Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Sprint] Halo with sprint has had its run.

OP Noble Warlord 1

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 12
  4. 13
  5. 14
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. ...
  9. 32
look at doom multiplayer. it does not have sprint but it does not work. look we know that the old fans hate sprint but you should also understand that the game has to evolve if it does not some time or the other the people who play halo will find it boring because it is always the same old halo. just different maps and a new story. I can as well as just read the story from Wikipedia. the game type is the same so I can still stick to the old games I need not buy the new one.
Learn to embrace change OP. We dont want halo being the same recycled game every year like COD.
I believe Halo sprint is almost completely necessary to the way Halo functions. Without sprint, Spartans would be getting mauled left and right, trying to cross open terrain.
I don't hate sprint, but I would like to see a future "no sprint" Halo title.
I would prefer making sprint limited like before
Nasty4Shot wrote:
Learn to embrace change OP. We dont want halo being the same recycled game every year like COD.
Would you "embrace" a change, you didn't like?
Please just stop with these sprint threads people...... Just please stop. Sprint may not be loved by everyone, but many and dare I say the majority of players are fine with it
I believe Halo sprint is almost completely necessary to the way Halo functions. Without sprint, Spartans would be getting mauled left and right, trying to cross open terrain.
Obviously you've never played the original trilogy then.
Nasty4Shot wrote:
Halo has had sprint since 2010. At this point keeping sprint is what would make the game feel like, "the same recycled game every year like COD." right? Plus if that's your angle then wouldn't removing sprint make Halo stand out from the crowd of generic FPS games?
People are just looking for a place to argue with 343. It's part of bungie *Bleep* it
So ur saying u don't want sprint in halo anymore. If so idk why u don't like it. To me when I played reach and got sprint It made the game way different when trying to survive. But that's my opinion.
Kozak170 wrote:
Please just stop with these sprint threads people...... Just please stop. Sprint may not be loved by everyone, but many and dare I say the majority of players are fine with it
Population numbers and lack of an offical statement from Microsoft stating how many copies were sold says otherwise. I realize that there are more to do with the lack of people playing the game than just "sprint is bad", but at this point, I would be regurgitating my opinion again, for the 500th time.
Do not make nonconstructive posts.

Spoiler:
Show

We would, but it doesn't work and 343 refuses to fix it.
look at doom multiplayer. it does not have sprint but it does not work.
What do you mean, it doesn't work? It works better than sprint in Halo has for me so far. That, and the glorious 110 FOV slider.
Sorry sprint will be a thing now, they implemented it and it will never go Away
I agree with op that long range combat seems to be the only real viable option. the pistol suddenly has overshadowed all of the cqc weapons due to the maps being so damn large. as someone who enjoyed cqc fights long range combat becoming so prevalent is super frustrating. the pistol is essentially as good as the br the difference being the br is more forgiving. I also can't stand that just by sprinting if I encounter another player an they shoot at me I have to stop an take time to get my gun into position before I can fight back which means I end up running into a wall of bullets or spartan charging. not to mention the skill gap is so damn high your either suck or your a god. I rarely see close matches most of the time I can predict with suprising accuracy who is going to win the WZ game in the first 6 minutes
I have more CQB fights than I do any other. The only gun I notice with truly strong magnetism is the BR and the Magnum. Weapons like the sniper require some leading if someone's sprinting around.

Honestly they could just make classic features in the matchmaking, so you can play without sprint or a playlist that has it. This will make it so everyone may enjoy the fun of both worlds.
Nasty4Shot wrote:
Halo has had sprint since 2010. At this point keeping sprint is what would make the game feel like, "the same recycled game every year like COD." right? Plus if that's your angle then wouldn't removing sprint make Halo stand out from the crowd of generic FPS games?
I rather play Halo with sprint than have it removed and be playing Call of Halo: Recycled Warfare.
Benti86 wrote:
Lol then go play Halo 2. Halo 5 is perfect the way it is. Git gud
You are literally what is wrong with gaming feedback in this day and age. "I don't have a problem with this, go play a previous game." You aren't providing any feedback or counter argument. Why should we have to go play previous entries when we have valid complaints. It's like the Dark Souls community. Git gud is funny when used as a joke but other than that it is childish and annoying. Those games are supposed to be hard but there are parts that are borderline unnecessary and annoying. Telling someone to git gud there is to say there's nothing wrong with the game design. People like you are the reasons games get worse because you never offer critiques. Trust me games can be good and still have shortfalls.
Well said Spartan, well -Yoinking- said.
I personally feel that for the sake of the franchise, they should revert back to a "No-Sprint" system because it made calling out in competitive easier but also would allow for a better flowing hit registration system.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 12
  4. 13
  5. 14
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. ...
  9. 32