Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Sr 50 / road to 152

OP Rips

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Update: I've been busy with Gears 5 but I manage to always get some Halo 5 in before the day ends. I am currently Sr91. You guys were right, it does get a bit harder to level up as you get higher but I also noticed the minimum of XP you get has been raised to I guess make up for it.
Google document that lists the SR levels and the needed XP to achieve that rank level

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MZvsSskAuQ6p_tpW5zCXUYCOUfW3KraART_ZnN2lXYM/htmlview
To give you an idea of how long it takes, I have played pretty consistently and it has taken me a year to get from 149 to just shy of 152. Most weeks I would average 500k xp. Weeks that had wza or wzturbo I would aim to get 1 million xp over the weekend. I’m not saying you can’t do it because it's definitely possible, but I encourage you to have realistic expectations. When you dedicate that much time to a game, you have to be careful that you don’t let it negatively affect other parts of your life. When I started the grind, I was getting between 700k and a million xp every week, but it was having a negative impact on my life so I had to back off to avoid burnout
Rips wrote:
Thanks for the lil tips everyone. I feel like a kid again just grinding Halo so much lol. So far I am level 57! I think I'm at a pretty stable rate. What do you guys think?
I don't mean to discourage but, if you're trying to reach 152 before Infinite drops there is no humanly was possible you can do it alone. If you're just trying to get there at any point then yeah, good job.
You can definitely get to 152 within a year, if your dedicated to it.
Rips wrote:
Update. I am level 80 rn... looks impossible but I still believe in myself..
I hadn't played H5 online, I avoided it until Jan 1st 2019. Currently I'm at 151, with 14mil to go, and I average 100-200k XP a day. On weekends where I'm free, 300-500k XP. It can definitely be done.
To give you an idea of how long it takes, I have played pretty consistently and it has taken me a year to get from 149 to just shy of 152. Most weeks I would average 500k xp. Weeks that had wza or wzturbo I would aim to get 1 million xp over the weekend. I’m not saying you can’t do it because it's definitely possible, but I encourage you to have realistic expectations. When you dedicate that much time to a game, you have to be careful that you don’t let it negatively affect other parts of your life. When I started the grind, I was getting between 700k and a million xp every week, but it was having a negative impact on my life so I had to back off to avoid burnout
Good luck on the final push my good sir!
<p></p>
Rips wrote:
Thanks for the lil tips everyone. I feel like a kid again just grinding Halo so much lol. So far I am level 57! I think I'm at a pretty stable rate. What do you guys think?
I don't mean to discourage but, if you're trying to reach 152 before Infinite drops there is no humanly was possible you can do it alone. If you're just trying to get there at any point then yeah, good job.
Rips wrote:
I hadn't played H5 online, I avoided it until Jan 1st 2019. Currently I'm at 151, with 14mil to go, and I average 100-200k XP a day. On weekends where I'm free, 300-500k XP. It can definitely be done.
thanks brotha, that means a lot and good stuff!
Rips wrote:
Rips wrote:
Rips wrote:
thanks brotha, that means a lot and good stuff!
No problem sir, and I've ran into you alot on 1v1, I remember the name. You've also sent me some trash talk in mags lol, but that's the nature of the game.
Rips wrote:
Rips wrote:
Y'all making me feel base about my weekly progress.
Idk what happened with this post, but it looked like Egyptian writing, so I edited it, and wrote this instead 🤘🏻
ZAPDANGDO wrote:
Rips wrote:
Rips wrote:
Lol I'm just getting that much to get done with it quickly as my schedule allows. It also makes up for days I can't play at all, any progress is good progress sir, and there's no right/ wrong way to do it. Being at 150, you could get a average of 46k a day, and still get to 152 in 365 days Zap. You don't have to play with anyone else either, I never do. Out of all my time put in, MAYBE 15 hrs of it I have with a friend in my party, and that's being generous.
IMO do LOTS and I mean LOTS of Warzone Firefight. Good way to not only get xp but get a fair amount of req points on the side.
Rips wrote:
Update: I've been busy with Gears 5 but I manage to always get some Halo 5 in before the day ends. I am currently Sr91. You guys were right, it does get a bit harder to level up as you get higher but I also noticed the minimum of XP you get has been raised to I guess make up for it.
Just wait until you get to SR 147...
ZAPDANGDO wrote:
Rips wrote:
Rips wrote:
Lol I'm just getting that much to get done with it quickly as my schedule allows. It also makes up for days I can't play at all, any progress is good progress sir, and there's no right/ wrong way to do it. Being at 150, you could get a average of 46k a day, and still get to 152 in 365 days Zap. You don't have to play with anyone else either, I never do. Out of all my time put in, MAYBE 15 hrs of it I have with a friend in my party, and that's being generous.
Story of my life more or less, yeah.
Im hittin' about 50k XP a day so far running five or so Firefight games with Legendaries on. Its goin pretty well.
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
How did you get that FireTeam Raven badge?
Rips wrote:
I'm 149 about to hit 150 if I can give you any advice it's to be consistent. If I just played 5 games a day I'd already be 152 but I let myself get distracted by inferior games (destiny 2) and now it's coming down to the wire. Also save your req points if 343 gives us 2xp again for Christmas they'll sell the legendary xp boosts (I hope)
I played FireTeam Raven at a Dave and busters when I went on vacation. It has a place where you can scan your gamer tag QR code. If you go to your service record here on waypoint, then select fireteam raven, it will give you the QR code to scan. Just put your phone on the scanner when you start to play and you are good to go
I played FireTeam Raven at a Dave and busters when I went on vacation. It has a place where you can scan your gamer tag QR code. If you go to your service record here on waypoint, then select fireteam raven, it will give you the QR code to scan. Just put your phone on the scanner when you start to play and you are good to go
Awesome now I just have to drive 2 hours to the nearest Dave and buster's 😑 thanks for the help 👍
Rips wrote:
I'm 149 about to hit 150 if I can give you any advice it's to be consistent. If I just played 5 games a day I'd already be 152 but I let myself get distracted by inferior games (destiny 2) and now it's coming down to the wire. Also save your req points if 343 gives us 2xp again for Christmas they'll sell the legendary xp boosts (I hope)
I can't save any req points, because I have to spend 50k in them, just to get 2 arena xp boosts lol... I seriously only get maybe 1 if I'm lucky, every 6-7 packs, all the rest are warzone, eww... Which is only good for featured days.. I try to only play with boosts on, every bit of xp helps.
Rips wrote:
Rips wrote:
Gotta believe brotha, that's all you need. I'm level 61 right now so pretty much I leveled up once per hour ever since my most recent post here. I got this!
Dont let ranking up easily now fool you. Once you get to 150, that's only half way there pretty much. It starts to really slow down once you hit 147. Good luck!
Rips wrote:
Did they 2EXP for every playlist last christmas? Im trying to plan out my EXP boosts and everything. Wish they would have double exp WZ FF.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3