SR 152 Grinding Now That Infinite Was Delayed

OP PerriAye

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Hello, Waypoint community. I come to you in a time of great need.

I just read about the Halo Infinite delay on Twitter. *Crying face. I am now facing an existential crisis in the form of extreme boredom and nothing to do with my time.

It is with a weary heart and a broken mind, that I have decided to sell my soul to Halo 5 & attempt to reach the ever-fabled SR152: attempted by many; but reached by only a handful. As a lowly SR98, I understand the hell that awaits me in the coming days & months of endlessly grinding through Legendary Warzone Firefight matches & burning through what XP boosts the that I have left (100 legendary Warzone XP boosts, precisely). I have seen the videos & the posts online regarding the time required to attain the right of passage to that "token of appreciation" in Halo Infinite.

Advice is always welcome. Words of encouragement will be forever-appreciated.

The grind may kill me before I reach the end of the tunnel; but if I die, it will happen while I'm kicking and screaming the entire way down.

Let it be known to all that I have chosen this path for myself, knowing fully well that it is a mistake. I hope this post can act, as a monument for my sins.
Hey man... good luck!!! I started the grind a week or so ago after my wife and I just got xbox live gold to co-op the campaign. We're big halo nuts and she hasn't played since Halo 4. We were grinding Halo Reach trying to get to inheritor mainly so I could unlock the helmet. That grind eventually got to me and I switched over to Halo 5... and haven't really looked back. I'm having more fun and the other players for the most part are a lot better than the ones that are left on Reach... I'm only at 44... I have much farther to go than you, and I read today's news with renewed vigor and much jubilation. Good luck to you!! God's speed!! If you ever need anything... add me... I'll always help out where I can... even if it's just to conversate...
Prewojo wrote:
Hey man... good luck!!! I started the grind a week or so ago after my wife and I just got xbox live gold to co-op the campaign. We're big halo nuts and she hasn't played since Halo 4. We were grinding Halo Reach trying to get to inheritor mainly so I could unlock the helmet. That grind eventually got to me and I switched over to Halo 5... and haven't really looked back. I'm having more fun and the other players for the most part are a lot better than the ones that are left on Reach... I'm only at 44... I have much farther to go than you, and I read today's news with renewed vigor and much jubilation. Good luck to you!! God's speed!! If you ever need anything... add me... I'll always help out where I can... even if it's just to conversate...
Grinding H5 turns into an incredibly brutal routine once you get to the higher levels; so set easy-to-achieve goals for yourself (i.e rank up five times per day, or play x number of games, etc.). XP boosts are your best friend, and Legendary Warzone Firefight gives you the most XP consistently. Play Mythic Warzone Firefight on weekends. These are all tips I've seen, heard and tested myself with success.
PerriAye wrote:
Prewojo wrote:
Grinding H5 turns into an incredibly brutal routine once you get to the higher levels; so set easy-to-achieve goals for yourself (i.e rank up five times per day, or play x number of games, etc.). XP boosts are your best friend, and Legendary Warzone Firefight gives you the most XP consistently. Play Mythic Warzone Firefight on weekends. These are all tips I've seen, heard and tested myself with success.
It has been brutal... I've definitely been setting goals for myself everyday, even when I come home from work, saying I want to get to this level before I quit... and so on. I've only been playing on Heroic (and getting about 4k a match)... I'm pretty terrible and even on Heroic have been coming in the bottom half and still averaging right around the 4k. I'll try legendary when I play later today, see what the difference is and still doing some math. Somewhere in the forums someone post the SR structure for H5 and have been keeping track that way, I saw the numbers and decided I should probably save my boosts for the higher levels when it's not so easy to rank up... Just going to keep playing and hope for the best...
Prewojo wrote:
PerriAye wrote:
Prewojo wrote:
It has been brutal... I've definitely been setting goals for myself everyday, even when I come home from work, saying I want to get to this level before I quit... and so on. I've only been playing on Heroic (and getting about 4k a match)... I'm pretty terrible and even on Heroic have been coming in the bottom half and still averaging right around the 4k. I'll try legendary when I play later today, see what the difference is and still doing some math. Somewhere in the forums someone post the SR structure for H5 and have been keeping track that way, I saw the numbers and decided I should probably save my boosts for the higher levels when it's not so easy to rank up... Just going to keep playing and hope for the best...
Good luck to you both! I essentially dropped this game shortly after launch in 2015. Beginning of Covid was the start of my SR152 journey when I randomly decided to give H5 another shot 5 whole years later. So i've been really going hard on firefight pretty much everyday for months now! Im now most of the way thru 148. Still have a long way to go, but this delay has motivated me to keep going! Looking at old forum posts have really helped me keep exact track of my progress along with getting all the best advice. I would recommend checking out this link as it gives you an exact number on your xp. Just type in your gamertag and your stats will pull up.

Also we can probably expect some big double xp events toward the holiday season (Infection for example), given that there is precedent there. Should be a good boost for those who are behind. See you on the battlefield!
Good luck! I sympathize with the pain you have yet to feel lol.

My advice is to play playlists that you enjoy. I absolutely abhor war zone firefight, so I really didn’t delve into it much until I only had around a million or so xp to go. The only reason I did it then was because the population died off so bad that I could rarely find any other game types. Hopefully now the population has ticked up a bit.

Set weekly xp goals and keep a tab on your progress. Since you are still a lower level, you may go up 5 levels in a few days, only to realize that you got less xp than you should have in 1 day. Keeping tabs on the xp you gain will help you stay on track

On weekends with wz turbo or assault be sure to get as much playtime as possible. Shoot for at least 1 million xp on those weekends. If you can stomach it, more is always better.
Find it funny how many will begrudgingly hit 152 in this game
Find it funny how many will begrudgingly hit 152 in this game
Ikr? Starting to think I'm a bit of a masochist lol.

But in a world where Halo Infinite is still months away with no release window in sight, there's not much of anything else out there to do in Halo at the moment. MCC is awesome in short bursts, but becomes boring too fast (especially with mismatched ranks & players quitting), & there's only so much time left before Halo 5 is left dead in the water for good.

Figured I may as well make an effort to try 😂😂
Good luck! I sympathize with the pain you have yet to feel lol.

My advice is to play playlists that you enjoy. I absolutely abhor war zone firefight, so I really didn’t delve into it much until I only had around a million or so xp to go. The only reason I did it then was because the population died off so bad that I could rarely find any other game types. Hopefully now the population has ticked up a bit.

Set weekly xp goals and keep a tab on your progress. Since you are still a lower level, you may go up 5 levels in a few days, only to realize that you got less xp than you should have in 1 day. Keeping tabs on the xp you gain will help you stay on track

On weekends with wz turbo or assault be sure to get as much playtime as possible. Shoot for at least 1 million xp on those weekends. If you can stomach it, more is always better.
I hear ya!

Warzone Turbo is crazy af! Mythic Warzone is no joke either 😂😂

I started playing for my SR on July 31st, after that Infinite community post talking about that "token of appreciation." I was SR60 when I started playing again. I'm stupid close to hitting SR100; so ranking up 40 times in a span of two weeks feels good ngl.

Came || 👈 this close to quitting entirely after I read a community post that said 1,000,000 XP into SR 150 is the half-way checkpoint to SR 152. The Halo Infinite delay has given me an excuse to go for it again.

Tbh I know I'll have to buy more legendary XP boosts to lighten the load once I hit SR 140. Suffice it to say that I'm not really all that excited 😶😶
I doubt at 71 I’ll make it but still gonna try
XP boosts are essential! If you have reqs that you never use, sell them to get RP and then keep getting gold packs. I always kept about 500k RP in the bank so I could get the legendary boosts when they became available. Try and play at least 2 wz ff games a day to get the packs and easy XP; mythic on the weekend.
If you're just grinding for XP firefight all the way, the trick is to occupy your mind with something else my best advice which helped me is mute halo while you play and listen to a podcast or an audio book. It's pretty easy to autopilot a game of firefight even mythic, it's the difference between finishing the grind relatively sane and losing your mind completely.
PerriAye wrote:

I just read about the Halo Infinite delay on Twitter. *Crying face. I am now facing an existential crisis in the form of extreme boredom and nothing to do with my time.

It is with a weary heart and a broken mind, that I have decided to sell my soul to Halo 5 & attempt to reach the ever-fabled SR152: attempted by many; but reached by only a handful. As a lowly SR98, I understand the hell that awaits me in the coming days & months of endlessly grinding through Legendary Warzone Firefight matches & burning through what XP boosts the that I have left (100 legendary Warzone XP boosts, precisely). I have seen the videos & the posts online regarding the time required to attain the right of passage to that "token of appreciation" in Halo Infinite.

The grind may kill me before I reach the end of the tunnel; but if I die, it will happen while I'm kicking and screaming the entire way down.

Let it be known to all that I have chosen this path for myself, knowing fully well that it is a mistake. I hope this post can act, as a monument for my sins.
I’ll tell you how I got 152.

Firefight is definitely the way forward but honestly I’d play Heroic over legendary. The XP for legendary is only 1k more than heroic but it is much harder to complete. You’ll be more efficient with heroic.

Friday-Monday Mythic FF is available to play. Those matches will net you over 22k XP with a boost. Even if you don’t complete round 5 you still get good XP.

Firefight is all about vehicles, ghosts, wraiths, banshees, tanks etc. Splattering is the easiest way to kill anything. Big bosses just need nuking with damage.

There are certain weapons that are good for bosses. Void’s Tear, Spitfire, sentinel beam, delta beam rifle, twin jewels etc.

I still play a lot of FF helping others get to 152. Add me on XBL and anytime I’m playing Halo 5 just drop me a message! I usually have a Fireteam to smash through the matches easy.

Good luck everyone, hope this info helps.
TheDonCJG wrote:
PerriAye wrote:

I’ll tell you how I got 152.

Firefight is definitely the way forward but honestly I’d play Heroic over legendary. The XP for legendary is only 1k more than heroic but it is much harder to complete. You’ll be more efficient with heroic.

Friday-Monday Mythic FF is available to play. Those matches will net you over 22k XP with a boost. Even if you don’t complete round 5 you still get good XP.

Firefight is all about vehicles, ghosts, wraiths, banshees, tanks etc. Splattering is the easiest way to kill anything. Big bosses just need nuking with damage.

There are certain weapons that are good for bosses. Void’s Tear, Spitfire, sentinel beam, delta beam rifle, twin jewels etc.

I still play a lot of FF helping others get to 152. Add me on XBL and anytime I’m playing Halo 5 just drop me a message! I usually have a Fireteam to smash through the matches easy.

Good luck everyone, hope this info helps.
This actually did... although I found most of this out the hard way... FF on heroic is definitely the way I'm going, especially now that I know and the weekend mythic... I can't wait to give that a try. Also going to add... making that final push... up to 47, and leveling multiple times a day still, although I think those days are numbered and then it's just a focus on gaining xp... then the next trial becomes achilles... sign... gaming is hard!!
PerriAye wrote:

My advice would be to stock up on the Legendary xp boost packs that cycle into the req store once in a while. The game types I would recommend would be Infection, Mythic firefight, Warzone Turbo, and Heroic firefight. Ive gotten 27,000 xp in a Warzone Turbo match using Legendary xp boosts so I would definitely recommend playing it when its featured. Hope this Helps!
PerriAye wrote:

Stop.
Grinding solo, especially Firefight, is just a waste of time.
152 should simply be a byproduct of having fun in the game. And I can't imagine the torture of not playing with friends.
Hit 145 last night. I find I am enjoying the heck out of playing H5 again.
Hit 145 last night. I find I am enjoying the heck out of playing H5 again.
That's awesome!!! Congrats!! Just hit 50 last night (I know I know)... but hey... I'm enjoying the crap out of H5 again as well. Wasn't that huge a fan when I played the campaign when it first came out... but now that I'm firefighting.... love every minute of it.
Last time I'll say this. I am having an unbelievably great time playing H5. Warzone, Mythic Arena and Action Sack crazy fun. I have been away from H5 for a long time. The amount of game variety is nuts. Also got over 600K XP today...so far.
Yeah I'm really enjoying it again after taking a fairly lengthy break - sitting at 144 at the moment, and I'm splitting up grinding on Warzone Firefights with a bit of Mythic Arena and whichever social arena playlist is featured each week, just to keep things more enjoyable!

Still not convinced I'll make it to 152 but I'm more hopeful than I was!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4