1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. 9
  7. ...
  8. 10
it's a poor business practice to just lead people to believe that they're going to get this amazing reward for getting 152.
Except this never happened. They answered a community asked question on a live stream with "if you reach 152 we'll have a little something for you". It was completely off the cuff. As always, it's the community that have been building this up to be some huge amazing thing, not 343
stckrboy wrote:
it's a poor business practice to just lead people to believe that they're going to get this amazing reward for getting 152.
Except this never happened. They answered a community asked question on a live stream with "if you reach 152 we'll have a little something for you". It was completely off the cuff. As always, it's the community that have been building this up to be some huge amazing thing, not 343
I'm getting Falcon flashbacks.
stckrboy wrote:
I'm getting Falcon flashbacks.
The Falcon is the reward for 152? Sick!
stckrboy wrote:
they should know by now that the community is going to take everything they say to the head big time and blow everything out of proportion. 343 has been caught saying some pretty outlandish stuff about Halo in the past with the whole "we hired people who hate Halo" dilemma and more, and this is just another instance of them saying something that could obviously be taken with a grain of salt, but clearly they should have known better and predicted that the fans are going to expect some huge, inconceivable reward for hitting 152. And can you really blame the fans for expecting something big and worthy? I mean, the dude who started the "152 unfair thread" said he has 168 days played in Halo 5 and still hasn't gotten 152.

343 just dug themselves in yet another hole that is now going to require them to dish out something awesome and amazing for the 152 spartans of Halo 5, otherwise their just going to get another wave of disappointed fans. Whether they actually meant with the simple statement in the live stream is irrelevant now because their are a lot of people who are going to expect to get something amazing for the accomplishment.

Clear and concise communication between the community and developers is key to maintaining expectations from a game, and even if he did say "we'll have a little something for you," guess what the fans are going to interpret that as? Something BIG. Announcing something that fans could potentially see as a huge thing in such a subtle and insubstantial manner was a mistake on 343's part. Idk why you can't see that.
stckrboy wrote:
they should know by now that the community is going to take everything they say to the head big time and blow everything out of proportion. 343 has been caught saying some pretty outlandish stuff about Halo in the past with the whole "we hired people who hate Halo" dilemma and more, and this is just another instance of them saying something that could obviously be taken with a grain of salt, but clearly they should have known better and predicted that the fans are going to expect some huge, inconceivable reward for hitting 152. And can you really blame the fans for expecting something big and worthy? I mean, the dude who started the "152 unfair thread" said he has 168 days played in Halo 5 and still hasn't gotten 152.

343 just dug themselves in yet another hole that is now going to require them to dish out something awesome and amazing for the 152 spartans of Halo 5, otherwise their just going to get another wave of disappointed fans. Whether they actually meant with the simple statement in the live stream is irrelevant now because their are a lot of people who are going to expect to get something amazing for the accomplishment.

Clear and concise communication between the community and developers is key to maintaining expectations from a game, and even if he did say "we'll have a little something for you," guess what the fans are going to interpret that as? Something BIG. Announcing something that fans could potentially see as a huge thing in such a subtle and insubstantial manner was a mistake on 343's part. Idk why you can't see that.
To add

A. Yes 343 has been caught saying things thats true all companies do that and i agreed with that they shouldn't have said anything at all.

B.Fans from any community are always gonna be disappointed halo is no different no matter what a company does they can't satisfy everyone in there community.Different minds don't think alike and never will.

C. Communication and Trust between both parties is very important to keep in good standing with a company i can agree there.However no company has precise and clear communication they have far from and between. If the fans interpret something as big then that is them to blame not the company. The company is this case could be only blamed for at best is them announcing a reward without having an actual plan set in motion prior.
stckrboy wrote:

http://i.imgur.com/NZKswqW.gif
I hope the reward is something really cool, like an armor and an emblem. If it's just a visor color I'll be a little bit let down
Lukecv1 wrote:
I hope the reward is something really cool, like an armor and an emblem. If it's just a visor color I'll be a little bit let down
There was a tweet sent out, it's not going to be an armor. So what ever it will be it will be pretty minor so to speak.
LethalQ wrote:
Lukecv1 wrote:
There was a tweet sent out, it's not going to be an armor. So what ever it will be it will be pretty minor so to speak.
Link to Tweet by Unyshek. ”Going to be preemptive in saying if you're grinding just for the reward in Infinite, you’re probably jebaiting yourself. From my understanding it's meant to be a nice token for those who happen to hit max rank, but not an uLtRa eXcLuSiVe ArMoR worth grinding for on its own.”
I guess people just don't understand the meaning of the word "little" (small in size, amount, or degree) so the reward was NEVER going to be that much.
Typical. An off-hand comment on a live stream and one tweet from a 343 employee about a small gesture for those that happen to get to SR152 gets completely taken out of context.

If you've made it there already. Great, congratulations! If you're on that grind mode...keep it up! Use caution setting your expectation and don't complain when it's not what you expected or wanted it to be. Thats on all of us.

Im around 2.1 million xp from 150. I will get to 152. I am doing it out of spite for completion. That is all.
xcasbonx wrote:
Im around 2.1 million xp from 150. I will get to 152. I am doing it out of spite for completion. That is all.
Nice! You are roughly 28million away from 152, as long as you keep playing halo 5 you’ll get there 😁 I’ll be cheering for you.
Spoiler:
Show
Well I'm about 300,000 away from 151, wonder if I could make it by the time Infinite releases........
Infinite is about 2 years away so more than likely, if you play infection/firefight especially.
nPlasma wrote:
Well I'm about 300,000 away from 151, wonder if I could make it by the time Infinite releases........
Infinite is about 2 years away so more than likely, if you play infection/firefight especially.
Please don't say statements like this. We don't know how far away Infinite is.
Yay maybe it will be a piece of armor or a helmet or something really cool !!!
Yeah either what you said or maybe a emblem.
Even if the reward itself is lame or subtle, the fact that it will be exclusive for dedicated players will undoubtedly make it stand out.
iMaeMae wrote:
You two better not get high hopes. Unyshek stated that it was going to be a simple token of appreciation and that grinding just for it would tire you. You can still grind Halo 5 for 152, that's all your choice.
iMaeMae wrote:
You two better not get high hopes. Unyshek stated that it was going to be a simple token of appreciation and that grinding just for it would tire you. You can still grind Halo 5 for 152, that's all your choice.
I have been 152 for a long time so it doesn't really matter what it is I just think it'd be cool if it was something recognizable
iMaeMae wrote:
I have been 152 for a long time so it doesn't really matter what it is I just think it'd be cool if it was something recognizable
Well, all I can say is congratulations. Still, just don't hope for something "otherwordly". Can it stand out? Of course and it should. I may not be there, but I know that SR152 is no easy business.
LethalQ wrote:
Lukecv1 wrote:
If it's an emblem, then I'll wear it as a badge of honor.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. 9
  7. ...
  8. 10