Sprint and why it is bad for Halo

OP Phoxniix

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 43
Sprint is a very controversial topic and I am fully aware of the effects which sprint has on Halos Gameplay.First of all,let us have a look at sprint in h4 and sprint in h5.In h4,sprint had very little downsides compared to h5s counterpart and people say that they have made sprint a lot less worse in h5 since they have balanced it with a bunch of penalties but that is just the problem right there. they have just made it not as bad as it was in h4, it does not add anything to the gameplay other than creating an illusion.

You see,people's complaints were that they wanted to go fast in video games but do you notice that the maps in both h4 and h5 are kind of more,bloated?Where there is a lot more space than necessary?My friend,this is the implications of sprint as in order to accommodate for sprint,they must makes the map bigger which I turn only creates the illusion that you are moving fast but in all reality you aren't really.This is why maps such as Gaurdian cannot be remade as it would just not be the same map because Of sprint and it would just be chaos.

Another big example in my eyes would be Warlock(Can't remember the h2c version so I'm going with that).That map would have to become a lot bigger in order to sprint to be balanced but then that removes what me that map was special in the first place!People would be spawning running across the map and back smacking people if there was sprint on h2c or h2a sized warlord

This is just one of the problems of sprint in Halo,and ask yourself this,What does sprint actually add to the gameplay for you in Halo?
Please no more sprint complaint threads. The naysayers are outnumbered by yaysayers. We like the speed of modern shooters.

You are really beating a dead horse.
But that speed is only an illusion because of the increased map size in Halo due to it
Phoxniix wrote:
But that speed is only an illusion because of the increased map size in Halo due to it
Increased map size is almost always good not bad. Second, Sprint is not going away. how many Halo games with sprint will there be before people like you give up your quest to get rid of it? really, How many , 4 games? 5?
Sprint is good for Halo. I have a hell of a time sprinting around [RB]'ing people. And I am honest - I am a mediocre player. This proves that it isn't hard having fun with it ;)

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/docLEXfisti/video/13388365

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/docLEXfisti/video/13521405
I'd quite if Sprint went away. I can't JUST move at one speed. It's the speed difference that is key for me. To be able to vary one's speed is a strategic ability.

So no thanks.
Phoxniix wrote:
Increased map size is almost always good not bad. Second, Sprint is not going away. how many Halo games with sprint will there be before people like you give up your quest to get rid of it? really, How many , 4 games? 5?
In the most polite way, I completely disagree with you on bigger maps being better than small ones.......

There is a reason much of the community prefer maps up to Halo 3, compared to maps from 4 onwards......(I'd say Reach was a middle ground).

People will argue for getting rid of it as long as it causes problems to gameplay.

What is the actual benefit of it in Halo 5? (Please don't say move quicker, as you would be travelling a greater distance just to compensate).
deja vu.....x100.

Seriously though, you don't like sprint? Turn it off. Simple.
deja vu.....x100.

Seriously though, you don't like sprint? Turn it off. Simple.
You can't in matchmaking...so it's not just that simple. Good try though.
Moderators, can we lock this thread? How many times a day do we need to hear this argument?
You don't like sprint for x reasons, some people like it for y reasons.
Play or get off the game, but Sprint is here to stay.
Phoxniix wrote:
Counterquestion: How many Halo games with sprint need to fail before 343 (or whoever will be running the franchise soon) get rid of it? Really, how many, 4 games? 5?
Phoxniix wrote:
How is increased map size always good?And yes, I will continue to campaign against sprint as it does not have a place in Halo in its current States and takes away from what made Halo,Halo.
Sprint is good for Halo. I have a hell of a time sprinting around [RB]'ing people. And I am honest - I am a mediocre player. This proves that it isn't hard having fun with it ;)

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/docLEXfisti/video/13388365

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/docLEXfisti/video/13521405
Halo can have sprint but needs radically different changes in order for it to have a place in Halo.Also,you running around meleeing people can be seen as stupid since it requires little skill.
DESTRUCC wrote:
Please no more sprint complaint threads. The naysayers are outnumbered by yaysayers. We like the speed of modern shooters.

Lol they really aren't. It's about half and half. But yeah, I'm sure 343i are already aware that a lot of people hate sprint, but they've made it clear that it's here to stay.
Sucks, but it's whatever. I personally hate sprint, but it's not the end of the world.
Phoxniix wrote:
If it's only and illusion than there's no need to complain.....you know, because it's only an illusion.
Phoxniix wrote:
In the most polite way, I completely disagree with you on bigger maps being better than small ones.......

There is a reason much of the community prefer maps up to Halo 3, compared to maps from 4 onwards......(I'd say Reach was a middle ground).

People will argue for getting rid of it as long as it causes problems to gameplay.

What is the actual benefit of it in Halo 5? (Please don't say move quicker, as you would be travelling a greater distance just to compensate).
I didn't day that bigger maps being better than small ones,the complete opposite for 4v4.I am promoting smaller map sizes for 4v4 without sprint because in order for sprint to be in 4v4 bigger maps are needed.

Also,that question was to leave you wondering,I am pretty sure you know my answer to that being very little
Phoxniix wrote:

Its ok to disagree. :) For this- "People will argue for getting rid of it as long as it causes problems to gameplay" is really just opinion. It really is people complains because it causes problems for them individually. Its no different than people complaining about a weapon and wanting it nerfed. People always complain because something puts them at a disadvantage. Its easier for them to complain than it is for them to simply adapt. they want the game to change for them so they can be good. Thats all. I play all the shooters, Gears, COD, BF, Halo, Plants vs Zombies,Destiny, you name it. Its always the same on these forums, people always want the game to change to suit them. Nobody ever cares about the playerbase as a whole. Go over to the Destiny forum on Bungie's website and post that you want sprint removed and see what happens. You would get less than 5% in favor of it. Go over to BF or COD and do the same thing and see what happens. Contrary to beliefs on this forum , there are lots of people that play more than just Halo. There are lots of crossover between games.
Marcos94 wrote:
DESTRUCC wrote:

Lol they really aren't. It's about half and half. But yeah, I'm sure 343i are already aware that a lot of people hate sprint, but they've made it clear that it's here to stay.
Sucks, but it's whatever. I personally hate sprint, but it's not the end of the world.
Its most likely only half and half here. But there are thousands that never come to this site. As I told somebody else above. If you really want to see how many people enjoy sprint. go to Bungie's Destiny forum and suggest they remove sprint and see what happens. Really. Lots of people that play Destiny also play Halo and most don't come to this forum. there is a much bigger player base than people want to believe.
Marcos94 wrote:
DESTRUCC wrote:

According to the User Feedback Program it's only 11% of people that hate sprint. Scroll down through the link and read, it's there. Many thousands of people participated in that poll too.

To sum it up, it's a very vocal minority that hates sprint.
Sprint works in tactical shooters that are built around short killtimes. In games like that, it really comes down to "whoever sees the other guy first gets the kill". That is not Halo's playstyle, and has never been Halo's playstyle(aside from the SWAT playlist). Sprint does not belong in the Halo franchise. It was added in to try to ease the transition from games like CoD and Battlefield into Halo. The problem is that it is a two-way street. It also eases the transition away from Halo and toward games like CoD and Battlefield, where mechanics like sprint work better.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 43