Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Splitscreen in Halo 5

OP DarkHunter563

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I just saw on some websites that Halo 5 might probably not feature a 4 players splitscreens option but only 2 players. I really hope it's not true because it's one of the best features Halo has to offer in comparison with others games of the same genre. I wanna know what you guys think about it.
Unfortunately, 343i has indeed confirmed that Halo 5 will feature only up to 2 players on splitscreen. However, whether or not it's too late in development to add 4-player splitscreen remains to be seen.
I'd love a link to the source of this information as I can't believe its true. 4 player splitscreen has been a staple of all Halo games. They CAN'T use graphics vs performance as an excuse. Halo 4 has amazing graphics, 4 players splitscreen, and on old hardware. Halo 5, has slighlty improved graphics, only 2 player splitscreen, on new hardware? Remember, 1080p 60fps is not essential for splitscreen. Reduce the resolution and lock the framerate to 30fps in 4 player splitscreen. Problem solved.
Sounds like your gonna need a bigger boat mate. A bigger boat with a second TV and Xbone for your other two friends ;-)
Here's the link, https://twitter.com/JoshingtonState/status/545000766969114625

And yeah, the 1080hp 60fps arguement is total bogus. Total bogus. The Xbox One's hardware is more than capable of running 4-player splitscreen at that resolution. Unless I'm mistaken, neither H2A nor Halo 5 have came anywhere close to pushing the Xbox One to its limits. And if it's not powerful enough to run splitscreen at that resolution, just decrease the resolution to 720hp and the framerate to 30fps when on splitscreen.

This really shouldn't be that hard for 343 to understand.
I don't think that should be taken as confirmation, it's 1 tweet 10 months from launch as it was adressing a question specifically about 2 player splitscreen in the Beta. it's certainly possible that 4 player splitscreen will be included. Until that's announced, the rest is pure speculation
stckrboy wrote:
I don't think that should be taken as confirmation, it's 1 tweet 10 months from launch as it was adressing a question specifically about 2 player splitscreen in the Beta. it's certainly possible that 4 player splitscreen will be included. Until that's announced, the rest is pure speculation
Well, in the event that it's not necessarily final, there's really only one way we can ensure that the issue will be corrected…

Spoiler:
Show
Andycu5 wrote:
stckrboy wrote:

Well, in the event that it's not necessarily final, there's really only one way we can ensure that the issue will be corrected…

Spoiler:
Show

Yep. I've always been big splitscreen fan (since PS1/N64 days) and it saddens me to see it slowly die as the time goes by. There's no that online game that can be so fun like playing with your friends in same room in split screen or lan.

At least they didn't completely ditched it (look at most of the PS4 games), but I would prefer to have option for 4 player splitscreen like in old Halo games.
Thanks for the link. I've tweeted Joshingtonstate to express my fondness of 4 player splitscreen. I suggest you all do the same, since it seems that he reads tweets from fans.
HixBot wrote:
Thanks for the link. I've tweeted Joshingtonstate to express my fondness of 4 player splitscreen. I suggest you all do the same, since it seems that he reads tweets from fans.
I've done the same :D
Did 343i decide to go this route or is Microsoft forcing it on them? It would force people to buy another Xbox.
Boots 3175 wrote:
Did 343i decide to go this route or is Microsoft forcing it on them? It would force people to buy another Xbox.
I think that 343 made this decision, because Microsoft doesn't usually make those calls. However, I suspect that the decision may be related to what you've suggested. And it won't work on me.
Boots 3175 wrote:
Right, because people are totally going to spend a total of $1530 on a new Xbox, a new TV, a new copy of Halo 5, and two new controllers, just to play a game with three other players.

If MS is looking to have an incentive to own multiple consoles, that's not the way to do it.
We must all raise our voices and unite against 343! We will show them that they can't take away 4 player split screen from us!
I agree 4 player split screen is the best feature of halo in my opinion. If they remove it I promise I will not buy halo 5. There is no other modern fps that allows 4 player split screen and that is why I don't play any of them online. To be honest I bought my Xbox One for Halo but I'm not really liking my Xbox one experience in general. Horrible XBOne GUI interface, Halo MCC network play is not working very well, and now with halo 5 not having 4 player I am really reconsidering my purchase.
Agreed, I actually chose the Xbox One over the PS4 because I was anticipating 4 player splitscreen in Halo 5. It was the ONE big feature that Halo had over other FPS titles. Black Ops 2 had 4 player spiltscreen zombies and bot multiplayer (the last COD game to support this). But the Halo games would let you take 4 local players into an online match, that was HUGELY AMAZING!!
Since Josh Holmes has been thoroughly ignoring every tweet about split screen, I say it's time to start spamming tweets about split screen.
Can I just confirm I can still play Matchmaking with a guest on splitscreen?
It would be ridiculous is this didn't have 4 player split screen. I understand it not being in the beta, but this has to ship with 4 player split screen.
Can I just confirm I can still play Matchmaking with a guest on splitscreen?
Unknown at this point. Twitter seems to be the place to go for answers.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2