Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Sprint and smart scope

OP MR o ONEPINCH x

After the Beta and lead up to the release of the game the forums were plagued with hate for sprint and smart scope.

now the game is finally released. the forums seem more quiet about both of these features.

Have peoples opinions changed since putting more time into the game or are there still plenty of haters out there ? :P

personally i have loved the new mechanics since i first tested them in beta. my fav is most probably the thruster packs.
Because people realized that *gasp* things might actually be ok to use in the game
Mine has not changed. I'm fine with ADS until I use a precision weapon. I cannot stand "Smart-Link" A.D.S. being on precisions.

Sprint is better in 5 than it was 4, but it still creates all the problems it always has and always will though.
when people realise ADS is only meant to be used at range they'll stop dying so much.
its not the traditional ADS that everyone's come to expect, you'll win more firefights using hip fire.
when people realise ADS is only meant to be used at range they'll stop dying so much.
its not the traditional ADS that everyone's come to expect, you'll win more firefights using hip fire.
That's all classic zoom was meant to be used for too...
VERY TRUE. long shots yes but close to medium range you would be stupid to use ADS and not hip fire. this is why the game still feels and plays like halo.
I just hate the the ADS goes away once you get shot. I'll be trying to aim a long shot and someone spraying and praying across the map will hit me with a random bullet that barely does any damage causing me to lose my bead on the guy I was aiming at
Because you can only beat a dead horse for so long. Sprint still doesn't work that well in the overall game. You spent more time running around a map to find people because of the overall size of the maps. Not to mention, how broken shoties and swords become in small quarters now.

It's not going anywhere so we deal with it. It does help that the motion tracker distance is drastically reduced tho. If it was extended sprint would become even worse overall. Not to mention it removes gun battles.

Sprint = Faster Kill Times Require while at the same time all but removes the 2 vs 1 battles from previous versions without sprint.
I like the "ADS" because it actually makes some of the guns cooler. Just grab a supressor or a scattershot and use the ADS: They look cool.
After the Beta and lead up to the release of the game the forums were plagued with hate for sprint and smart scope.

now the game is finally released. the forums seem more quiet about both of these features.

Have peoples opinions changed since putting more time into the game or are there still plenty of haters out there ? :P

personally i have loved the new mechanics since i first tested them in beta. my fav is most probably the thruster packs.
You're seeing less because most people realized these features actually do work and keep the game relevant. Now all the nostalgic fanboys are moaning about an old and outdated feature nobody uses called split screen, ugh.
This is exactly what the ADS is meant for..you'll de scope in a close range battle and lose so you're better off hip firing like usual
IMadePoopy wrote:
I just hate the the ADS goes away once you get shot. I'll be trying to aim a long shot and someone spraying and praying across the map will hit me with a random bullet that barely does any damage causing me to lose my bead on the guy I was aiming at
It's been the same as previous Halo games, (except Halo 4) you descope when damage is done to you
Ricky SYN wrote:
IMadePoopy wrote:
It's been the same as previous Halo games, (except Halo 4) you descope when damage is done to you
Descoping is the only reason i can tolerate the new ADS. The flinch didnt work well enough to even the fight, descoping really makes a difference. it makes you move around to avoid getting shot, and is near impossible to do close range...this is how halo should be
Ricky SYN wrote:
IMadePoopy wrote:
Descoping is the only reason i can tolerate the new ADS. The flinch didnt work well enough to even the fight, descoping really makes a difference. it makes you move around to avoid getting shot, and is near impossible to do close range...this is how halo should be
One thing I don't understand about the Smart-Link is how I can shoot people enough times at long-range to know I've knocked them out of their Smart-Link... and they can still perfectly hit me in the face.
Ricky SYN wrote:
IMadePoopy wrote:
One thing I don't understand about the Smart-Link is how I can shoot people enough times at long-range to know I've knocked them out of their Smart-Link... and they can still perfectly hit me in the face.
Simple, spray and pray
It's not that we don't hate the mechanics anymore. It's that once it became apparent that Halo 5 was stuck with them, many of us didn't buy the game. Most of us who didn't but the game don't bother to come here.