1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 16
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGY7flT8e_E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZb9uKQkTfo

Running away even with low shields does not speed up the gameplay. It slows it down especially with shields and slow kill times, the complete opposite of what people think it does.

How is this okay? I don't want to play a slow paced game because I put in a couple of shots and they just run away never to be seen again.

Solution?
>Remove Sprint, keep thruster
>Raise the base speed to resemble sprint but everybody has it, one person isn't faster than the other, more constant gunplay and less get out of jail
This happens far too often. Doesn't matter if you use AR, Pistol, BR o DMR.
I think the constant risk of desprint would be the solution. It would stop the cat and mouse battles while still allowing you to get into battles faster. If you get shot while sprinting and come to a screeching halt, it can no longer get you out of jail free.
None of the Sprint fans can handle the truth.

343 knows Sprint sucks too. It exists as a launch day cash grab. Gameplay is secondary to 343.

We all know this.
l RyanW l wrote:

Running away even with low shields does not speed up the gameplay. It slows it down especially with shields and slow kill times, the complete opposite of what people think it does.

How is this okay? I don't want to play a slow paced game because I put in a couple of shots and they just run away never to be seen again.

Solution?
>Raise the base speed to resemble sprint but everybody has it, one person isn't faster than the other, more constant gunplay and less get out of jail
the pace of the game isn't due to the mechanivs of the game but instead how the players fight.

A good team will control the pace of the match how they want not have to rely on game mechanics
Agreed. Higher base speed + thrusters and clamber would be great.
Conor5017 wrote:
l RyanW l wrote:

Solution?

the pace of the game isn't due to the mechanivs of the game but instead how the players fight.

A good team will control the pace of the match how they want not have to rely on game mechanics
One team cannot control the other team from running away or not, especially if it's not a full party
Quote:
You're half wrong.

If you take Halo 3, and have one match with communicating professionals, and another match where it's just casuals running around aimlessly, yes the pacing is going to be different.

Mechanics still determine the average pacing though. You can only respawn so quickly, you can only move so fast, there's only so many sightlines, etc.
Hey I made on to, I don't have fancy music though.

343 knows Sprint sucks too. It exists as a launch day cash grab. Gameplay is secondary to 343.

We all know this.
Gameplay is secondary?

That's why they have an Arena gameplay focused beta a year before launch, right?
Conor5017 wrote:
l RyanW l wrote:

Solution?

This is true in a game without sprint. You add sprint to the equation the games even run slower...
Too many times I've played this beta and the game is decided at the 12 minute time limit... A 4 vs 4 game, takes longer than 12 minutes? Once a team locks down a side of Truth (Car is the better side now) and a colored base, the other team must move. Since you cannot move and shoot, you're a dead duck on the other team.

If you had the ability to strafe, ghandi hope or do something that can cause a player to miss while putting shots down range it would provide an overall better gaming experience.

Sprint, adds at least 2-4 minutes to every game.
Hey I made on to, I don't have fancy music though.

Added to the OP because who doesn't like a lot of examples?
Matching movement speed to mimic sprint wont stop people from running away... They will still be able to get around a corner just as fast, and another corner from there, only difference is they will be able to return fire while doing so, forcing you out of position. Line of sight is your enemy here, not speed.

p.s. your aim sucks.
EVERYTIME

the same guys complaining about the same thing...unbelievable...

how much threads are out there now? Think the mods have to close them an make just one...so same guys can just shout out the same arguements over and over again.

no other hobbys...?

p.s. your aim sucks.
Not my video
JSA343 wrote:

We all know this.

Gameplay is secondary?

That's why they have an Arena gameplay focused beta a year before launch, right?
There lies one of the problems, they are marketing this game to be an Arena shooter but it has Sprint. Halo doesn't work as an Arena shooter with Sprint because of how it slows down game play.

And thank you OP for adding my video.

Edit:

Lol my aim sucks? First clip I take with 3 shots the pistol, one is an accidental fire in the direction of a team mate, then miss two unscoped mid range pistol shots. Second clip I take on BR shot and hit it, and throw two nades. One hits and the other keeps the player from chasing me. 3rd clip I take 4 sniper shots. Miss one, Hit a head shot, miss because I get shot as I pull the trigger and my aim flinches, then I miss a desperation no scope before I take off.

Plus it doesn't matter if my aim sucks, that would further prove my point that sprint gets you out of bad situations you should of died in because you missed shots.
So people that duslike sprint hate it because you put your gun down basically? I'm sorry but the issues with sprint be petty imho. Missing out in 1 kill a game is that big a deal? People still run and get away without it.

Also in the vid there was alot of cover in small distances, sprint barely effected the outcome, especially on empire.

343i just do a no sprint week to shut them up so they can see.
l RyanW l wrote:

p.s. your aim sucks.

Not my video
Lol...of course
P1LG3R wrote:
l RyanW l wrote:

p.s. your aim sucks.

Not my video

Lol...of course
I edited my previous post, read that it was my video. Semi-Pro ranking in the Beta btw, I'm really bad though/sarcasm.
P1LG3R wrote:
l RyanW l wrote:

p.s. your aim sucks.

Not my video

Lol...of course
I guess the footage has to be of my own to make a point?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 16