Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Stay out of my Warthog!

OP LUKEPOWA

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
If I set up my Warthog in a strategic spot and I'm shooting enemies, that doesn't mean that I want you to get in it and start driving around! This happened last night, and of course a few seconds after my teammate got in and started driving he overturned it and I missed getting the boss kill. If I want you to get in my Warthog, then I drive up next you and start honking. That's obviously not the only time it happened either, but it's really annoying and I hope there's some kind of lock out feature in H6.

Now for an amusing story. Last night my teammate betrayed me when I had sniper so he could use it for himself. Naturally, I returned the favor after he was weak from an enemy and grabbed the sniper back. I saw that he was coming after me, so I just decided to waste all the ammo and then he started spewing insults towards me saying I suck and I'm probably just a Warzone kid or something. I laughed and then shortly after he quit the game. Screw that guy.
Worst is when you're in Warzone/WZA defending the core by spamming nades from the back of a gungoose, when suddenly your teammate walks in thinking he's Vin Deisel and starts driving your goose straight into the entire enemy team... only to die and get you killed instantly... never gets old
Yeah, it's a pain sometimes, but other times I've gotten many more kills than I would have otherwise if I had kept camping. There should never be a lockout feature!!! The vehicle that was spawned is a multi-person vehicle, so others should be allowed to come/go as they please. Your teammates may not do what you wish them too, but that's where you just have to be patient and live with the result.
It happens to me all the time. As soon as they start driving I all ways end up dying like 30 seconds later.
From my experiences, the drivers who are terrible far outweigh the ones that are decent. A lockout feature might be too extreme, but I think something should be added. What if you could EMP your own Warthog or make it so the wheels don't move? Or, maybe have some kind of indicator that goes off that lets people know you don't want to move. I don't know just throwing ideas out there.
I wish there was an option to lock people out of your warthog, even members on your own team like in real life lol. You may say 'but there are no doors how can you lock something with no doors?' - through the power of magic and invisible boundaries XD
LUKEPOWA wrote:
From my experiences, the drivers who are terrible far outweigh the ones that are decent.
So blunt but so true lmao
Worst is when you're in Warzone/WZA defending the core by spamming nades from the back of a gungoose, when suddenly your teammate walks in thinking he's Vin Deisel and starts driving your goose straight into the entire enemy team... only to die and get you killed instantly... never gets old
This. lol
I have had it happen many times. The solution is easy, turn on the mic, and tell them to leave you alone. Most of the time it works, but you still have those that will refuse to listen.
Wut. The warthog is a multi-person vehicle. You're supposed to be driving around shooting people.
Wut. The warthog is a multi-person vehicle. You're supposed to be driving around shooting people.
I'm mainly talking about Warzone/Firefight where it's my Warthog that I spawned in. In BTB, I'd agree with you since it's the team's Warthog.
I wish there was an option to lock people out of your warthog, even members on your own team like in real life lol. You may say 'but there are no doors how can you lock something with no doors?' - through the power of magic and invisible boundaries XD
Can't go too far without the keys. :p
LUKEPOWA wrote:
If I set up my Warthog in a strategic spot and I'm shooting enemies, that doesn't mean that I want you to get in it and start driving around! This happened last night, and of course a few seconds after my teammate got in and started driving he overturned it and I missed getting the boss kill. If I want you to get in my Warthog, then I drive up next you and start honking. That's obviously not the only time it happened either, but it's really annoying and I hope there's some kind of lock out feature in H6.
I assume you didn't get on the mic in game chat or message everyone on your team and say, "I'm going to use this two (three) man vehicle as a stationary turret. Please don't drive me around." So from your teammate's perspective, "Hey, dude in a gunner's seat. Let me be helpful and drive him around so we can wreck some dudes."

I don't know why you would expect them to add a feature to gameplay to prevent people from using a vehicle, intended to be used by multiple spartans. I'm always thankful for a driver, even though most of them aren't exactly stellar.

LUKEPOWA wrote:
Now for an amusing story. Last night my teammate betrayed me when I had sniper so he could use it for himself. Naturally, I returned the favor after he was weak from an enemy and grabbed the sniper back. I saw that he was coming after me, so I just decided to waste all the ammo and then he started spewing insults towards me saying I suck and I'm probably just a Warzone kid or something. I laughed and then shortly after he quit the game. Screw that guy.
So some dude acts badly, you act badly. Seems report and move on probably would've been a better solution to me.
A multi-person vehicle won't do you any good if it gets turned into a multi-person scrap pile because of a bad driver.
I will quickly get in my driver seat and drive away if someone comes up when I'm clearly putting myself in one spot and getting the majority of the kills in Firefight

If I see them coming, I drive away. Usually this means they chase me down for the next 5 minutes until we lose because surprise surprise, I was the one doing the majority of damage and now I'm distracted by a teammate.

If someone does get in the seat, I will drive in a remote area and stay there until they leave, or put myself in a position where they can't contribute. Yes this applies to tanks as well, not so much Wraiths because I need to be facing them.

"Well why don't you just let them shoot while you drive Vegeto? You're a detriment to your team he isn't hurting anyone and is trying to help!"

Well that's where you're wrong, kiddo. Having someone drive me around means there is a large chance I'm going to be shot and killed, and moved away from my optimal position. If he isn't going to move me, then he wouldn't have gotten in the driver seat to begin with.

If he gets in the gunner seat, that means I have to trust him with shooting the targets I need him to shoot, which may or may not happen. Also, I have no reason to be in the drivers seat, I'm already in the position I want to be! I'm essentially giving him my vehicle.

But the most important part, there are two of us in one area now. Enemies are now twice as likely to attack us because there are two people pulling aggro. This increases the chances of death where I would have been fine alone.

Also, in the case of the Wraith and Scorpions, the turret does so little damage, has so little accuracy, and very little visibility, you are quite literally better off running at people with an Assault Rifle. At least you get more damage ticks that way. If you're going to sit there and be next to useless, at least bring a slightly less useless power weapon like a Needler so when you inevitably die, someone else can take the weapon off your dead body and do more than you ever did in the turret.
I assume you didn't get on the mic in game chat or message everyone on your team and say, "I'm going to use this two (three) man vehicle as a stationary turret. Please don't drive me around." So from your teammate's perspective, "Hey, dude in a gunner's seat. Let me be helpful and drive him around so we can wreck some dudes."

So some dude acts badly, you act badly. Seems report and move on probably would've been a better solution to me.
Why do I feel like you're disagreeing with me just to disagree with me for the first part. I don't think I've ever heard anyone ever say that in any Warzone game that I've played. Not that it would've mattered since I believe he was in party chat from his mic icon, but from where I was positioned for almost a minute already shooting the bosses, it should've been obvious that I didn't need to be driving around.

Meh, for the second part. I think part of it had to do with me being betrayed multiple times over the last couple days and I was tired of it. I did report it, but I highly doubt it would do anything.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Why do I feel like you're disagreeing with me just to disagree with me for the first part. I don't think I've ever heard anyone ever say that in any Warzone game that I've played. Not that it would've mattered since I believe he was in party chat from his mic icon, but from where I was positioned for almost a minute already shooting the bosses, it should've been obvious that I didn't need to be driving around.

Meh, for the second part. I think part of it had to do with me being betrayed multiple times over the last couple days and I was tired of it. I did report it, but I highly doubt it would do anything.
I'm guessing because your having trouble recognizing perspectives other than your own. Which is what I'm trying to point out. Well, part of it anyway. I've pointed out the inherent flaws in this kind of thinking regarding using the warthog as a turret before. It isn't a natural assumption to make.
Which is why we need some kind of indicator on the Warthog letting people know which would be better than nothing. Telling people to use a mic isn't an effective method anymore because so many people use party chat or don't have one plugged in. I've used a mic telling people stuff so many times in WZ, but it's like talking to yourself.
Oh. My. God!!! You don't even know how much I absolutely DETEST people that steal my wheels like a nutcase after setting myself up in a good spot!

It's the absolute worst in Firefight where I have a clear shot on the bosses, and I'm still out of harm's way. I had this one hardheaded stuck-up who didn't give a damn that my Warthog was mine in the first place!

These kind of people trail behind smurfs no problem. Super annoying.
This is purely my opinion, you can disagree with me and we don't have to hate each other.

A mobile warthog is ALWAYS more effective than a stationary warthog. I know lots of people don't agree with me, so I don't just hop in drivers seats and take the warthog on a cruise. But one half way competent player can always kill a stationary warthog with loadout weapons, and almost no effort.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2