare sniper beam that does the same thing as voids tear, so it's a good confusion for them. Spitfire shoots faster and charges faster than a regular plasma pistol, if used right you can get some quick kills with it. Same colors and everything so make sure you read it quick when you pick it up.
Voids Tear is a beast for taking out Ghost's. It's funny to watch them spin around and get sucked into the black hole.
Void's Tear is bae :)
I’ve seen a lot of people use Spitfires against vehicles in Warzone since it basically guarantees a teammate will be able to board an enemy vehicle. The physics of a Void’s Tear burst is always fun to observe haha.
In short:
  • Spitfire has faster charge-up and cooldowns faster from overheating.
  • Void's Tear does more damage and creates an EMP black hole with a charged shot.
Need more proof? Watch Aozolai's video on the Plasma Pistols here.
BadDogg55 wrote:
Voids Tear is a beast for taking out Ghost's. It's funny to watch them spin around and get sucked into the black hole.
Yeah, It's very strong vs ghost. In wz ff you can use it vs bosses with ghost and you have like 33% chances of destroy it and leave the elite very weak xD, then your team can run over it and they will give you the boss kill. But for example if you want to kill the ghost with plasma launcher sometimes you destroy the ghost BUT they dont give you the boss kill :(. For phaetons in ff is very useful, every plasma pistol can destroy the phaeton, just shot two charges in a row and its very probably that the phaeton turns around. If you use air vehicles in maps like stormbreak, try to fly high because grunts can kill you with voids (they takes you off of the map).
Is it Void's Tear like crying a tear, or is it Void's Tear as in the void is torn?
psi5000 wrote:
Is it Void's Tear like crying a tear, or is it Void's Tear as in the void is torn?
The latter.
BadDogg55 wrote:
Yeah, It's very strong vs ghost. In wz ff you can use it vs bosses with ghost and you have like 33% chances of destroy it and leave the elite very weak xD, then your team can run over it and they will give you the boss kill. But for example if you want to kill the ghost with plasma launcher sometimes you destroy the ghost BUT they dont give you the boss kill :(. For phaetons in ff is very useful, every plasma pistol can destroy the phaeton, just shot two charges in a row and its very probably that the phaeton turns around. If you use air vehicles in maps like stormbreak, try to fly high because grunts can kill you with voids (they takes you off of the map).
I'll have to try it on bosses. I usually pull out vehicles in WZFF.
x N7 117 x wrote:
psi5000 wrote:
The latter.
Even though the latter makes more sense and I'm sure it's the correct way, I've always read it as "crying/teardrop" lol :P

Before this thread, I never once thought about it being anything but Void's Tear(drop) and now, knowing that it's actually Void's Tear(rip), I still can't see recognize it as anything but Tear(drop). My brain is stubborn. lol
x N7 117 x wrote:
psi5000 wrote:
The latter.
Even though the latter makes more sense and I'm sure it's the correct way, I've always read it as "crying/teardrop" lol :P

Before this thread, I never once thought about it being anything but Void's Tear(drop) and now, knowing that it's actually Void's Tear(rip), I still can't see recognize it as anything but Tear(drop). My brain is stubborn. lol
When Halo 5: Guardians was first released, my brain thought it was Tear as in a teardrop, as well. English is really confusing at times xD
BadDogg55 wrote:
BadDogg55 wrote:
I'll have to try it on bosses. I usually pull out vehicles in WZFF.
It's so much fun, and only a REQ 4. It also works great against Hunters, especially mixed with Pool Of Radiance. Void's Tear will hold them in one spot for PoR to maximize AoE damage. You can also use Void's Tear to drag bosses out of the back of the bases, like Warden. Just aim VT a foot away from the boss in the direction you want them to go, rinse and repeat. So many matches lost because he hides in the back where vehicles have trouble reaching him. Vehicle REQs are definitely the 'go to' option for FF, but sometimes Weapon REQs can make a huge difference.

Also, the ragdolls in a mini black hole never get old. :)