Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

SR152 reward in Halo Infinite expectations

OP Delta4907

I’m about to hit 147, and I’m severely questioning my sanity of being able to do this. The grind is real. I’d have to play 3 hours every single day to be close to finishing by Infinite, and that’s with double XP and using Legendary XP boost, which I’m about to run out of. It’s certainly feasible, but I’m already getting burnt out.

I really like having something to show off when achieving something but if the reward is gonna be a nameplate or emblem I’m just gonna call it quits here. I wish they’d just come out and say what it is so people don’t grind just for the reward.

More power to people that have done it or are in the process, but I think I’m gonna stop and move to MCC instead. At least there I still have rewards to unlock and there’s a lot more variety.
Yeah, I'm at 145 and I highly doubt I can make it either. I just got married and I don't think I'll be having as much time anymore. It would be cool to know what the reward is though.
From what 343 has said, don’t expect anything that’s worth the grind.
There is not response by 343 but trying to image general rewards from previous titles,
it would be surely something like:
  • or Nameplate(maybe different for lvl"153" also)
  • or Skin for weapon or armor
  • or piece of armor
  • or full set of armor
  • or a challenge/rewards in xp like boost pack
  • or a emblem (maybe different for lvl"153" also)
  • or a armor effect(like flaming helmet)
  • a message of Thanksgiving.
The word going around so far is that the reward is an emblem.
Just seems strange to give out an emblem a 2nd time, as I assume the reason they made a point for this is to make up for the fact that the Halo 5 reward is lackluster, which is an emblem. So they'd want to make it something better this time. Honestly if it's just an emblem or nameplate they shouldn't have even bothered making it a big bullet point. Just maybe announce it closer to launch if it really is that small, that way people don't grind just for the same reward twice.
They said it wouldn't be anything "huge" like an armor set, a 'special helmet', or etc. If you're expecting a Flaming Helmet or something then don't bother. They haven't said what it would be exactly, but they said it wouldn't be anything massive.
Are emblems even confirmed for Infinite? I’ve not seen that. Honestly I think it was one poster who threw in the towel from even trying to get to 152 who suggested here that’s all it was going to be.

The only official word I recall was that it wasn’t going to be a super exclusive armor.
I'm pretty sure it'll be an emblem. I dont want to deter you from trying but if you think it's an armor I'd suggest rethinking this.
Hopefully something cool though. Hitting 152 takes a big commitment, i feel its worth an armour piece. If not, ok....
If the reward is like an equivalent of a free h5 gold pack or something cruel like that.. ill never play a halo game again.
It's going to be an emblem or nameplate, and you better run the board if you have that thing equipped.
Players will be focusing/grinding on the new rewards for halo infinite when it comes out. 343 should just keep the xp boosts available everyday until halo infinite comes out if they want players to continue playing. Better incentives will keep players happy. And that would require common sense....and no one has common sense.
Delta4907 wrote:
I’m about to hit 147, and I’m severely questioning my sanity of being able to do this. The grind is real. I’d have to play 3 hours every single day to be close to finishing by Infinite, and that’s with double XP and using Legendary XP boost, which I’m about to run out of. It’s certainly feasible, but I’m already getting burnt out.

I really like having something to show off when achieving something but if the reward is gonna be a nameplate or emblem I’m just gonna call it quits here. I wish they’d just come out and say what it is so people don’t grind just for the reward.

More power to people that have done it or are in the process, but I think I’m gonna stop and move to MCC instead. At least there I still have rewards to unlock and there’s a lot more variety.
i hope they deliver an exclusive armor to us, i played warzone like crazy during the first 18 months after release, and then i stopped due to university projects, now i´m back and close to get the max rank, you should play legendary/mythic firefight (or turbo when it´s available) in order to get the max amount of xp per xp boost. Good luck
I'll have to sell my soul to reach max rank.
343 have already said it wouldn’t be anything super exclusive worth grinding for. I had set the goal for myself to get to 152 long before they announced the reward, and now that I have done the grind I can absolutely say that if you are not already close to finishing, whatever “reward” 343 gives out will not be worth your time. I don’t think people really realize how much of a grind H5 is until they get to 150 then realize they aren’t even half way there