Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Sprint is suppose to speed up the game right? Nope

OP l RyanW l

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 16
So long as sprint trades your ability to attack for the ability to run faster, the problem is still present.
What would a real Soldier do when under fire in a firefight that He/She can not win.

Retreat, Regenerate, Regroup.

Seems like a pretty legit and smart thing to do. Or are You supposed to just sit there and say Shoot Me.
Well I would say is to be smarter in picking when and who to fight and just your positioning in general then maybe you wouldn't need to runaway
Hitzel wrote:
Hitzel wrote:
Hitzel wrote:
So let me get this straight. You dislike sprint because someone runs away from a battle? Were your boots magnetised to the ground or was sprint disabled for you? I got it! Someone runs from a fight so you just lower your weapon and silently cry! Im getting the feeling that's the problem, older halo games move so slow that its impossible to Dodge a stream of bullets. The leet pro's are having a hard time shooting fast moving objects lmao.


The problem is that if you sprint after him you get melted by his teammates while you're sprinting. In games with good players, you can rarely get away with sprinting after someone because of that.

But that's nothing new, it was like that in Halo Reach and Halo 4 as well.



In a game with good players, sprinting away becomes less of an option because map control and positioning are keys to victory. You can't run if you're being funneled into a chokepoint. This has been the case in every Halo game at the competitive level.


I'd argue that you can sprint away more at a high level. Because at a higher level it is more risky to chase as the sprinter is most likely running back to his team that is aware of the issue.



You fail to grasp the concept of map control then. You can't run if you have nowhere to run. See spawn controlling on Truth. You can force an enemy to only spawn in a confined location if you block off alternate spawns and block the base exits.


Not every situation is a spawn trap dude.

*Edit*

The important situations, the ones that lead up to spawn trapping and such, are the situations where being able to thrust and sprint away from danger make big differences that people do not want in the game.



You don't even play at a competitive level, and your highest CSR is in rumble pit... what do you even know about team positioning, spawn traps, and map control. You're a lone wolf player, now it all makes sense.


Halo 4 stats? Stop.

You are funny Hot Juicy pie. You probably don't even play at a competetive level yourself. A 1.2 K/D in MCC.


I heard KD in MCC also includes what you do in custom games, so it's irrelevant.
Hitzel wrote:
Hitzel wrote:
So let me get this straight. You dislike sprint because someone runs away from a battle? Were your boots magnetised to the ground or was sprint disabled for you? I got it! Someone runs from a fight so you just lower your weapon and silently cry! Im getting the feeling that's the problem, older halo games move so slow that its impossible to Dodge a stream of bullets. The leet pro's are having a hard time shooting fast moving objects lmao.


The problem is that if you sprint after him you get melted by his teammates while you're sprinting. In games with good players, you can rarely get away with sprinting after someone because of that.

But that's nothing new, it was like that in Halo Reach and Halo 4 as well.



In a game with good players, sprinting away becomes less of an option because map control and positioning are keys to victory. You can't run if you're being funneled into a chokepoint. This has been the case in every Halo game at the competitive level.


I'd argue that you can sprint away more at a high level. Because at a higher level it is more risky to chase as the sprinter is most likely running back to his team that is aware of the issue.



You fail to grasp the concept of map control then. You can't run if you have nowhere to run. See spawn controlling on Truth. You can force an enemy to only spawn in a confined location if you block off alternate spawns and block the base exits.


Not every situation is a spawn trap dude.

*Edit*

The important situations, the ones that lead up to spawn trapping and such, are the situations where being able to thrust and sprint away from danger make big differences that people do not want in the game.



You don't even play at a competitive level, and your highest CSR is in rumble pit... what do you even know about team positioning, spawn traps, and map control. You're a lone wolf player, now it all makes sense.

Spawn taping is for -Yoink-, Lil -Yoink-, tools, scared of having a fair fight that -Yoink- is a piss off, you must be one of those -Yoink- that if gotten in a real fight would kick a guy in the ribs when he's down like a -Yoink- YOU ARE.

Lol, again, that's how high tier Halo has always been, lock the other team down, win. Watch any tournament. I really really hope you push into the semipro leader boards bracket during beta so you can see how it is first hand.
look i love the old halo's just so much as the next person. I hate change but cmon every time a new halo comes out everybody hate something. If it's game play it's ranking system. Understand its a beta frist so thing might change and if they don't well then to bad deal with it. No game will ever be back to the originals it's hard I was upset when I saw sprint again however I've noticed that I have more assist and if not I call out and my squad kills them. If u want it back to halo 1 or 2 or even 3 it's not going to be ever I'm sorry I love those games as well but being here making another post about the same thing is just getting old. Please give the beta time if you still don't like I would say don't play it then but I will continue to play it and support halo.
Understand its a beta
That's why we're giving feedback
Conor5017 wrote:
l RyanW l wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGY7flT8e_E

Running away even with low shields does not speed up the gameplay. It slows it down especially with shields and slow kill times, the complete opposite of what people think it does.

How is this okay? I don't want to play a slow paced game because I put in a couple of shots and they just run away never to be seen again.

Solution?
>Remove Sprint, keep thruster
>Raise the base speed to resemble sprint but everybody has it, one person isn't faster than the other, more constant gunplay and less get out of jail


the pace of the game isn't due to the mechanivs of the game but instead how the players fight.

A good team will control the pace of the match how they want not have to rely on game mechanics

This is true in a game without sprint. You add sprint to the equation the games even run slower...
Too many times I've played this beta and the game is decided at the 12 minute time limit... A 4 vs 4 game, takes longer than 12 minutes? Once a team locks down a side of Truth (Car is the better side now) and a colored base, the other team must move. Since you cannot move and shoot, you're a dead duck on the other team.

If you had the ability to strafe, ghandi hope or do something that can cause a player to miss while putting shots down range it would provide an overall better gaming experience.

Sprint, adds at least 2-4 minutes to every game.
I haven't been in a full game in the beta that timed out. The only one that timed out was a match where EVERYONE on the other team quit, save for one player. Sprint doesn't slow down the game. It just keeps you from getting that one kill because that other player actually THOUGHT about his actions, and realized he needed to get to cover. If anything, what slows down the game is you giving chase to the retreating player, instead of changing your task to better assist your team, not your KD.
Yes but I've seen this thread like over and over again. Plus there is a feedback thread for the beta however saying halo will die if they don't change it, it sucks stuff like that is not feedback sounds like complaint to me but whatever I've been playing halo when it was lan xbox I always give it a chance alot of the halo 3 beta I didn't like but I gave constructive feedback. It didn't change but instead about complaining on here I played and enjoyed it if I didn't I would stop playing like I do other games Destiny.
This. This is a perfect example of why sprint is a get out of jail card. Shown both sides, the shield buff doesn't balance it.
l RyanW l wrote:
Understand its a beta

That's why we're giving feedback

There's a difference between feedback and nonsensical whining. Not saying you in particular, but you gotta admit majority of the topics started are along the lines of "X is broken, this isn't Halo." That isn't useful feedback to anyone.

Additionally, and a little OT, but this isn't even the correct forum for feedback.
Hitzel wrote:
Hitzel wrote:
Hitzel wrote:
So let me get this straight. You dislike sprint because someone runs away from a battle? Were your boots magnetised to the ground or was sprint disabled for you? I got it! Someone runs from a fight so you just lower your weapon and silently cry! Im getting the feeling that's the problem, older halo games move so slow that its impossible to Dodge a stream of bullets. The leet pro's are having a hard time shooting fast moving objects lmao.


The problem is that if you sprint after him you get melted by his teammates while you're sprinting. In games with good players, you can rarely get away with sprinting after someone because of that.

But that's nothing new, it was like that in Halo Reach and Halo 4 as well.



In a game with good players, sprinting away becomes less of an option because map control and positioning are keys to victory. You can't run if you're being funneled into a chokepoint. This has been the case in every Halo game at the competitive level.


I'd argue that you can sprint away more at a high level. Because at a higher level it is more risky to chase as the sprinter is most likely running back to his team that is aware of the issue.



You fail to grasp the concept of map control then. You can't run if you have nowhere to run. See spawn controlling on Truth. You can force an enemy to only spawn in a confined location if you block off alternate spawns and block the base exits.


Not every situation is a spawn trap dude.

*Edit*

The important situations, the ones that lead up to spawn trapping and such, are the situations where being able to thrust and sprint away from danger make big differences that people do not want in the game.



You don't even play at a competitive level, and your highest CSR is in rumble pit... what do you even know about team positioning, spawn traps, and map control. You're a lone wolf player, now it all makes sense.


Halo 4 stats? Stop.


You are funny Hot Juicy pie. You probably don't even play at a competetive level yourself. A 1.2 K/D in MCC.



I heard KD in MCC also includes what you do in custom games, so it's irrelevant.
Hitzel wrote:
Hitzel wrote:
So let me get this straight. You dislike sprint because someone runs away from a battle? Were your boots magnetised to the ground or was sprint disabled for you? I got it! Someone runs from a fight so you just lower your weapon and silently cry! Im getting the feeling that's the problem, older halo games move so slow that its impossible to Dodge a stream of bullets. The leet pro's are having a hard time shooting fast moving objects lmao.


The problem is that if you sprint after him you get melted by his teammates while you're sprinting. In games with good players, you can rarely get away with sprinting after someone because of that.

But that's nothing new, it was like that in Halo Reach and Halo 4 as well.



In a game with good players, sprinting away becomes less of an option because map control and positioning are keys to victory. You can't run if you're being funneled into a chokepoint. This has been the case in every Halo game at the competitive level.


I'd argue that you can sprint away more at a high level. Because at a higher level it is more risky to chase as the sprinter is most likely running back to his team that is aware of the issue.



You fail to grasp the concept of map control then. You can't run if you have nowhere to run. See spawn controlling on Truth. You can force an enemy to only spawn in a confined location if you block off alternate spawns and block the base exits.


Not every situation is a spawn trap dude.

*Edit*

The important situations, the ones that lead up to spawn trapping and such, are the situations where being able to thrust and sprint away from danger make big differences that people do not want in the game.



You don't even play at a competitive level, and your highest CSR is in rumble pit... what do you even know about team positioning, spawn traps, and map control. You're a lone wolf player, now it all makes sense.


Spawn taping is for -Yoink-, Lil -Yoink-, tools, scared of having a fair fight that -Yoink- is a piss off, you must be one of those -Yoink- that if gotten in a real fight would kick a guy in the ribs when he's down like a -Yoink- YOU ARE.


Lol, again, that's how high tier Halo has always been, lock the other team down, win. Watch any tournament. I really really hope you push into the semipro leader boards bracket during beta so you can see how it is first hand.
There is no difference in the semi pro brackets.
This game will still match you with scrub tier players at times.

The only reason we are able to reach semi pro tier is because there are not even matching us with players of like skill enough. That's why I have nwver played a Halo before where I could pub stomp so hard with a team in ranked.
agreed hot juicy to many of these feed backs are not even that just complaining but I'm going to go enjoy the beta pace.


Additionally, and a little OT, but this isn't even the correct forum for feedback.
But still being looked at by developers
FOCookie wrote:
Hitzel wrote:
Hitzel wrote:
Hitzel wrote:
So let me get this straight. You dislike sprint because someone runs away from a battle? Were your boots magnetised to the ground or was sprint disabled for you? I got it! Someone runs from a fight so you just lower your weapon and silently cry! Im getting the feeling that's the problem, older halo games move so slow that its impossible to Dodge a stream of bullets. The leet pro's are having a hard time shooting fast moving objects lmao.


The problem is that if you sprint after him you get melted by his teammates while you're sprinting. In games with good players, you can rarely get away with sprinting after someone because of that.

But that's nothing new, it was like that in Halo Reach and Halo 4 as well.



In a game with good players, sprinting away becomes less of an option because map control and positioning are keys to victory. You can't run if you're being funneled into a chokepoint. This has been the case in every Halo game at the competitive level.


I'd argue that you can sprint away more at a high level. Because at a higher level it is more risky to chase as the sprinter is most likely running back to his team that is aware of the issue.



You fail to grasp the concept of map control then. You can't run if you have nowhere to run. See spawn controlling on Truth. You can force an enemy to only spawn in a confined location if you block off alternate spawns and block the base exits.


Not every situation is a spawn trap dude.

*Edit*

The important situations, the ones that lead up to spawn trapping and such, are the situations where being able to thrust and sprint away from danger make big differences that people do not want in the game.



You don't even play at a competitive level, and your highest CSR is in rumble pit... what do you even know about team positioning, spawn traps, and map control. You're a lone wolf player, now it all makes sense.


Halo 4 stats? Stop.


You are funny Hot Juicy pie. You probably don't even play at a competetive level yourself. A 1.2 K/D in MCC.



I heard KD in MCC also includes what you do in custom games, so it's irrelevant.
Hitzel wrote:
Hitzel wrote:
So let me get this straight. You dislike sprint because someone runs away from a battle? Were your boots magnetised to the ground or was sprint disabled for you? I got it! Someone runs from a fight so you just lower your weapon and silently cry! Im getting the feeling that's the problem, older halo games move so slow that its impossible to Dodge a stream of bullets. The leet pro's are having a hard time shooting fast moving objects lmao.


The problem is that if you sprint after him you get melted by his teammates while you're sprinting. In games with good players, you can rarely get away with sprinting after someone because of that.

But that's nothing new, it was like that in Halo Reach and Halo 4 as well.



In a game with good players, sprinting away becomes less of an option because map control and positioning are keys to victory. You can't run if you're being funneled into a chokepoint. This has been the case in every Halo game at the competitive level.


I'd argue that you can sprint away more at a high level. Because at a higher level it is more risky to chase as the sprinter is most likely running back to his team that is aware of the issue.



You fail to grasp the concept of map control then. You can't run if you have nowhere to run. See spawn controlling on Truth. You can force an enemy to only spawn in a confined location if you block off alternate spawns and block the base exits.


Not every situation is a spawn trap dude.

*Edit*

The important situations, the ones that lead up to spawn trapping and such, are the situations where being able to thrust and sprint away from danger make big differences that people do not want in the game.



You don't even play at a competitive level, and your highest CSR is in rumble pit... what do you even know about team positioning, spawn traps, and map control. You're a lone wolf player, now it all makes sense.


Spawn taping is for -Yoink-, Lil -Yoink-, tools, scared of having a fair fight that -Yoink- is a piss off, you must be one of those -Yoink- that if gotten in a real fight would kick a guy in the ribs when he's down like a -Yoink- YOU ARE.



Lol, again, that's how high tier Halo has always been, lock the other team down, win. Watch any tournament. I really really hope you push into the semipro leader boards bracket during beta so you can see how it is first hand.


There is no difference in the semi pro brackets.
This game will still match you with scrub tier players at times.

The only reason we are able to reach semi pro tier is because there are not even matching us with players of like skill enough. That's why I have nwver played a Halo before where I could pub stomp so hard with a team in ranked.
Semi Pro isn't hard to get at all. I've been playing with my friend who mainly plays Destiny and his friends, I have to pretty much yell at them the entire game but as long as they listen we destroy just about everyone as I'm already Semi-Pro. I can't imagine how easy it will be to play with 4 competent players, and how frustrating games will be against evenly skilled players.
l RyanW l wrote:


Additionally, and a little OT, but this isn't even the correct forum for feedback.

But still being looked at by developers
Lol that's kind of funny they'd send people here instead of the actual subforum titled "Halo 5 Guardians Beta Feedback and Bug Reports."
FOCookie wrote:
Hitzel wrote:
Hitzel wrote:
Hitzel wrote:
So let me get this straight. You dislike sprint because someone runs away from a battle? Were your boots magnetised to the ground or was sprint disabled for you? I got it! Someone runs from a fight so you just lower your weapon and silently cry! Im getting the feeling that's the problem, older halo games move so slow that its impossible to Dodge a stream of bullets. The leet pro's are having a hard time shooting fast moving objects lmao.


The problem is that if you sprint after him you get melted by his teammates while you're sprinting. In games with good players, you can rarely get away with sprinting after someone because of that.

But that's nothing new, it was like that in Halo Reach and Halo 4 as well.



In a game with good players, sprinting away becomes less of an option because map control and positioning are keys to victory. You can't run if you're being funneled into a chokepoint. This has been the case in every Halo game at the competitive level.


I'd argue that you can sprint away more at a high level. Because at a higher level it is more risky to chase as the sprinter is most likely running back to his team that is aware of the issue.



You fail to grasp the concept of map control then. You can't run if you have nowhere to run. See spawn controlling on Truth. You can force an enemy to only spawn in a confined location if you block off alternate spawns and block the base exits.


Not every situation is a spawn trap dude.

*Edit*

The important situations, the ones that lead up to spawn trapping and such, are the situations where being able to thrust and sprint away from danger make big differences that people do not want in the game.



You don't even play at a competitive level, and your highest CSR is in rumble pit... what do you even know about team positioning, spawn traps, and map control. You're a lone wolf player, now it all makes sense.


Halo 4 stats? Stop.


You are funny Hot Juicy pie. You probably don't even play at a competetive level yourself. A 1.2 K/D in MCC.



I heard KD in MCC also includes what you do in custom games, so it's irrelevant.
Hitzel wrote:
Hitzel wrote:
So let me get this straight. You dislike sprint because someone runs away from a battle? Were your boots magnetised to the ground or was sprint disabled for you? I got it! Someone runs from a fight so you just lower your weapon and silently cry! Im getting the feeling that's the problem, older halo games move so slow that its impossible to Dodge a stream of bullets. The leet pro's are having a hard time shooting fast moving objects lmao.


The problem is that if you sprint after him you get melted by his teammates while you're sprinting. In games with good players, you can rarely get away with sprinting after someone because of that.

But that's nothing new, it was like that in Halo Reach and Halo 4 as well.



In a game with good players, sprinting away becomes less of an option because map control and positioning are keys to victory. You can't run if you're being funneled into a chokepoint. This has been the case in every Halo game at the competitive level.


I'd argue that you can sprint away more at a high level. Because at a higher level it is more risky to chase as the sprinter is most likely running back to his team that is aware of the issue.



You fail to grasp the concept of map control then. You can't run if you have nowhere to run. See spawn controlling on Truth. You can force an enemy to only spawn in a confined location if you block off alternate spawns and block the base exits.


Not every situation is a spawn trap dude.

*Edit*

The important situations, the ones that lead up to spawn trapping and such, are the situations where being able to thrust and sprint away from danger make big differences that people do not want in the game.



You don't even play at a competitive level, and your highest CSR is in rumble pit... what do you even know about team positioning, spawn traps, and map control. You're a lone wolf player, now it all makes sense.


Spawn taping is for -Yoink-, Lil -Yoink-, tools, scared of having a fair fight that -Yoink- is a piss off, you must be one of those -Yoink- that if gotten in a real fight would kick a guy in the ribs when he's down like a -Yoink- YOU ARE.



Lol, again, that's how high tier Halo has always been, lock the other team down, win. Watch any tournament. I really really hope you push into the semipro leader boards bracket during beta so you can see how it is first hand.


There is no difference in the semi pro brackets.
This game will still match you with scrub tier players at times.

The only reason we are able to reach semi pro tier is because there are not even matching us with players of like skill enough. That's why I have nwver played a Halo before where I could pub stomp so hard with a team in ranked.

Are you sure? I run a team of 2 semipro and 2 onyx currently, and I've not been matched up against anyone lower than a gold with the exception premades that are grouped. I think it pairs you based on your average ranks, but then again I have no theory for how it figures out solo queues.

I'm aware ranks aren't hard to get, and I have a feeling that's intentional just so we can get a sample of the overall system in the final game. Point I'm trying to make though is even though ranks are irrelevant at this point, I think the game still takes them into its matchmaking algorithm to some degree.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members. This includes stat-flaming.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I have to say, I've got the exact opposite opinion. Thrusters feel game breaking, but I like sprint.

Also, semi-joking and semi-serious, sprint makes you go faster. Sprint speeds up gameplay. Logic ;)

No, just joking, I do see your point.
New Styles wrote:
Checked hot juicy pies h3 stats

lol not surprised kid is bad

Meh, I preferred Halo 2. We all have our favorite Halos.

A 50 in H3 isn't impressive. If it's legit then kudos, but I still remember how people were selling rank 50 accounts for as cheap as $5.
Sprint is the downfall of halo. It adds nothing new to the table and just caters to people who like cod/bf. What 343 fails to understand is that when the new cod/bf comes out, the people attracted by sprint will leave and go back to their respective games, leaving halo to rot. I hope halo 5 doesnt end up like halo 4 population wise.
New Styles wrote:
Checked hot juicy pies h3 stats

lol not surprised kid is bad


Meh, I preferred Halo 2. We all have our favorite Halos.
Did you actually play Halo Wars or did you randomly choose that avy?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 16